If he is available, Ray will be the Bears pick at #7

Liked Posts:
from all that ive read lately, I think this whole draft hinges on Mariota.
If he is there, Pace will probably take him.

I call smoke screen on that. He knows somebody would come up and give a king's ransom.

Liked Posts:
yeah, have you watched a single interview of Pace's? I don't think that guy is capable of deception.

I've watched every single one and he's probably more clever than you think. Unlike most people though, I work under the premise that I could also be wrong. I'm just right more than I'm wrong, which is why I'm a good investor.

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
I've watched every single one and he's probably more clever than you think. Unlike most people though, I work under the premise that I could also be wrong. I'm just right more than I'm wrong, which is why I'm a good investor.

I mean, you could be right. the whole golly gee thing could be just an act. but so far he seems like a very open and honest dude.
I would say almost to open and honest, he gives out almost to much information.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I call smoke screen on that. He knows somebody would come up and give a king's ransom.

I don't think there is a team in the top 10 that actually wants to draft Mariota, even the Jets. Everyone is trying to stimulate a trade though, especially Washington. My money is on Cleveland being dumb enough to move up.

Liked Posts:
yeah, have you watched a single interview of Pace's? I don't think that guy is capable of deception.

I don't think there is a team in the top 10 that actually wants to draft Mariota, even the Jets. Everyone is trying to stimulate a trade though, especially Washington. My money is on Cleveland being dumb enough to move up.

Not a bad bet- Cleveland doing dumb shit is pretty common.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ray looks like he needs to hit the roids frankly.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Not a bad bet- Cleveland doing dumb shit is pretty common.

It's clear that they're determined not to make the second mistake by sticking with Manziel and trying to turn chicken shit into chicken salad. Haslem wants to find the next guy and to them a squeaky clean Mariota is probably too good to pass up.

Liked Posts:

It's clear that they're determined not to make the second mistake by sticking with Manziel and trying to turn chicken shit into chicken salad. Haslem wants to find the next guy and to them a squeaky clean Mariota is probably too good to pass up.

This. They won't give up both 1st round picks... But they'd give #12 and a 2. Or # 12 and a 3rd and a 4th.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why? We only really need two adequate NT and with Ratliff and Ego on the roster, there are more pressing needs.

How many games did Ratliff miss last year because of a concussion? Plus the fact that this is probably his last year in Chicago leads me to believe they'll be looking to anchor that line for years to come. 1 injury to Rat and the middle would be hurting badly. They need an insurance policy. If not Shelton, it'll be within the first 3 picks for sure. I'd like them to go with a sexier pick... But I'm not sure they can afford to.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
I believe the OP is not taking in to account that GM's say things before the draft that are often a combo of truth and misdirection. This is Pace's first draft and he appears to be a very bright guy. Would he really lay down a trail of crumbs to his most innermost thoughts about this draft in a public forum. I have some serious doubts about that. For example the quote about you cant have enough pass rushers. He probably feels that way about most drafts but does he really believe that this draft. If he does why would put it out there? That would not be a smart thing to do.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
I just don't see what you see in Ray and to be honest, you seem to be his biggest fanboy for the past couple months so I think you're seeing things that just are not there.

I saw Ray on NFL network today and he said he had gained 20 pounds and was 250 from the season to his pro day. So he played the season at 230 and what worries me with his shitty pro day is that adding 20 pounds may have slowed him down and he won't have the same burst and speed off the edge with the added weight. He just seems to be a one trick pony at this point and if he can't do that at an NFL weight he isn't worth the #7 pick..

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I just don't see what you see in Ray and to be honest, you seem to be his biggest fanboy for the past couple months so I think you're seeing things that just are not there.

I saw Ray on NFL network today and he said he had gained 20 pounds and was 250 from the season to his pro day. So he played the season at 230 and what worries me with his shitty pro day is that adding 20 pounds may have slowed him down and he won't have the same burst and speed off the edge with the added weight. He just seems to be a one trick pony at this point and if he can't do that at an NFL weight he isn't worth the #7 pick..

He ran a 4.65 at his pro day coming off a foot injury at 250 pounds...Pretty sure he has the same burst and explosiveness.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
He'll need to add the strength in the nfl anyways, so it's a moot point. Ray looks more like a miami 43 RDE. He would be a perfect fit in Lovie's scheme. I really like Ray but i'm not sure he's the best fit in the 34. Beasly and Fowler look like better fits.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
from all that ive read lately, I think this whole draft hinges on Mariota.
If he is there, Pace will probably take him.

I think he goes second. It may not be to the Titans, but he'll go second.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Apparently most, 90%, of double digit sack guys in the NFL over the last few years have 3 cone times under 7.4 most being close to or under 7.

Dante Fowler's 7.4 is bad.

Shane Ray's 7.7 is epicly bad.

7.7 puts him in OL change of direction territory.