Long to RT being considered...

TheDane

Liked Posts:
I think we should sign a FA RT

Joe Barksdale is still out there, and I think he would fit in well, due to his run-blocking. But I think he's a bit expensive, considering what we have left to spend.

Jake Long is also out there, and he could definitely be a fine RT - if his body can hold up, that is. It would be great with a right side consisting of Long and Long! Especially if we were to play against the Rams, where Chris Long is a LE. Long and Long versus Long!

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats why I think bears need to sign Barksdale or draft Paet who can be moved to LT after bushrod is done with the team.

I would like that, but doubt he's available at 39.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Joe Barksdale is still out there, and I think he would fit in well, due to his run-blocking. But I think he's a bit expensive, considering what we have left to spend.

Jake Long is also out there, and he could definitely be a fine RT - if his body can hold up, that is. It would be great with a right side consisting of Long and Long! Especially if we were to play against the Rams, where Chris Long is a LE. Long and Long versus Long!

I'd call that a Long-Shot.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Scherff is nothing more than a future average guard at best. Long to tackle should only be considered in an emergency, no alternative, scenario. Why do so many dipshits on this board think that offensive lineman are just simple movable parts?

Rubbish. He is the best offensive lineman in the entire draft. He could start off as the replacement of Long at right guard and then move to offensive left tackle down the road. And offensive line of:

LT - Bushrod

LG - Slauson

C - Wisniewski

RG - Scherff

RT - Long

Forte and company would have a field day running around and through that line would be fun to watch and fit into Fox's supposed vision of an offense run philosophy.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
39...? He ks considered at top 15 pick lol

His stock is slipping a bit, if you believe all the experts and mock drafts lately.

Allthough I like the idea of drafting an O-lineman to create some push up front, I just don't see anyone worth a #7-pick in this draft. Peat would definitely be a reach.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
39...? He ks considered at top 15 pick lol

No frickin way do I take him at 7. AND please be reminded, don't you dare turn this into a trade-back thread. :hitler:

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
I think we should sign a FA RT

Two FA signings would settle the "needs" thing on our O-Line.

#1. Barksdale

#2. Wisniewski

Need a "Road Grader" RT if we are going to "Get off the bus running.".......That kid from Oregon....Jake Fisher........2nd round possibilities:

2[39] OT Jake Fisher [Oregon] 6'6" 306lbs. 5.01 [40], 25 reps, 32.5" vert, 7.25 3 cone

With so many defensive holes patched for the time being the Bears can set out to fix the OL that let them down last year. Fisher has the length [6'6", 34" arms] and athletic ability to play LT in the NFL and should continue to improve as he gets stronger. He profiles a lot like Joe Staley, and will allow the Bears to move Bushrod to RT. Bushrod is a solid LT, but at 31 he is on the down side and should be moved to RT soon.

I wouldn't move Bushrod to RT.....I don't think he's powerful enough on the run to get the job done. Need to upgrade from him.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I like Long, his run blocking is nothing to write home about. The interior OL is fine, don't piss around trying to fix something that needs no fixing.

Is this based on your scouting report or a real NFL scout's ?

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
"Road Grader" RT..... Make it happen.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't want any old FA RT's

I prefer fresh meat FA RT's or maybe with a salad. UFA RT could even be better than General Mills , am I RT? It wasn't me, it was U

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kyle Long should play whatever position allows the Bears to put their 5 most talented offensive linemen on the field. End of story.

Agree with this, but from a pure on the field play perspective, Its seems like Garza is the weakest link. Maybe Mills was actually a little worse than Garza last year, but having a weak link right in the middle is fucking killer. When Garza blows a block, there is almost no chance to get the play off compared to when Mills blows it, you get another second or so. All of which is to say imo, I would think C is a slightly bigger priority.

But either way, the whole OL will probably improve a LOT if Long no longer has a weak link on both sides. Will be much easier if he only has to cheat/help to one side.

All of that said, I think there is way, way, way more to the center position than fans realize. Think you have to have a cerebral player there and Garza must be pretty damn good in that regard for 3 consecutive coaching staffs/GMs to overlook is below average play and keep him around.

Last edited:

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mills might do well kicking inside to gaurd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Really hope we can sign Wisniewski......if so then I am all for this. I wonder if Garza would be better back at Guard then he was at center?

Garza's best spot is not on the team.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
hope they draft some OL help , something the fans have been begging them to do {for years.}

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Kyle Long should play whatever position allows the Bears to put their 5 most talented offensive linemen on the field. End of story.

So then who is the best right guard option after Long?

P.S. Long has short arms.