Wellington Castillo

chibears55

Liked Posts:
As much as I would like to keep Castillo, I read this morning there were a number of teams interested in him, the Orioles being one of them..

I was wondering who the teams were and if such deal could bring in an upgrade in the rotation over Jackson and Wood...

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
As much as I would like to keep Castillo, I read this morning there were a number of teams interested in him, the Orioles being one of them..

I was wondering who the teams were and if such deal could bring in an upgrade in the rotation over Jackson and Wood...

One would hope, but the thought was that Wood and Castillo would be a package deal and now it looks like Cubs feel they have to hang on to Wood for now. The elephant in the room for all this is that Jacob Turner really did turn things around this spring prior to his injury supposedly finding a new arm slot and picking up almost 4 mph on his fastball from last season (92-96) which could be huge. Most felt he had the 5th starter job locked up until the injury. If he looks good in his rehab in mid to late April there will be a big decision to make and Turner has no options so actually the injury is almost a blessing in disguise while they figure out what to do with Wood. The question is do you want another low risk-high reward guy back for Castillo to muddy that picture? It's going to be interesting.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Well, if the Cubs do intend to move him eventually, he sure is helping his value for the Cubs. :yep: Gotta Love that!

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I'd settle for a bag of balls.

The guys a bum. Trade him if someone really wants him.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

@BleacherNation: Cubs Reportedly Looking for Pitching, Could Try to Get it for Welington Castillo http://www.bleachernation.com/2015/...g-could-try-to-get-it-for-welington-castillo/ pic.twitter.com/Bye47YaYk5

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@TheCCO: Report: #Cubs, #Orioles Discussed a Welington Castillo for Brian Matusz Swap bit.ly/1H9hZIm #MLB

Pepe Silvia

Where's my mail?
Liked Posts:
I'd be fine with this. At this point, getting a decent lefty out of the pen might be the most we're going to get for him.