Bears sign CB Alan Ball

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The niners did run press coverage more often than not because of the blitzing Fangio likes to do the outside guys need to be able to hold up man to man. That can be said for just about any 34 D especially when the coordinator likes to bring the heat which Fangio has shown the propensity to do with his ILBs in the past.

Not so sure those weren't zone blitzes...

Blitzing doesn't automatically mean you go to man, especially in a 34.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Not so sure those weren't zone blitzes...

Blitzing doesn't automatically mean you go to man, especially in a 34.
There were zone blitzes, but the majority of the time it was man.
Regardless, Ball isn't playing FS (LMFAO), And Jennings is just another anchor Emery left tied to us.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He already has, he's been on their radar since the start of free agency. Gus Bradley really wanted him back as well. He actually had two teams to choose from and he chose the Bears

Hahahaha He was never even spoken of until we signed him. Nobody saw that signing coming and if it was seen coming then Mr A.Lemming would have let us know about it. Quit acting like you know any more than anyone on here because you don't now carry on. At one time it was actually tweeted out that he signed a one year two million dollar deal with Carolina and that was not true and then nothing was heard about him until he signed with us.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Hahahaha He was never even spoken of until we signed him. Nobody saw that signing coming and if it was seen coming then Mr A.Lemming would have let us know about it. Quit acting like you know any more than anyone on here because you don't now carry on. At one time it was actually tweeted out that he signed a one year two million dollar deal with Carolina and that was not true and then nothing was heard about him until he signed with us.
Stop acting like just because you heard nothing means nobody was talking about him.

Regardless, your assumption that he may play FS was not only foolish, but just plain lazy.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Aaron Leming (@AaronLemingNFL) tweeted at 9:49am - 27 Mar 15: Alan Ball had been a top target for the #Bears since the start of FA. Patience has been the name of the game so far for Pace.*

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Aaron Leming (@AaronLemingNFL) tweeted at 9:49am - 27 Mar 15: Alan Ball had been a top target for the #Bears since the start of FA. Patience has been the name of the game so far for Pace.*

I really, really like that approach from Pace. Yes, he'll lose some of his targets in FA now and again, because some other team was desperate (or stupid) enough to dish out that big contract. But at least we'll probably never be in big salary cap-trouble, as Pace seems to get most of the guys he wants to the contracts he wants to give.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs

@BradBiggs

Follow

#Bears*CB Alan Ball receives $3 million 1 yr deal. $1 mil signing bonus, $1.95 mil base salary and $50K workout bonus. More than CAR offered

6:39am*- 31 Mar 15

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs

@BradBiggs

Follow

#Bears*CB Alan Ball receives $3 million 1 yr deal. $1 mil signing bonus, $1.95 mil base salary and $50K workout bonus. More than CAR offered

6:39am*- 31 Mar 15

Woo a little more than I though he would get.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Ball doesn't do much at a best level. I know you have him taking the starting job from Jennings but there's a reason why he sat this long in free agency and ended up with a cheap one year contract.
So now explain why the bear swooped in and out bid Carolina to get him? Did Pace just pay 3 mil for a special teamer that doesn't return?

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Woo a little more than I though he would get.

Yea, me too. Especially because earlier that week it was reported that Panthers had signed him for 2 million. So I figured we gave him that or even less.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:

I love how Lemmings comes in after the fact a player has signed to announce his inside info. Oh, man, thanks bro.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I love how Lemmingsz comesz in after the fact a player has signed to announce his inside info. Oh, man, thanksz bro.

He's been ahead of a lot of the signings this offseason. Why the hate? :shrug:

TheDane

Liked Posts:
I love how Lemmings comes in after the fact a player has signed to announce his inside info. Oh, man, thanks bro.

So now it's irrelevant for a Bears beat reporter to report, that the team's GM is showing great patience in his free agency-actions? Oh, okay.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I expect a big rebound year out of Jennings this year. No player degraded more than Jennings other than Briggs, and I believe it was more Tucker and the malaise than loss of skill on the part of Jennings. I can see him having a come-back player of the year season coming up.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
I expect a big rebound year out of Jennings this year. No player degraded more than Jennings other than Briggs, and I believe it was more Tucker and the malaise than loss of skill on the part of Jennings. I can see him having a come-back player of the year season coming up.
In a system that is totally wrong for him? Don't put money on it. More likely the Bears try to hide him best they can.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So just a reminder. We paid Alan Ball the same amount of money Peanut got from Carolina. Seriously.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So just a reminder. We paid Alan Ball the same amount of money Peanut got from Carolina. Seriously.

You do realize the Panthers tried to sign Alan Ball BEFORE they tried to sign Tillman?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You do realize the Panthers tried to sign Alan Ball BEFORE they tried to sign Tillman?
Which confirms that most of the GMs in the NFL dont know what they're doing.