Blue Jackets @ Blackhawks IGT 3/27 at 7:30 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
AyjiX28.jpg

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Don't look now but the Hawks are in danger of being caught by Minnesota.

I had to double-check the standings to make sure they weren't in danger of potentially missing out on the playoffs entirely.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Wild card or bust!! Would actually prefer playing nashville first round anyways. Seen too many Hawk fans bag on the Blues this year and it has crow eating written all over it now that the Blues are getting healthy again. Preds on the other hand? Completely over performed this season.

But Hawks are heading towards the Ducks at the moment anyways. Im good with that. I seriously dont want the blues even though the hawks history against them is very good. But no kane? Blues win.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wild card or bust!! Would actually prefer playing nashville first round anyways. Seen too many Hawk fans bag on the Blues this year and it has crow eating written all over it now that the Blues are getting healthy again. Preds on the other hand? Completely over performed this season.

But Hawks are heading towards the Ducks at the moment anyways. Im good with that. I seriously dont want the blues even though the hawks history against them is very good. But no kane? Blues win.

I agree and keep in mind this Anaheim team is pretty terrible. Bad coaching, decent offense that Crow can shut down, bad goaltending/defense. They may be in contention for the presidents trophy but they don't pass the eye test and their shockingly low +9 goal differential backs it up.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im not there yet simply because i know craw can win a series...he will probably have to because none of the issues are close to correcting themselves. I do think right now Q needs to find his lines and stick with them no matter what. I do think he has done incredible damage benching guys and rotating the lines too much. Nobody seems to be on the same page now and that is what happens when a team is over coached. I usually dont throw Q under the bus but as of right now? Team doesnt need a dancing roster and line changes. It seems to be doing more damage than good even though i understands Qs reasonings behind it.

I dont know maybe im stretching for excuses. Maybe Kane is just simply that good and this team cant function without everything he does. Long season is also catching up with some of these guys again. Need some fucking inspiration to get em awake again.

My thoughts exactly. In fact, I was going to start a thread on that very subject, but you've already done an excellent job of summarizing it, and have certainly worded it better than I would have.

:beer:

At the very least I'd like to see us ride these top-two lines for a while (more than twenty-minutes):

10 (20)-19-81
20 (10)-80-86

I don't have any strong feelings on how the bottom-six are arranged.

On the back-end:

2-7
4-27
44-5

I can't recall who shoots with what hand off the top of my head, so arrange the defensive pairings accordingly if need be (4-27 vs. 27-4). As you can see, I'm still holding out hope for 44. And even though 5 had a pretty rough game tonight, I still feel he's a more viable option than 32. He moves the puck decent-enough and has a good shot to boot. Which is also why I don't mind him on the PP.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCD

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
TCD wanted to be but he was just jealous

What are you doing up at 10:00?!?!?!? I figured you guys would still be spooning.

Plus you normally don't crawl out of the dumpster until the crack of noon.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Joe got disliked and got all cunty about it, because that's a thing I guess happens with people. Idk, having most of my years literally only coming on here with my phone I never quite understood the attention people gave to Rep around here.

I've never really put a whole lot of stock into it myself. I mean, I have as much rep as you can get and I'm a goddamned moron. So... :dunno:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems like several times in the last month or two I've thought 'This is the worst game I've seen them play in a long time'.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
The scoreboard doesn't accurately reflect it, but the Blue Jackets also fucked up the Blues last night in the Lou. That's something like their 8th- or 9th-straight road win.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The scoreboard doesn't accurately reflect it, but the Blue Jackets also fucked up the Blues last night in the Lou. That's something like their 8th- or 9th-straight road win.

I was in attendance for that game. Columbus is just playing incredible hockey right now.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was in attendance for that game. Columbus is just playing incredible hockey right now.

Oh yeah? Nice! That must've been a real treat to see in person. I live in the Blues' market as well as the Hawks' market, so I'm able to catch most of their games on the tele as well. Tarasenko's goal was especially nasty, but besides that, the Blue Jackets definitely carried a majority of the play. They put on a real passing clinic with that second goal (PP). The third one wasn't too shabby either.

Makes me feel not as bad about our loss to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.