Can the Bears Draft Offense 1st and 2nd Round?

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
No need for racism guy!

Lol j/k
I rather go with white and he is black and that's racism,your racist for bringing it up cause obviously it was on your mind that anything white is racist.......really :hitler:

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL · 19m19 minutes ago
There's a very good chance the #Bears could end up going offense with their 1st & second round picks this year. WR & OL are pressing needs.

very good chance leming is trolling

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
What is with the obsession over Day? You will most likely don't need to waste a pick on him as you can sign him as a FA.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Does Fangio run more big nickel? I have no idea. If he does, the nickel corner would be a little less important.

Of course, the Bears aren't exactly stacked at safety, so that wouldn't reduce their needs in the secondary.

Good point.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
maybe im just being short sighted, but I don't see how spending pick #7 on a WR, makes us any better.
we had BMarsh and are offense sucked. and I get BPA but you cant dismiss that some positions are more valuable than others.

if we are truly gonna be a run heavy/ great D type scheme. then WR value would be pretty low, on the list of important position groups.
I guess I don't get how cooper or White, would have more impact on are scheme than the top rated o-line guy, Shelton, Waynes or one of the many pass rushers.
take last years draft for example, I would much rather have Fuller than have drafted Watkins.
How come so many equate run heavy offense with lowering the value at WR. This is not the 1980's, You pass way more in a run heavy offense then you did back then. YOu still need good wr's. smh

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well since Fox has said he wants to run the ball and since they haven't really addressed O-Line yet then it makes perfect sense that they draft O-Line early in the draft.

If they do not sign Wisniewski, I could see them go OT and then Center with their first two picks. They need to fix the offensive line if they are even going to be mediocre offensively next year.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
If the clear cut BPA's in both the 1st and 2nd round are offensive players, then yes, we could be seeing back to back offensive picks to start off the draft for us.

Reactions: WCL

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I would have no problem with it. It could very well fall that way. I could see White or Cooper at 7 and one of the OTs or possibly Cam Erving in the 2nd.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
With the number of defensive signings and the fact that many of them look capable of starting or playing significant reps have the Bears put themselves in a position to draft offense in round 1 and 2?

It has been discussed that WR may be the beat value pick for the Bears. It also happens to be a need, not a great need, but a clear need.

The OL has largely been ignored in free agency after a very sub par year in 2014. Bushrod struggled and looks to be losing a step, Slauson had a 2nd offseason with surgery, Garza is done and Mills should probably be replaced or at a minimum face serious competition.

Would it make sense for the Bears to go OL in the 2nd round?

The problem I have with this mock is the Bears already have a guy with LT skills in Long so taking Jake Fisher because he has LT possibilities is unnecessary. If WR is taken in the first round as myself and others expect to happen then second round makes more sense for a defensive playmaker. I can see where the possibility exists the second round could be used for OL but I am assuming that is only if either cannot find an RT in FA they like or have their doubts about getting a quality RG or RT in the third round. HOwever so far it sure looks like a starter quality OL will be available in the third.

Last edited:

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a strong feeling cooper won't be there at 7...raiders are taking him...I would even make the case for the Jets to take him at 7 if he's there..but I think they are going to take the heismann....