Front Office and Coach ratings, per ESPN

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Kinda interesting, wondered what kinda reactions this would get. Bull have 5th best coach and 9th Front Office.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12561256/2015-front-office-rankings-top-coaches

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12541459/nba-front-office-rankings-2015

It looks like Golden State is the hearthrob team. Also don't understand how Miami's FO is three, maybe just respect for Pat Riley. I wonder if this is any indication of how COY voting will go. Its got to be between Kerr and whoever Atlanta's coach is.

Anyways this is more Pro-Thibs material, felt this board could use it.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bulls are only ranked 9th due to the supposed feud between Thibs and GarPax. They were ranked 5th last year and arguably from a player standpoint they vastly improved the team this season.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kinda interesting, wondered what kinda reactions this would get. Bull have 5th best coach and 9th Front Office.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12561256/2015-front-office-rankings-top-coaches

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12541459/nba-front-office-rankings-2015

It looks like Golden State is the hearthrob team. Also don't understand how Miami's FO is three, maybe just respect for Pat Riley. I wonder if this is any indication of how COY voting will go. Its got to be between Kerr and whoever Atlanta's coach is.

Anyways this is more Pro-Thibs material, felt this board could use it.
Miami has a pretty solid FO. Trading for Dragic may have solidified their making the playoffs, especially considering Bosh's injury. They're quite the shrewd FO, though much of that may be Riley.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Dragic was a smart pickup, weird they got his brother. Its gotta be a strange dynamic. Didnt the Blackhawks have toews and his Lil bro?

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
I don't even know what to say in regards to how the Bulls front office has been treating Thibs. It's one of those things that make you shake your head, then walk away in disgust.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't even know what to say in regards to how the Bulls front office has been treating Thibs. It's one of those things that make you shake your head, then walk away in disgust.
This is what KC Johnson said about it today:

Both sides have managed tension and conflict all season. This doesn’t negatively affect the daily workings of the Bulls, as their current third seed and optimism heading into the playoffs attests. Thibodeau and Gar Forman talk if not daily, darn near close to it. They even -- gasp! -- laugh together sometimes.

It’s beyond repair in the sense that both sides are tired of the struggle. Too much distrust has built up over time and too much philosophical conflict has worn down long-term harmony that it won’t be a Jerry Sloan-type situation with the Jazz. This is why talk of Thibodeau definitely being gone after this season is premature. Nothing has been definitively determined. If you’re asking me to guess, I still guess he is coaching elsewhere next season. And this is another moment to stress that the relationship has broken down in both directions, meaning Thibodeau has entertained leaving too.

But the reason why the situation is fluid is inherent in your question: At the end of the day, does management fire a very successful coach with two years left on his deal? Does Thibodeau leave a city he loves living in and a roster he knows is very strong? A short playoff run or spectacular flameout would certainly flare the negativity anew. But a long, successful playoff run could lead to both sides taking pause and salvaging another season or two. That’s why, as they say, you play the games.