The Bears are going to be good this year

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I really wish you didn't create this thread. So many people were gonna get excited when we turn out to be good. But now they might get their hopes up thinking Superbowl.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
too early still for predictions until we see the rest of FA and the draft...but what they have done so far is encouraging for sure

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Is Ray McDonald a good player or just a player who abused Jordan Mills all game long during week two which by Bears fan logic makes him a Pro Bowl caliber player ala the greatest TE Jermichael Finely.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Is Ray McDonald a good player or just a player who abused Jordan Mills all game long during week two which by Bears fan logic makes him a Pro Bowl caliber player ala the greatest TE Jermichael Finely.

hes a legit solid player who fills a large need for the bears on top of it

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
seems-legit.jpg

Same shit every year... "This is the year! All these roster moves are great! This is the coaching staff that will finally fix Jay and unlock his true potential!! Blah blah blah"...

Pace's roster moves are cool and all but don't amount to jack shit honestly. The Bears always look promising on paper in the offseason. Then week 1 comes and it's the same old story with the same dumb mistakes with the QB throwing the football right into the gut of a DT like he somehow didn't see the 300lb huge lineman directly in front of his throwing lane...

So yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I couldn't agree more Mick. I have real faith in pace and the coaching staff for once. I am optimistic for this season, more so than last year.
J Fox is so damn refreshing over Trestman. I don't think many of us have a full grasp just how bad Trestman was as head coach. I have never seen a team just lay down and quit as noticeable as the Bears did last season, especially with all the leaks.

Unreal.

And fuck you Emery.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
J Fox is so damn refreshing over Trestman. I don't think many of us have a full grasp just how bad Trestman was as head coach. I have never seen a team just lay down and quit as noticeable as the Bears did last season, especially with all the leaks.

Unreal.

And fuck you Emery.

emery made some questionable decisions for sure but hes also the reason guys like Jeffery, long, fuller, and Bennett are bears

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I hope you guys are right and that the defense starts clicking right away, my concern is the offense. I hope it doesn't get neglected because of the focus on the defense, there is still a lot of talent on the offense so I hope we get surprises on both sides of the ball this year

It looks like we have competent coordinators on both sides of the ball...so i think we're headed in the right direction.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think we'll be better. Not like that's saying much, really. I could see the Bears being a kind of middle of the road type of team. Maybe even better. I think free agency has gone well, and I can guarantee that Fangio is excited about free agency.

If we're a run-heavy team with a strong defense, we could compete for a playoff spot. I have always felt like Cutler can be halfway decent when he's not expected to carry the team. We'll see!

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I like the optimism and I have always like Fox and think Pace could be very good. But it is hard for me to share the same optimism as you mick. I hope this isn't a rebuild and Fox can turn things around for this team sooner rather than later. I am just not getting my hopes up to high because the team has a new set of coaches and switching defensive schemes from 4-3 to Fangio's 3-4 (more of a hybrid from what I have read). The turnaround will hinge on the defense and who is the leader of that group? McPhee is the only one that stands out to me. There have been some nice FA pickups but none that I can say "this player is going to take the defense to the next level". If that defense can finish the season ranked between 10-15 I will think we got the greatest steal of the offseason with Fangio.

As much as the defense is a concern the offense worries me too. No matter ones personal opinion of Marshall, losing him hurt the offense...him, Jeffery, and Bennett were matchup nightmares and the injuries Marshall and Jeffery dealt with all season contributed a lot to the team being one dimensional. Add in the lack of depth the o-line has, it makes me feel that the offense has its own set of issues that need to be factored in. So for us to see a significant turnaround the defense is going to have to exceed expectations and the offense is going to have to stay healthy.

I want to be optimistic and I want to feel that last season was a fluke and we can see a dramatic turnaround this season. I just want to give Fox and Pace a couple years before I start saying they will be good. Maybe this feeling has to do with how last season went after I was very optimistic going into the season.

WarLax

Liked Posts:
seems-legit.jpg

Same shit every year... "This is the year! All these roster moves are great! This is the coaching staff that will finally fix Jay and unlock his true potential!! Blah blah blah"...

Pace's roster moves are cool and all but don't amount to jack shit honestly. The Bears always look promising on paper in the offseason. Then week 1 comes and it's the same old story with the same dumb mistakes with the QB throwing the football right into the gut of a DT like he somehow didn't see the 300lb huge lineman directly in front of his throwing lane...

So yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

dduckrage.gif

Liked Posts:
I think it's certainly possible this team is better than next year and maybe even a playoff team. I think next year is more plausible though.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Yeah, we say this every year. How long until the posts about how the Bears will dominate GB this year?

Right now, mofo! The Bears are going to dominate GB this year!!! Kiss my ass, puke green and piss yellow!!! AAAAARGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

chitown2387

Liked Posts:
I think it's certainly possible this team is better than next year and maybe even a playoff team. I think next year is more plausible though.

I agree. I think we win 7 or 8 games this year. We still need to work on the secondary.

It's too bad we switched to a 3-4 because Willie Young was really showing some promise last year.

smilebit

Liked Posts:
It looks like we have competent coordinators on both sides of the ball...so i think we're headed in the right direction.

yeah, with all this talk about switching to a 3-4, it makes sense that the focus will mainly be on defense but I haven't heard much on what they plan on doing on the O. I just hate these extremes, focus on one side and neglect the other. I'll take a wait and see approach to this season. I'll be ecstatic with a defense that can stop 3rd and 20+ yards and an offense that doesn't go 3 and out o on almost every down

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
With Pace and Fox at the helm, the Bears will be the best team in league over the period of 2015-2020.

That's not to say they'll win the Superbowl every year, but in 2020 you'll be able to look back over the last five years and say the Bears were the best overall team.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'll be ecstatic with a defense that can stop 3rd and 20+ yards and an offense that doesn't go 3 and out o on almost every down

you can't go three and out on every down. It requires at least three downs to do that.

chitown2387

Liked Posts:

I agree. I think we win 7 or 8 games this year. We still need to work on the secondary.

It's too bad we switched to a 3-4 because Willie Young was really showing some promise last year.