Can the Bears Draft Offense 1st and 2nd Round?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We need a power or ultra back.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Imo we still need a CB early in the draft. Waynes in the first or PJ Williams in the second.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
maybe im just being short sighted, but I don't see how spending pick #7 on a WR, makes us any better.
we had BMarsh and are offense sucked
. and I get BPA but you cant dismiss that some positions are more valuable than others.

if we are truly gonna be a run heavy/ great D type scheme. then WR value would be pretty low, on the list of important position groups.
I guess I don't get how cooper or White, would have more impact on are scheme than the top rated o-line guy, Shelton, Waynes or one of the many pass rushers.
take last years draft for example, I would much rather have Fuller than have drafted Watkins.

Gee, you think coaching had anything to do with that??????

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
The offense sucked because we have a shitty QB. not because of are WR's.
are coaches did suck but they were only part of the problem.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I wouldn't hate that honestly. Of course it depends on what players were taken before our first pick.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I think so. At least with WR/OL in rounds 1 and 2, the Bears will most likely be drafting starters. On defense, there's a chance they ride the bench this season. I'd rather draft players that will have a chance to make an impact right away. I like your draft.

I like Trae Waynes but he isn't going to start over Kyle Fuller or Tim Jennings (contract)

I don't think any rookie defensive lineman would start over Jay Ratliff Ray McDonald. They probably wouldn't start over Ego Ferguson, Will Sutton or Jarvis Jenkins either.

I was wanting Amari Cooper to be unavailable and for the Bears to draft a linebacker before the Bears signed some defensive players. I hope he's available now.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I think so. At least with WR/OL in rounds 1 and 2, the Bears will most likely be drafting starters. On defense, there's a chance they ride the bench this season. I'd rather draft players that will have a chance to make an impact right away. I like your draft.

I like Trae Waynes but he isn't going to start over Kyle Fuller or Tim Jennings (contract)

I don't think any rookie defensive lineman would start over Jay Ratliff Ray McDonald. They probably wouldn't start over Ego Ferguson, Will Sutton or Jarvis Jenkins either.

I was wanting Amari Cooper to be unavailable and for the Bears to draft a linebacker before the Bears signed some defensive players. I hope he's available now.

Waynes would probably be our 3rd CB day one. In today's NFL he's getting a shitload of PT even as the 3rd CB.

And I think if we had a rookie DL worth a damn he's getting plenty of PT. Nobody we have on our DL is world-beaters. Ratliff is old. Jenkins is more of a back-up/rotational guy. Ferguson is unproven. Sutton doesn't fit. The only one with a good pedigree is McDonald. And who knows if he doesn't begin the season suspended.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
With the number of defensive signings and the fact that many of them look capable of starting or playing significant reps have the Bears put themselves in a position to draft offense in round 1 and 2?

It has been discussed that WR may be the beat value pick for the Bears. It also happens to be a need, not a great need, but a clear need.

The OL has largely been ignored in free agency after a very sub par year in 2014. Bushrod struggled and looks to be losing a step, Slauson had a 2nd offseason with surgery, Garza is done and Mills should probably be replaced or at a minimum face serious competition.

Would it make sense for the Bears to go OL in the 2nd round?

Well since Fox has said he wants to run the ball and since they haven't really addressed O-Line yet then it makes perfect sense that they draft O-Line early in the draft.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
For the visual people,

1[7] WR Amari Cooper [Alabama] 6'1" 212lbs. 4.42 [40], 33" vert, 10" broad

The Bears draft the BPA in Cooper and add a polsihed deep threat that was the focal point of other teams defensive plans and still produced. Gives the Bears the best WR core that they have had in my lifetime and they set the table for the next QB nicely.

Amari+Cooper+Discover+BCS+National+Championship+-uzkNOF7KV7l.jpg

2[39] OT Jake Fisher [Oregon] 6'6" 306lbs. 5.01 [40], 25 reps, 32.5" vert, 7.25 3 cone

With so many defensive holes patched for the time being the Bears can set out to fix the OL that let them down last year. Fisher has the length [6'6", 34" arms] and athletic ability to play LT in the NFL and should continue to improve as he gets stronger. He profiles a lot like Joe Staley, and will allow the Bears to move Bushrod to RT. Bushrod is a solid LT, but at 31 he is on the down side and should be moved to RT soon.

jake-fisher-ncaa-football-oregon-utah.jpg

3[77] DE Henry Anderson [Stanford] 6'6" 292lbs. 5.03 [40], 30" vert, 9'3" broad

Big, tough, and physical Anderson can step in and immedatily join the rotation at 5 technique. Anderson has lined up all over the Standford defense, which is similar to the Fangio defense that he left there. Anderson gives the Bears depth with starting potential.

henry-anderson-2.jpg

4. S Ibraheim Campbell [Northwestern] 5'11" 208lbs. 4.54 [40], 23 reps, 33" vert, 9'10" broad

A smart, big hitting safety that fits the mold of a Fangio safety. Campbell has solid ball skills to add to a willingness to hit people. Campbell has some coverage limitations, but those should be covered up by scheme. Campbell can immedaitly improve a pathetic special teams unit.

Campbell-in-space-after-1st-INT-vs-Robinson1.jpg

5. CB Ladarius Gunter [Miami] 6'2" 205lbs.

The Bears add more length and upside to the CB group. Gunter did not test well at the combine, but he has the size and length to be developed and should contribute immediatly on special teams.

6_707442.jpg

6. C Dillon Day [Mississippi St] 6'3" 310lbs.

Athletically limited, but tough and physical and coming from an elite power running school. Day can compete with Garza and provide depth behind him.

soiaejxovkpaojx-20121023195029.jpg

QB: Cutler, Clausen
RB: Forte, Carey, Perry
WR: Jeffery, Cooper, Royal, Wilson, Mariani
TE: Bennett, Miller, Rosari, Annett
LT: Fisher, Leno
LG: Slauson, Ola
C: Garza/Day
RG: Long, Ducasse
RT: Bushrod, Mills

RE: McDonald, Sutton
NT: Ratliff, Ferguson
LE: Jenkins/Anderson, Washington
OLB: Young, Allen
MLB: Jones/Bostic
MLB: Foster, Greene, Lattimore
OLB: McPhee, Houston, Bass
CB: Fuller, Ball, Jennings, Gunter, Hurst, Louis-Jean
FS: Rolle, Vereen
SS: Mundy, Campbell

LS: Gafford
K: Gould
P: O'Donnell

You actually could probably put Wiz in at center and still do the same draft with changing the 6th round pick. A.Lemming aka EHC did say that we could still sign Wiz.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think we might draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Center for sure somewhere in there if we don't get Wiz.

Yeah i think me and you are two of the few that can see us drafting a RB early.

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
Yeah i think me and you are two of the few that can see us drafting a RB early.

I agree with that. Forte cant do it all and his contract is almost up and hes getting old.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The offense sucked because we have a shitty QB. not because of are WR's.
are coaches did suck but they were only part of the problem.

Our not are

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Waynes would start on the left side and Jennings would move to nickle just like they were gonna do last year with Peanut and Fuller as the starting CB's and Jennings was gonna go to nickle until Peanut got hurt.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does Fangio run more big nickel? I have no idea. If he does, the nickel corner would be a little less important.

Of course, the Bears aren't exactly stacked at safety, so that wouldn't reduce their needs in the secondary.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be too opposed to it considering that I believe there will be good DE and S talents in round 3-4..

Personally, I would rather draft an ILB in round #2. Alot of good options at that pick.