dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'd move Slausson to LT, Long to LG, Bushrod to RT, Garza to RG, and Mills to C.

That's gotta be the dumbest shit i've ever seen...........you being from Any-Town,USA....geesh.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Wtf? He should be at LT, not wasted on the right side. He's the best athlete on the offensive line.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Why do the Bears refuse to let Garza walk? If the Bears get Wisniewski, Wis to C, Garza to the bench and eventually off the team would be the best move.

I'm guessing that it is because he has played all three interior positions, comes cheap, and is well liked in the organization. That and he was injured in the first game last year, which could have effected his play.

I would have let him walk, but that might be what the Bears are thinking.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who says we're refusing to let him go? We currently don't have another even half-decent C on the roster, so Garza is the best we have. Yes, we might sign Wiz and start him at C. Then it might make sense to cut Garza (even though I'd have no problem with keeping him as a backup and mentor). But cutting him before we have a replacement makes absolutely no sense to me.

Garz has got to go. Long had to work triple time last year trying to cover for both Garza and Mills or whoever they put next to him at RT.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Garz has got to go. Long had to work triple time last year trying to cover for both Garza and Mills or whoever they put next to him at RT.

No, Garza didn't have a great year. Nobody said he did. But why would you cut a guy right now without having a realistic replacement? And why not keep him until training camp? He's a great mentor, and by keeping him around to compete in training camp, we could squeeze the last bit of mentorship and leadership out of him. If he doesn't do enough on the field in training camp to earn a roster spot, THEN cut him.