Tom Thibodeau is the man for the job ...

Noshayah DaMuzikbox

Liked Posts:
I'm so tired of people in the media constantly trying bring up "stuff" about Tom Thibodeau and Gar/Pax... trying to force a divorce between the parties, therefore destroying the best chance the team has at winning Championship #7. Tom Thibs has been weathering storm after storm; his team loses key players to injuries just like any other team, but it really "seems" like there is some kind of agenda to get him out. Why?

Let's just enjoy the ride. Let's just support the team, and the Coach... no one can color the facts!!! I'm looking to enjoy this ride, I hope everyone else is to!

I'm a true Bulls fan, and I find many ways to support as best I can; so I made this one for everyone, especially in Chicago (no agenda) Just trying to support my team!

"Quest For The 7th Ring"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdQGG7X8UiU

Go Bulls. #SeeRed #GoBulls

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I used to think the same way, man. But, imo, Thib's has been out coached many times this year, and has had his team under performing against lousy teams all year. We're coming into the playoff push, and I will try to remain positive as I am a Bulls die hard. I'm rooting for Thib's and the Bulls as much as anyone here, but I'm also expecting more than mediocre showing in the playoffs as well.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Sometimes a certain coach can only you take so far and maybe with Thibs his time has come and gone with the Bulls.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
this team isn't winning a championship no matter who is coaching IMHO

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Sometimes a certain coach can only you take so far and maybe with Thibs his time has come and gone with the Bulls.

Exactly, this is my biggest concern with Thib's. People call me crazy for thinking this way, but I've seen it before many times.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Exactly, this is my biggest concern with Thib's. People call me crazy for thinking this way, but I've seen it before many times.

I do think Thibs will probably end up staying because there isn't really any coaches better than him at the moment but I wouldn't be surprise if him and the FO have a mutual understanding and just part ways with each other.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Oh bull crap. The Bulls lost because of injuries to their best players not due to any perceived failure of a coach to win a championship because of his own inadequacy. To believe something like that is inane and not based on anything factual. No coach, I repeat, NO COACH could have won the NBA championship with those Bulls teams missing their best players.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Not even if Hoiberg is the coach? :troll:

nope not even with Hoiberg

however i love the future outlook with him as a coach...as everybody knows im a offense guy so i'd love to see a offensive coach take over the reigns for the next Bulls era

Choisauce

Liked Posts:

Right....and in the championship run with Thibs, Rose was healthy.

All the other times Bulls STILL made the playoffs and failed to win the championship....please name me the players on that roster who could compete with the likes of LeBron/Tim DUncan, Tony Parker, Manu/KD & westbrook? People expect the bulls to win championships with average players LOL, in the nba, LOL

Coaches can only do so much, they still need playmakers. So to base Thibs on "failed" attempts at a championship is asinine because Rose was injured, and his new contract put the team in a shitty situation FA wise to acquire any above average players. Boozer was ass and Noah was good defensively, but not good enough to take over games offensively.

Whether you like it or not, Rose is a key factor for the bulls winning a championship. When that man is on the court you have a chance to win vs any team. He's a special talent. With the emergence of Butler's offensive game, we might not have to lean on Rose so much down the stretch, but dont think the bulls are better off without Rose or Thibs

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
nope not even with Hoiberg

however i love the future outlook with him as a coach...as everybody knows im a offense guy so i'd love to see a offensive coach take over the reigns for the next Bulls era
Prepare for 2005-2008 Phoenix Suns disappointment over and over again.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If a coach could win the title with Luol Deng as the primary offensive option, or even better yet, Nate Robinson or DJ Augustin, that coach is truly the best coach we've ever seen.

Choisauce

Liked Posts:
If a coach could win the title with Luol Deng as the primary offensive option, or even better yet, Nate Robinson or DJ Augustin, that coach is truly the best coach we've ever seen.

would have to go down as the GOAT haha. The only team i could think of that won a championship with "average" players would be the pistons in the early 2000s with rip hamilton, chaunce billups, ben wallace, tyshaun prince (i just misspelled everyone's names lol)

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
would have to go down as the GOAT haha. The only team i could think of that won a championship with "average" players would be the pistons in the early 2000s with rip hamilton, chaunce billups, ben wallace, tyshaun prince (i just misspelled everyone's names lol)
2004 Pistons and probably the 78-79 Seattle Sonics are the weakest champions as far as talent go.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol and they weren't even average...all those guys were above average in one way or another. Ben Wallace was an elite defensive player (6'9" and could do decent against Shaq? da heck?), Rasheed Wallace was extremely talented (and probably the piece that pushed them over the edge that year), Billups was really clutch for them, Rip was a legit 20ppg scorer on the same floppy action screens over and over again. Prince was a good 3&D type of player for them. Their bench was really nothing special...I think their starters were playing dang near 40 minutes each.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol and they weren't even average...all those guys were above average in one way or another. Ben Wallace was an elite defensive player (6'9" and could do decent against Shaq? da heck?), Rasheed Wallace was extremely talented (and probably the piece that pushed them over the edge that year), Billups was really clutch for them, Rip was a legit 20ppg scorer on the same floppy action screens over and over again. Prince was a good 3&D type of player for them. Their bench was really nothing special...I think their starters were playing dang near 40 minutes each.
Yep. They had a well rounded team with some talented players, but they lacked any HOF or Superstar (unless Wallace is HOF material, I don't view him as such).

That 1979 Sonics team that wasn't that good still had a HOF'er in Dennis Johnson.

Hell most NBA Finals teams contain at least one eventual Hall-of-Famer.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You keep saying this, but I really need you to qualify what you mean. Hoiberg is a smart offensive mind...in the college game. Yes, he runs an NBA system...in college. Case in point; Hoiberg runs a slice cut with his off guard to the weak side, just like Thibs does with Butler. Hoiberg runs double screens off the baseline to get a shooter open, just like Thibs does with Dunleavy. Hoiberg runs a pick and roll at the top of the key, just like 30 NBA coaches. Hoiberg has even shown some basic triangle sets in his offense, just like 2/3rds of the NBA, including Thibs.

So I'm a little confused what innovative offensive coaching he's going to bring. Unless you think making his team abstain from shooting long 2's is some kind of amazing offensive thought....well then you might want to look up Darrell Morey.

Scoot is correct, the Bulls would be the D'Antoni Phoenix Suns. They will be fun to watch, I'll say that.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You keep saying this, but I really need you to qualify what you mean. Hoiberg is a smart offensive mind...in the college game. Yes, he runs an NBA system...in college. Case in point; Hoiberg runs a slice cut with his off guard to the weak side, just like Thibs does with Butler. Hoiberg runs double screens off the baseline to get a shooter open, just like Thibs does with Dunleavy. Hoiberg runs a pick and roll at the top of the key, just like 30 NBA coaches. Hoiberg has even shown some basic triangle sets in his offense, just like 2/3rds of the NBA, including Thibs.

So I'm a little confused what innovative offensive coaching he's going to bring. Unless you think making his team abstain from shooting long 2's is some kind of amazing offensive thought....well then you might want to look up Darrell Morey.

Scoot is correct, the Bulls would be the D'Antoni Phoenix Suns. They will be fun to watch, I'll say that.
Which if you don't care about winning titles, then more power to you.

I care more about winning titles than having a flashy offensive scheme.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Now, none of what I said should be taken as an endorsement of Thibs' performance. Nor should it be taken as some kind of indictment. I'm pretty in between on the guy right now. On the one hand, there are not many coaches in this league that can do what he has done given the situation. Yes, it could easily be shown that what he does may have contributed to the situation. Frankly, all of those involved have fucked up. GarPax's almost eagerness to do anything to undermine Thibs, and Thibs' reluctance to manage minutes effectively are all problems. Both sides are pretty big shitheads, imo.

That being said, knowing the history of the Reinsdorf family, I don't see how GarPax are let go. And honestly, the Bulls are in win-now mode. They have the roster to do it, and if Thibs can't deliver a title this year, they are well within their rights to fire him. I think it's the wrong move, but it's a move they are allowed to make.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Now, none of what I said should be taken as an endorsement of Thibs' performance. Nor should it be taken as some kind of indictment. I'm pretty in between on the guy right now. On the one hand, there are not many coaches in this league that can do what he has done given the situation. Yes, it could easily be shown that what he does may have contributed to the situation. Frankly, all of those involved have fucked up. GarPax's almost eagerness to do anything to undermine Thibs, and Thibs' reluctance to manage minutes effectively are all problems. Both sides are pretty big shitheads, imo.

That being said, knowing the history of the Reinsdorf family, I don't see how GarPax are let go. And honestly, the Bulls are in win-now mode. They have the roster to do it, and if Thibs can't deliver a title this year, they are well within their rights to fire him. I think it's the wrong move, but it's a move they are allowed to make.
Agree 100%. I'm not for the firing of Thibs, but at some point management is going to just simply say "this guy can't get it done" despite the hand that's been handed him the last 3 years with the injuries. The results are still a very poor playoff performance.