dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
How quickly the fan morale goes up after a couple of free agent signings.

Super Bowl here we come.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Nothing wrong with some optimism OP. Its the NFL, anything could happen.

While I am hopeful in my expectation, I am a little more timid in my predictions.

1). Loss of Marshall. While this may be a locker room boost, we are going to have to count on a rookie WR to be a #2.
2). New system. While I am sure Fox and Fangio will do a great job coaching, all the pieces to the puzzle just aren't present. They will coach around this as best they can, but there is no replacement for talent. The McDonald signing is more of a "we don't have a DE" statement than anything..
3). While I expect to see a vast improvement on the defensive side of the ball, on offense, we have an aging OL and an aging line. Injuries to any of these positions will be tough to overcome. Kadeem Carey is not proven.

I expect to see a much better defense and an idea of things to come. On offense, this team is likely in a holding pattern.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Here comes that optimistic April! The NFC North has a tough looking schedule on paper, meaning most likely only the division winner will go the playoffs. With our lack of quality depth right now we would need a lot of things to go our way, but even the Jaguars have hope right now.

meangreek

Liked Posts:
Nothing wrong with some optimism OP. Its the NFL, anything could happen.

While I am hopeful in my expectation, I am a little more timid in my predictions.

1). Loss of Marshall. While this may be a locker room boost, we are going to have to count on a rookie WR to be a #2.
2). New system. While I am sure Fox and Fangio will do a great job coaching, all the pieces to the puzzle just aren't present. They will coach around this as best they can, but there is no replacement for talent. The McDonald signing is more of a "we don't have a DE" statement than anything..
3). While I expect to see a vast improvement on the defensive side of the ball, on offense, we have an aging OL and an aging line. Injuries to any of these positions will be tough to overcome. Kadeem Carey is not proven.

I expect to see a much better defense and an idea of things to come. On offense, this team is likely in a holding pattern.

All I can hear in my head is Mcmaskey telling Mcinjuried we dont have to win the whole thing, just be competitive.

We still have TO BEAT GB, DET AND MIN.
HOW BAD WAS CUTLER LAST YEAR?
WE NEED 2 DRAFTS OF PLAYERS BEING LEGIT NFL PLAYERS TO TURN THIS THING AROUND

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No way you can switch to a 3-4, replace as of right now 5 starters and expect to see a huge improvement right off the bat. By midseason, yes.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Yeah, we say this every year. How long until the posts about how the Bears will dominate GB this year?

While this is true, when is the last time we had a coaching staff this good???

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No way you can switch to a 3-4, replace as of right now 5 starters and expect to see a huge improvement right off the bat. By midseason, yes.

I somewhat agree with this.

8 wins is not enough to make the playoffs and by midseason that's all they're going to have.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Maybe if your starting point is an average defense, which clearly is not the case.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For real.

Pace doesn't sign McDonald if he thinks the team is going through a rebuild and won't be competing seriously in 2015. It wouldn't make sense.

The way some people thought this offseason was going to happen based on the rebuild assumption hasn't been the case. Pace and Fox think they can win now.

I have a feeling the 2015 Bears are going to show us exactly how bad Trestman and especially Tucker really were.

i-dont-aleays-drink-the-koolaid-but-when-i-do-i-drink-from-a-fire-hose.jpg

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
What good is 1st round exit in playoffs. I want a superbowl. Be bad bears, let's get high draft picks!!!!

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
meh...we'll see.....I certainly think the defense will be better. The offense will hinge on being able to run the ball.....I have my doubts.
Yep, I'm not setting myself up for more letdowns..8-8 maybe 9-7 this year is progress in my opinion...