IGT: Hornets vs BULLS Monday March 23rd @ 7pm on WGN

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Bear06

Liked Posts:
I totally disagree. It's nothing but a little fun for the fans. What makes a fanbase look bad, is cheering when your QB and offense is inside the 10 yard line and trying to score.

Nf6ZuLp.png

i1EmbvR.png

N5GUG2t.png

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

First off, if anyone wanted a Big Mac, it's Nick Friedell! There wasn't a lot of booing, and certainly, no one was booing out of spite, you've got to be kidding. It was nothing but some fun and disappointment for the fans.

It's nothing different than when fans chanted for Scalabrine at the end of games. Jimmy was in a position to hand the ball off to a hot Niko to shoot a 3 which would have absolutely sent the crowd into a frenzy.

It's no wonder they boo'd. I bet if you ask Jimmy after the game, he would have rather shot the ball, imo. This is about as an innocent case of booing I could imagine, and I'm a former player who hates fans that boo!

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
According To Big Macs, The Bulls Haven’t Been This Good Since MJ Left

The Bulls aren't struggling. In fact, this is the best team the Bulls have had since the Jordan era, according to Big Macs.
By Peter Hahn -
Feb 7, 2015

It hasn’t exactly been a great start to 2015 for the Chicago Bulls.

After a 22-10 mark in the first two months of the season, the Bulls are just 8-10 since New Year’s Day. They’ve struggled on defense, been incredibly inconsistent, and Tom Thibodeau’s job rumors probably aren’t going anywhere soon.

But if there’s one thing we know this Bulls team can do, it’s score the basketball. Which, of course, is always a good thing when the object of the game is to score more than the other team.

Even Ronnie Brewer wants a Big Mac!

[video=youtube;QQskAQHKvQQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQskAQHKvQQ[/video]

With the Bulls seemingly crossing the 100-point plateau every other night this season, I thought it had to be some sort of record. After all, we’ve been accustomed to the Bulls winning plenty of games with point totals in the high 80’s the last few seasons.

But thanks to the addition of Pau Gasol, Derrick Rose being relatively healthy and a breakout season for Jimmy Butler- the Bulls are scoring a lot more than we’re used to.​
As you can see, this season (101.9) is only the second since Michael Jordan left that the Bulls have been averaging triple digits a night. The last time – the 2008-2009 season – was Rose’s rookie year under Vinny Del Negro, when the Bulls had a ridiculous nine players in double figures en route to their final nightly average of 102.2.

Naturally, the Bulls’ scoring numbers at the United Center tell the same story – just on a slightly bigger scale. Which, if you’re talking about the Bulls’ Big Macs promotion, is all that really matters.
So far this season, the Bulls are pushing 105 points a night at the UC with an average of 103.5. And just like the first graph stated, 2008-2009 is the only other time they’ve been over 100 points per night at home since the Jordan era.

As we all know, the Bulls give a coupon for a free Big Mac to every fan in attendance each time the Bulls score 100 points and win. Welcome to Chicago.
Considering all these numbers, I began to wonder even more: how many times have the Bulls given away Big Macs this season?

This season, you’ve basically got a 50/50 chance at free grub, as the Bulls are at 11 ‘Big Macs nights’ through their first 24 home games.

The Bulls are on pace to give away Big Macs 19 times this season – which would be a huge jump from the 14 times they did last season and the most since 2008-2009, when they did it 21 times.

UPDATED BULLS “BIG MACS GAMES” COUNT: 17 (Through 3/20)

But, seeing that the Bulls finish with 17 of their last 30 at home following this current road trip, they could easily quicken that pace. And thus, a chance to have the most “Big Mac games” since the ’96-97 squad had an absurd 28.

How many actual Big Macs would that equate to? Funny you ask. If the Bulls get to 20 “Big Macs games” by the end of the year, that would equal a cool 380,000 sandwiches according to the math provided in this Tribune article.

Yeah, that’s a lot of special sauce. Based on our research, you’ve got a hell of a chance at free McDonalds when you go to a game at the United Center. So, be sure to keep that in mind next time your buddy calls with free tickets from work…even if it’s the buddy that everybody hates.

After all, everybody loves free Big Macs.

Bear06

Liked Posts:

First off, if anyone wanted a Big Mac, it's Nick Friedell! There wasn't a lot of booing, and certainly, no one was booing out of spite, you've got to be kidding. It was nothing but some fun and disappointment for the fans.

It's nothing different than when fans chanted for Scalabrine at the end of games. Jimmy was in a position to hand the ball off to a hot Niko to shoot a 3 which would have absolutely sent the crowd into a frenzy.

It's no wonder they boo'd. I bet if you ask Jimmy after the game, he would have rather shot the ball, imo. This is about as an innocent case of booing I could imagine, and I'm a former player who hates fans that boo!

Well at least Mirotic/Butler saved some Bulls fans from clogged arteries. :lol:

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Well at least Mirotic/Butler saved some Bulls fans from clogged arteries. :lol:

LOL. I can't disagree with that. Maybe Jimmy can get them going on a free Kellogs breakfast. :)

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
why are we arguing about fans booing?

IMO they should actually cheer Nikola for saving them from eating that poison

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Overblown. It's PR for McDonald's. Not so much a story.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

The Bulls aren't struggling. In fact, this is the best team the Bulls have had since the Jordan era, according to Big Macs.
By Peter Hahn -
Feb 7, 2015

After a 22-10 mark in the first two months of the season, the Bulls are just 8-10 since New Year’s Day. They’ve struggled on defense, been incredibly inconsistent, and Tom Thibodeau’s job rumors probably aren’t going anywhere soon.

But if there’s one thing we know this Bulls team can do, it’s score the basketball. Which, of course, is always a good thing when the object of the game is to score more than the other team.

With the Bulls seemingly crossing the 100-point plateau every other night this season, I thought it had to be some sort of record. After all, we’ve been accustomed to the Bulls winning plenty of games with point totals in the high 80’s the last few seasons.

But thanks to the addition of Pau Gasol, Derrick Rose being relatively healthy and a breakout season for Jimmy Butler- the Bulls are scoring a lot more than we’re used to.​
As you can see, this season (101.9) is only the second since Michael Jordan left that the Bulls have been averaging triple digits a night. The last time – the 2008-2009 season – was Rose’s rookie year under Vinny Del Negro, when the Bulls had a ridiculous nine players in double figures en route to their final nightly average of 102.2.

Naturally, the Bulls’ scoring numbers at the United Center tell the same story – just on a slightly bigger scale. Which, if you’re talking about the Bulls’ Big Macs promotion, is all that really matters.
So far this season, the Bulls are pushing 105 points a night at the UC with an average of 103.5. And just like the first graph stated, 2008-2009 is the only other time they’ve been over 100 points per night at home since the Jordan era.

As we all know, the Bulls give a coupon for a free Big Mac to every fan in attendance each time the Bulls score 100 points and win. Welcome to Chicago.
Considering all these numbers, I began to wonder even more: how many times have the Bulls given away Big Macs this season?

This season, you’ve basically got a 50/50 chance at free grub, as the Bulls are at 11 ‘Big Macs nights’ through their first 24 home games.

The Bulls are on pace to give away Big Macs 19 times this season – which would be a huge jump from the 14 times they did last season and the most since 2008-2009, when they did it 21 times.

But, seeing that the Bulls finish with 17 of their last 30 at home following this current road trip, they could easily quicken that pace. And thus, a chance to have the most “Big Mac games” since the ’96-97 squad had an absurd 28.

How many actual Big Macs would that equate to? Funny you ask. If the Bulls get to 20 “Big Macs games” by the end of the year, that would equal a cool 380,000 sandwiches according to the math provided in this Tribune article.

Yeah, that’s a lot of special sauce. Based on our research, you’ve got a hell of a chance at free McDonalds when you go to a game at the United Center. So, be sure to keep that in mind next time your buddy calls with free tickets from work…even if it’s the buddy that everybody hates.

is there like a post of the year award I can nominate this for? lol loved this

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is where I disagree a little bit. Thib's does nothing for young players confidence, and this is a bothersome thing for me. McD would hit 3 shots and then miss one badly, and Thib's would immediately take him out. This does nothing for his confidence, imo. But it's playoff time, and time to move on from this.....

This is what you fail to grasp. You are so very wrong about Thibs and this notion that he does nothing for young players confidence. Here you have a team of which almost all of their players came out of the draft, sat, and EARNED their place on the Bulls team. Guys like Gibson, Butler, Snell, Noah, and Mirotic all sat, learned and earned their spurs so to speak. So spare us this sniveling about McDermott being unfairly treated and Thibs doing nothing for young player confidence. Some, all of the five mentioned are earning big bucks will earn a lot more money somehow surviving in Thibs unfair system.

IF McDermott makes it, he needs to work his ass off like the other guys have and if he does and has the talent, then he will be successful also.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
is there like a post of the year award I can nominate this for? lol loved this

all those graphs and charts over a free big mac is just funny

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

By Peter Hahn -
Feb 7, 2015

Without a doubt, this is one of the best posts ever in this forum.