Chicago Bulls history thread

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Just a thread in which we can discuss the history of the franchise from their beginnings with Sloan and Love to the Jordan and dynasty days to the baby bulls to Rose and the Bulls of today

So go.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Gotta Love a new poster getting into the thread Business right away. :yep: :clap:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
What part of the history do you want to talk about?

I started watching religiously in 1983. The Sloan and Love Bulls were before my time, and I'm not going to be that asshole that acts like they know, when they didn't see it live.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
What part of the history do you want to talk about?

I started watching religiously in 1983. The Sloan and Love Bulls were before my time, and I'm not going to be that asshole that acts like they know, when they didn't see it live.

Whatever moments you want to talk about.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does anyone know where to see some game footage from that Sloan, Van Lier, Bob Love, etc era? I've only seen bits and pieces of their play, but I'd really like to see some full games to get the full appreciation of what those players did. Being a youngin it's hard to truly appreciate things you only hear about.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Does anyone know where to see some game footage from that Sloan, Van Lier, Bob Love, etc era? I've only seen bits and pieces of their play, but I'd really like to see some full games to get the full appreciation of what those players did. Being a youngin it's hard to truly appreciate things you only hear about.

[video=youtube;NN6VrlUnVAc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN6VrlUnVAc[/video]

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I think in the offseason, the history talk will spike up. Right now, a lot of us are a bit burnt by the emotional rollercoaster of late.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i'd love to get my hands on the 2007 series vs Miami

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jordan was the greatest of all time. Pippen was a top 50 player of all time. Toni Kukoc was the first real European player people loved. Steve Kerr was the white boy that could shoot lights out. Rodman was a drag queen. Luc Longley was a non athletic force of weirdness and they were one of the greatest of all time. I think I summed up 3 of their championships.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
The peak of the baby bulls. I they beat the heat by like 42 in the first game of that same season.

i wish they had a NBA vault like the NCAA

[video=youtube;6Se_wjWWVrQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Se_wjWWVrQ[/video]

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
i wish they had a NBA vault like the NCAA

[video=youtube;6Se_wjWWVrQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Se_wjWWVrQ[/video]

There are some complete games on youtube. Most from 80s and 90s when the NBA was at its peak. That 04 Uconn team was and still is till this day the most dominant college team I have seen since watching it seriously. Loved when the Bulls drafted Gordon and kind of knew that they did. That 04 draft with Gordon, Deng, Duhon, and Noc I think will always be great for me as it brought us back to the playoffs. It was hard to watch the NBA in general from 99-04.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
I made a thread like this on bullsconnect back when they had their forums and this one name ctw (who I also knew from nba.com fan voice) said that Ben Gordon was never clutch and that Longley and Cartwright were better than Boerwinkle and Noah because they had rings. We got into endless debates about this stuff all the time.

Liked Posts:
Why does no one care to talk about the Elton Brand era?

Seriously, one of my favorite things about "the Shot" that's often overlooked is that prior to that, with six seconds left, Jordan knocked down a would be game winner to put Chicago up 1. So not only did he hit "the Shot" with it all on the line but he had to do it twice. Another interesting thing about that series is that the Bulls lost every regular season game against the Cavs that year.

Edit--oh, and my Chicago Bulls Mt Rushmore would be Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, and Noah. Phil would be there if you were to include coaches.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
There are some complete games on youtube. Most from 80s and 90s when the NBA was at its peak. That 04 Uconn team was and still is till this day the most dominant college team I have seen since watching it seriously. Loved when the Bulls drafted Gordon and kind of knew that they did. That 04 draft with Gordon, Deng, Duhon, and Noc I think will always be great for me as it brought us back to the playoffs. It was hard to watch the NBA in general from 99-04.

yeah that uconn team was the shit

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Why does no one care to talk about the Elton Brand era?

Seriously, one of my favorite things about "the Shot" that's often overlooked is that prior to that, with six seconds left, Jordan knocked down a would be game winner to put Chicago up 1. So not only did he hit "the Shot" with it all on the line but he had to do it twice. Another interesting thing about that series is that the Bulls lost every regular season game against the Cavs that year.

Edit--oh, and my Chicago Bulls Mt Rushmore would be Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, and Noah. Phil would be there if you were to include coaches.

I could lineup many different favorite Bulls lineups, but in todays game, could you imagine a defensive lineup of MJ, Butler, Pippen, Rodman, and Noah. Man, would that be a fun lineup to watch play some playoff defense or what?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I could lineup many different favorite Bulls lineups, but in todays game, could you imagine a defensive lineup of MJ, Butler, Pippen, Rodman, and Noah. Man, would that be a fun lineup to watch play some playoff defense or what?

ewww that spacing

but yeah that team would be crazy on defense

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
ewww that spacing

but yeah that team would be crazy on defense

I don't think there would be any problem with spacing with that lineup at all. Teams would have to double MJ all the time anyways. Heck, the Pistons would triple team him. I'd actually take a young Ron Harper rather than Butler if I could.