Saad

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I call Kaner!

What, you can shoot GoPro commercials but you can't play hockey? Bolshevism!

I call all the ex-players that I want to come back to the team so I can make callout threads for them. First up, Bollig.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In all seiousness though, Saad slumping helps the 'hawks, contractually. It's more argument for a bridger deal and the less AAV on said bridge deal.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Fuckin' meatballs. :smh:

Maybe he figures that since he's reached the 20-goal plateau he's set contract-wise and can coast from here on out?

Are optional practices common throughout the rest of the league? Doesn't everybody show up for them anyway?

I'm sure optional practices are common, but it sure as hell seems like the Hawks very rarely have MANDATORY practice.

No, everybody doesn't show up for them. I actually saw something on twitter a couple weeks back where a reporter was at Johnny's Icehouse for an optional practice and not a single player or coach was there. A handful of guys showed up 30-40 minutes late.

It sure doesn't look like this team practices much to me. I also like how Toews mentioned after the game that he was playing with TT on his wing in the morning, and come game time TT was scratched and Shaw was playing with him...

TCD

Liked Posts:
Fuckin' meatballs. :smh:

Maybe he figures that since he's reached the 20-goal plateau he's set contract-wise and can coast from here on out?

Are optional practices common throughout the rest of the league? Doesn't everybody show up for them anyway?

i love how the 20 goal mark in the nhl now is the old 30 goal mark. everyone and their dog who hits 20 goals seems to get an automatic 2 million dollar bonus. Come seasons end there will probably be around 110 players with 20 goals or more many playing less games that Saad and playing on lower lines with less talent. Including guys like Frolik, Brouwer, Pirri. All guys Hawks fans had no problems shipping out (and yes i know why they were shipped out so other people can save that cap hit shit thats not the point here). Yet Saad is some kind of fucking god because he can hit the 20 goal mark with some fans and beat writers etc.

Bullshit. The Hawks blinders are well worn by a lot of people...mostly those who have no fucking idea what is going on outside of Hawks land when it comes to the NHL.

Like I said many times. I like Saad I LOVE saad when he plays to his strengths. But his inconsistency is frustrating. And it's not just NOW and ONLY when the rest of the team is struggling. It happens throughout the season and playoffs every year so far no matter how well the rest of the team is playing (so people can save that current excuse also and look at the bigger picture for once with this fucking guy instead of always trying to use excuses). I have given him passes in the past due to his age and YES he is still young so he still gets some passes but those are running thin. He hasn't lived up to his hype yet that was placed on him...sometimes unfairly.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe it's time we got one of those black guys I'm always hearing about? African-Americans, I think they're called?

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
My Grandpa just used to call them all "******s". Probably to avoid embarrassing situations like this one.

Judging by the auto-filter, I'm guessing that's probably not the preferred nomenclature.

Personally, I prefer Blacknadians.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Buff is the only real 'merican African American to win the cup

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
In a game vs a physical Winnipeg team, pay close attention to how many times Saad avoids hits, the boards or any chance to take/make a hit

This is why TCD is spot on about this fake player

Variable

Liked Posts:
Thankfully they have an entire Rockford team full of Saads that can be called up at any moment to take his spot.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
And there is Saad, not wanting to get hit to get the puck out....goal for Winnipeg

Maybe a different coach can get him to not be afraid

TCD

Liked Posts:
Saad needs to be big tonight against the Blues or else I am going to complain more!!

Let that be a warning Mr. Saad!!

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Saad was third on the team with 16 points in 19 playoff games last year.

But let me guess, only because he was skating with Kane, right?

What have you done for me lately?