Tom Thibodeau is the man for the job ...

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fun Fact: Dougie McBuckets is actually averaging more minutes per game than Jimmy Buckets did his rookie year.
g600616996.gif

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Billups is a lot like my Shawn Marion argument awhile back. Except, I ride and die with The Matrix.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Billups is a lot like my Shawn Marion argument awhile back. Except, I ride and die with The Matrix.
This is essentially Billups resume on paper:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wouldn't be surprised if Billups made the HOF. It seems like everyone makes the basketball HOF.

Also, fwiw, Basketball-reference has a HOF Probability thing. And according to them, he has an 84% chance of making it.... which is much higher than other guys who are already in.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be surprised if Billups made the HOF. It seems like everyone makes the basketball HOF.

Also, fwiw, Basketball-reference has a HOF Probability thing. And according to them, he has an 84% chance of making it.... which is much higher than other guys who are already in.
I'll just post my Kramer gif again
g600616996.gif

Reactions: BNB

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was kind of surprised to see it that high too. I guess winning the finals + the finals MVP holds a lot of weight to them.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was kind of surprised to see it that high too. I guess winning the finals + the finals MVP holds a lot of weight to them.
Well every Finals MVP winner has made the HOF except Cedric Maxwell. Maxwell was never even an All-Star in a season though.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Go figure, playing well in the finals and actually winning it is important after all. :dunno:

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Well of course the injuries haven't helped Thibs but this year with all the talent that they assembled and him still playing certain players pretty heavy minutes and not playing some of the younger players more so that they can develop faster and possibly better.

Mirotic has been a huge blessing.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well of course the injuries haven't helped Thibs but this year with all the talent that they assembled and him still playing certain players pretty heavy minutes and not playing some of the younger players more so that they can develop faster and possibly better.

Mirotic has been a huge blessing.

All of what talent did they assemble for him? This team certainly was not his best team talent wise during his term in Chicago. His bench was a weak one in the back court and still is. And what players were played heavy minutes? Hell, most of them were on the injured reserved list a lot of the time. Also, what young players should have been played more minutes so that they could develop faster and better? McDermott you might make a case for but who else?

I think that too often fans get sucked in with some in the media who do not like Thibs and blame him for injuries. Personally, I think that it is a load of crap.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Chauncey Billups in the HOF? What a freeking joke that would be.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
All of what talent did they assemble for him? This team certainly was not his best team talent wise during his term in Chicago. His bench was a weak one in the back court and still is. And what players were played heavy minutes? Hell, most of them were on the injured reserved list a lot of the time. Also, what young players should have been played more minutes so that they could develop faster and better? McDermott you might make a case for but who else?

I think that too often fans get sucked in with some in the media who do not like Thibs and blame him for injuries. Personally, I think that it is a load of crap.

2367d1370822434-wii-u-had-visible-boost-sales-calm-puppy-meme-generator-woah-you-need-calm-down-be66a7.jpg

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Come-on. I asked a decent question. Do you have an decent answer? I am a Thibs supporter. I think that he is a very good coach. I do not think that he was given a great amount of talent this season to work with in the back court. I was on record from the beginning of the season about this. So now, some people claim that Thibs should be fired and cite his team's performance in the play-offs. I say that despite his bosses failure to provide a decent back court for this team, that this team could very well advance to the eastern conference finals and that happens in great measure because of the emergence of Mirotic and the coaching skills of Thibs.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Come-on. I asked a decent question. Do you have an decent answer? I am a Thibs supporter. I think that he is a very good coach. I do not think that he was given a great amount of talent this season to work with in the back court. I was on record from the beginning of the season about this. So now, some people claim that Thibs should be fired and cite his team's performance in the play-offs. I say that despite his bosses failure to provide a decent back court for this team, that this team could very well advance to the eastern conference finals and that happens in great measure because of the emergence of Mirotic and the coaching skills of Thibs.

So you don't think this team was as talented as others made them out to be and by back court I guess you mean the backups?

I would have rather kept DJ because of his scoring and playmaking off the bench but Brooks isn't no slouch.

Liked Posts:
I used to think the same way, man. But, imo, Thib's has been out coached many times this year, and has had his team under performing against lousy teams all year. We're coming into the playoff push, and I will try to remain positive as I am a Bulls die hard. I'm rooting for Thib's and the Bulls as much as anyone here, but I'm also expecting more than mediocre showing in the playoffs as well.

Thibs isn't perfect. I agree that he's stubborn and it's been a problem. But his stubbornness is also partly why he's good. Thibs tends to get overpenalized. Why? Because he had Rose and didn't have LeBron? Because he overuses players? Whatever criticism you come up with, it's probably all of the above but he's still one of the best regardless. And you can talk about players tuning him out all you want but great coaches have longer shelf lives, at least typically, than players. Also, if the organization backs the coach, it's not as easy to tune him out.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i think the best bet is to let Thibodeau coach out his contract and reevaluate the situation then

if at that time if they mutually agree they aren't on the same page then you go your separate ways...also by then we'll be transitioning to a new younger core and i believe they will be more receptive to a new coach

all i hope is Jimmy Butler survives the next 2 years

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you don't think this team was as talented as others made them out to be and by back court I guess you mean the backups?

I would have rather kept DJ because of his scoring and playmaking off the bench but Brooks isn't no slouch.

I mean the entire back-court as a group. Rose, Butler, Snell, Moore, Brooks, Hinrich. IF one is a realist, the only all-star guy in the bunch was Butler. I dismiss Rose because they should have planned better(they being Paxson) in the case that Rose would be injured significantly once more. They didn't and they got hurt by it. SO that leaves guys like Moore, Snell, Brooks, and Hinrich. OF them, I can only give Brooks an above average NBA player rating. Hinrich is one of the worst guards in the league, Moore hardly has played and Snell is a developing player.

So...... that backcourt, as a group, is not a good one. Certainly not a group to win a championship with. ANd that is on Gar/Pax as failed management.