The Bears are going to be good this year

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
The Lions' DL downgraded and that is/was the strength of their team.

The Vikings might be better than them if AP is back and Bridgewater keeps getting better. I think he might be pretty legit.

I think the Vikings will be in the playoffs for 2016, maybe 2015. I think Bridgewater is going to be good and they should have a good defense.

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
We get a couple mediocre free agents and we're going to be great... the Lions lose a player and replace him with a similar player(btw, a player still better than anybody on our defense) and we are suddenly better than them? You guys need PFF, the Lions still have an amazing LB corp, and one of the best safety tandems in all the league. They also have a good stable of DEs. They have 1 very good young CB, and one very good old one with a fountain of youth, both their outside CBs were top 15. Their safeties BOTH top 5 guys. We have nothing that can compete with that, not close. Fairley was shit, he is easily replaced, I don't understand the hype for that guy.. his draft slot? Lions fans hated him and wanted him off the team, and their FO didn't even try to keep him, and he signed for cheap somewhere else. He is always either fat for injured, he only really ever played like 30 snaps a year, he's so out of shape, smokes and all that, he takes plays off. The guy they signed Walker(who I wish we got) last season had about equal production according to PFF as Fairley at his best, and that was Walker playing out of position in a 3-4. He is much better suited to the Lions 4-3, which is why he chose the Lions. Their O only sucked because of OL injuries that plagued them all season, the previous season they had the 3rd best OL. They had a top unit for years before last season it fell to injury. If their defense stays close to the same(I think it will) and their O returns to anywhere close to what it was, they'll have a very good team. Btw, for the 2nd half of the season last year their other DT beside Suh was CJ Mosley, who completely sucks, yet their D was still very good. They could upgrade from CJ Mosley a lot, and Ngata is only a slight step down from Suh, overall they'll be just as good there. Suh is a great DT(overrated too btw), but I was actually hoping the Lions would be stupid enough to sign him to a monster contract for elite QB money. It would of hurt their franchise for years. There in much better shape now, and going forward they will be able to get multiple good players in his stead, and get even more production for the money. Paying Ngata less than half that of Suh, for 90% the production was a big net win for them.

The Vikings also will easily have a better D than us, I'm not sold on their offense though.

We won't be competing for shit this season, even if we do draft lights out. We are to far behind. 2017 at the earliest before we have any chance at competing for the division. Even if their coaching sucked, there's two teams in the division that could pound us on talent alone.

Liked Posts:
If we add a FA OL and draft well, and stay pretty healthy, I don't have a doubt in my mind we will be 8-8 and possibly 10-6. However, that's a lot of 'ifs'.

Liked Posts:
This is incorrect. They will be dominant from day one. Fangio doesn't fuck around, Mr Winman (if that's even your real name). You mess with him and he'll send the fellas round to your house.

And his last name ends in a vowel so these are not the kind of fellas you want coming over. Capiche?

I like the Fangio signing a lot, probably my favorite signing of the offseason, player or coach. What worries me is whether or not he'll be around for a couple of years or not. If he turns the Bears defense around after the horrendous past two seasons, I can't see him not getting offers for a HC gig.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm worried about both the Bears coordinators leaving for HC positions.

Gase, yes. He probably should have been one this year but his love for Cutler brought him here. Fangio never seems to gather much HC love. I neverhear his name being mentioned as a potential HC

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Gase, yes. He probably should have been one this year but his love for Cutler brought him here. Fangio never seems to gather much HC love. I neverhear his name being mentioned as a potential HC

This. Despite the job he has done he has been passed on for opportunities in the past and hopefully that continues because I am excited about having one of the best in the game call our defensive plays.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We get a couple mediocre free agents and we're going to be great... the Lions lose a player and replace him with a similar player(btw, a player still better than anybody on our defense) and we are suddenly better than them? You guys need PFF, the Lions still have an amazing LB corp, and one of the best safety tandems in all the league. They also have a good stable of DEs. They have 1 very good young CB, and one very good old one with a fountain of youth, both their outside CBs were top 15. Their safeties BOTH top 5 guys. We have nothing that can QUOTE]

When did the lions get a good safety and LB tandem? When did they replace suh with a similar player? When did this happen? Where have I been?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Packers

Lions
Bears
Vikings

is how i see it right now, but i think we can beat the Lions. depends on the draft, really, and if these FAs don't suck.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like the Fangio signing a lot, probably my favorite signing of the offseason, player or coach. What worries me is whether or not he'll be around for a couple of years or not. If he turns the Bears defense around after the horrendous past two seasons, I can't see him not getting offers for a HC gig.

After the SB win, sure.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Ngata is getting long in the tooth and is not the player Suh is. That will hurt the Lions defense.

Stafford is no better than Cutler.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears finish 2nd in the division. But predictions are worthless albeit fun.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah, its weird. But now he is out from Harbaugh's shadow now and if he turns the bears D around, who knows.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Packers

Lions
Bears
Vikings

is how i see it right now, but i think we can beat the Lions. depends on the draft, really, and if these FAs don't suck.

Lol at the Bear nipping at the Lions heels, lol.

Welcome to meatball land, where the fact that we just lost the best player on our offense, we don't have a starting NFL level C or RT, our RB is getting old and looked old down the stretch last yr and are still trotting out Jay "TO MACHINE" Cuntler matters not. We signed some dudes that PFF likes in single yr samples, so lets get the parade route clear!!!!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol at the Bear nipping at the Lions heels, lol.

Welcome to meatball land, where the fact that we just lost the best player on our offense, we don't have a starting NFL level C or RT, our RB is getting old and looked old down the stretch last yr and are still trotting out Jay "TO MACHINE" Cuntler matters not. We signed some dudes that PFF likes in single yr samples, so lets get the parade route clear!!!!
Who said anything about a parade? He picked us 3rd in the division lol. The lions lost the best 4-3 DT in football and their line is the heart of their team. There's not going to be a huge gulf overall between the bears, lions and Vikings this year.

Liked Posts:
Yeah, its weird. But now he is out from Harbaugh's shadow now and if he turns the bears D around, who knows.

Plus he recently turned around a defense in a totally different market. If Fangio turns around a defense like Chicago's that hit a historical low, in a market that's been hinged on defense for years he's going to garner some attention for it.

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
Who said anything about a parade? He picked us 3rd in the division lol. The lions lost the best 4-3 DT in football and their line is the heart of their team. There's not going to be a huge gulf overall between the bears, lions and Vikings this year.

Arguably the best 4-3 DT. I don't know what people aren't understanding about this, but paying Suh elite QB money would of been a huge net loss for the Lions. Suh has been overvalued just because he was hitting FA, the Lions defense was terrible even with Suh for years. His 8 sacks a year and 50 tackles aren't going to be enough to satisfy Dolphin fans he was a good signing. It was proven over years that he can't make a defense good by himself, even with solid players around him.

Another thing people refuse to look at, is that while Suh is a great DT, he had a completely shitty DT next to him and their defense was still one of the very best in the league. Now if Ngata is 85% as good as Suh(for well under half the price-thats a big win for the Lions)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm worried about both the Bears coordinators leaving for HC positions.

I'm more worried that the two coordinators are not worth a shit:)