Blackhawks land coveted college free agent Kyle Baun

TCD

Liked Posts:
Big meh from me. When ever i hear the words free agent and college i dont really get that excited. Does sound like there will be a good overhaul of icehogs next year or am i reading into things too much? If its not nhl or junior hockey i am pretty much out of any loops. I dont follow college at all anymore and i rarely follow the ahl.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I think their planning on moving guys like Hartman, Dandault and McNeill up the ladder judging by this move and signing Hinostraza who had 2 more years of NCAA eligibility.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He's supposedly a one of the top 3 of this years sought after UDFAs out of college this year, more of defensive winger.

Oh and the freakout by some articles was exaggerated as Michael Paliotta signed today too.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
How's Tt doing? Break 10pts yet?

What does signing a college FA cost? Especially when you trade draft picks for slugs like vermette you add a prospect.

You're such a fucking idiot

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
How many millions of players have been drafted and amounted to nothing?

Variable

Liked Posts:
How's Tt doing? Break 10pts yet?

What does signing a college FA cost? Especially when you trade draft picks for slugs like vermette you add a prospect.

You're such a fucking idiot

I guess if I said any of that. Which I didn't. So....yeah. Same old bullshit with you I see.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Kyle is the grand son of Bob Baun.

Thing with NCAA free agents typically they are not in any premier junior league nor are they physically developed by the time they hit 20, which is the last year they can be drafted and someone owns their rights.

He played in the CCHL (a step down from the OHL) so he could preserve his NCAA eligibility until he was 20, so most teams passed him. Add to that his style is more of a power forward it makes sense he's taken a few more years to develop.

According to HF he's a big body who is difficult to move off the puck, great skater and a decent scorer who does well in front of the net.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator