Bulls playoff predictions

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Milwaukee is going to be tougher than expected. They have some nasty athleticism.

I see us unable to defeat the Cavs due to the moves they made, it will bate us into 3-point contests we cannot win.

Its going to be epic, but I fear we fall just short.

Meanwhile, this is Golden States year. Its just magic, I thought we had a chance this year, but its really hard to see how chemistry is going with these bulls.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I won't say anything until the seeds are set and we see where Rose and Butler are health-wise.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Regardless of health or seeding, I don't see us going past the second round

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd say they have as good of a chance as anyone to win the East. It's a 4 horse race between Chicago, Washington, Atlanta, and Cleveland. Too early to call.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'd say they have as good of a chance as anyone to win the East. It's a 4 horse race between Chicago, Washington, Atlanta, and Cleveland. Too early to call.
Washington isn't going to do shit. Its a 3 horse race.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably not but they can surely beat the Bulls in a 7 game series, so that is worth something. Beal's health is the variable.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
It's between Atlanta, Cleveland, and us. With the emergence of Niko, Butler coming back and not missing a beat, I honestly feel there is no tougher team in a seven game series than us. When Rose gets back, the multitude of weapons on the team will likely be too much for other teams to overcome. Atlanta's lack of size could likely be their downfall in a seven game series. The Cavs woeful defense could be theirs. Health has always been the deciding factor with us. When healthy, there is not a better team in the East imho.

Either way, it's going to be an exciting playoffs as we finally have the best chance of making it to the Finals in the post MJ era.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's between Atlanta, Cleveland, and us. With the emergence of Niko, Butler coming back and not missing a beat, I honestly feel there is no tougher team in a seven game series than us. When Rose gets back, the multitude of weapons on the team will likely be too much for other teams to overcome. Atlanta's lack of size could likely be their downfall in a seven game series. The Cavs woeful defense could be theirs. Health has always been the deciding factor with us. When healthy, there is not a better team in the East imho.

Either way, it's going to be an exciting playoffs as we finally have the best chance of making it to the Finals in the post MJ era.

Any of those teams can make the Finals, and none of them will win IMO.

Cleveland is the most likely team to make it based on how they have played the 2nd half the season. Their defense is still terrible, but they've amped up their O and can blow a lot of opponents of the building with hot shooting.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
If everybody is truly healthy...This team can go as far as the Finals but it could also falter in the 2nd round against the Cavs.

That Cavs series is going to be really tight. 6 or 7 games no doubt. If I had to pick right now I would pick Cleveland but like I said, fully healthy Bulls team looks mighty strong with the ascendance of Mirotic.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If everybody is truly healthy...This team can go as far as the Finals but it could also falter in the 2nd round against the Cavs.

That Cavs series is going to be really tight. 6 or 7 games no doubt. If I had to pick right now I would pick Cleveland but like I said, fully healthy Bulls team looks mighty strong with the ascendance of Mirotic.
That Cavs series should be a really good series. If the Bulls can play some lock down D in it, they can give the Cavs a lot of trouble. We will have to wait and see though. They're gonna be tough to beat. The other thing is can our guys even stay healthy?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That Cavs series should be a really good series. If the Bulls can play some lock down D in it, they can give the Cavs a lot of trouble. We will have to wait and see though. They're gonna be tough to beat. The other thing is can our guys even stay healthy?
I feel like even if we went into that series healthy, we'd leave the series decimated

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I feel like even if we went into that series healthy, we'd leave the series decimated
LOL, wouldn't be a whole lot of shock, but hopefully not. We all want to see this team finally have a healthy playoff run. THIS IS THE YEAR DAMNIT! :hitler:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, wouldn't be a whole lot of shock, but hopefully not. We all want to see this team finally have a healthy playoff run. THIS IS THE YEAR DAMNIT! :hitler:
At least then if we lose, we won't have any excuses

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
At least then if we lose, we won't have any excuses
EXACTLY! If we fail in the 2nd round 100% healthy against Cleveland, the FO has a decent excuse to fire Thibs. Not that I want them to, but they have a pretty legit reason.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The Cavs aren't the Heat for the last four years. And the Bulls only had a shot (health-wise) in the first of those four years.

And the Bulls are far more equipped to do damage in the playoffs than they would've been (with a healthy core) in those previous four years, this year.

In 2010-11, The Bulls only had Rose who could get his own shot. In 2014-15, they have Gasol/Mirotic/Butler/Brooks. Offense then versus now is night and day.

Cavs, though slightly improved on D since the trades, are still a below average defensive team.

Cavs have a first year coach in the NBA. Two of their three stars have never been on a winning team before. And we saw how they struggled in the regular season to start the season. Of course, they are not going to be 100% prepared to win in the post-season, either. Right away, that is. I am convinced that this isn't Cleveland's year, and it will take more than one playoff run for their core to learn how to win a championship. A lot of people compare the Cavs now to the formation of the champion Boston Celtics in 2008. But Ray Allen (Bucks), Kevin Garnett (T-Wolves), and Paul Pierce (Celtics) all had playoff experience and decent playoff runs as leaders of their prior/former teams.

Now look at the Bulls. Those Celtics are dismantled and the Heat (Wade+Bosh being far better, in my opinion than Irving+Love) are, too. Their road to the Finals has never been easier. On top of that, their team has not been more ready to win since 1998. Rose is one of the better point guards. If their core guys of Rose+Butler+Dunleavy+Gasol+Noah+Taj+Mirotic get a good series under their belt versus Milwaukee or Washington, I think they are likely going to beat Cleveland.

Note: I said "if" and, yes, "likely".

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
EXACTLY! If we fail in the 2nd round 100% healthy against Cleveland, the FO has a decent excuse to fire Thibs. Not that I want them to, but they have a pretty legit reason.

whats the legit reason? because he lost to a team with 3 all stars on the roster with one of them being the best player in the world who has won 2 of the last 3 NBA titles? :shrug:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
whats the legit reason? because he lost to a team with 3 all stars on the roster with one of them being the best player in the world who has won 2 of the last 3 NBA titles? :shrug:
Yes, its a dog eat dog world in the NBA now. Jerry Sloans dont' survive for 25 years without titles anymore.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes, its a dog eat dog world in the NBA now. Jerry Sloans dont' survive for 25 years without titles anymore.

you might be right, itd be foolish on the bulls part to do so IMO though. thibs is a great coach. is he perfect? no. but I think bulls fans have grown delusional into thinking hes easily replaceable or something. the guy is a top 5 coach in the toughest league in the world. I think some(not saying you) need to take a step back and gain some perspective on the situation and realize how lucky they are to have him coaching their team. obviously, front office has issues with thibs and vice versa, and that will be the real reason thibs leaves if he does....losing a playoff series, as you said, will simply be the excuse the FO uses.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
you might be right, itd be foolish on the bulls part to do so IMO though. thibs is a great coach. is he perfect? no. but I think bulls fans have grown delusional into thinking hes easily replaceable or something. the guy is a top 5 coach in the toughest league in the world. I think some(not saying you) need to take a step back and gain some perspective on the situation and realize how lucky they are to have him coaching their team. obviously, front office has issues with thibs and vice versa, and that will be the real reason thibs leaves if he does....losing a playoff series, as you said, will simply be the excuse the FO uses.
Yep, but the good relationship between FO and coach isn't there... Results really matter in those cases, so thats what's going to happen in all likelihood.

Sloan and Utah had a great relationship and were always on the same page..despite the Jazz not making a Finals for the first 9 years, and then making the Finals twice, and never winning until he stepped down in 2011.

But every long term relationship usually sours after years of night winning, Sloan is probably the exception... The Bulls and Thibs just have feuded a lot sooner.