“I’m good still. Really”

TheDane

Liked Posts:
I also still believe that Allen has some gas left in his tank. He didn't look very good last year, but I think that a big part of that was due to him being sick and having a tough time rebounding from that. One of my friends, who's a professional athlete as well, also had pneumonia at one point. He had an equally tough time rebounding from that.

With that said, Allen is still a poor fit in this defense, and I have a tough time seeing him being very effective due to that.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Will Willie be ready

hope so, he has been doing a lot of fishing

wyfish.jpg

TheDane

Liked Posts:
"Bears DE/OLB Jared Allen says he was diagnosed with a herniated disc in his back following the season.
Allen also attributes his diminished 2014 production to an early-season bout with pneumonia that cost him 15 pounds, and affected his play for two months. Allen has resumed training vigorously, as he does every offseason."

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I also still believe that Allen has some gas left in his tank. He didn't look very good last year, but I think that a big part of that was due to him being sick and having a tough time rebounding from that. One of my friends, who's a professional athlete as well, also had pneumonia at one point. He had an equally tough time rebounding from that.

With that said, Allen is still a poor fit in this defense, and I have a tough time seeing him being very effective due to that.

I disagree. Switching to a 3-4 may be a blessing in disguise for Allen because he has always been insistent on never coming off the field. In a 3-4, the only place he fits is as a situational pass rusher, which is what he needs at this point in his career. There's no way he rebounds in terms of sack numbers, but at least this should translate into him being a more effective/efficient player.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
I disagree. Switching to a 3-4 may be a blessing in disguise for Allen because he has always been insistent on never coming off the field. In a 3-4, the only place he fits is as a situational pass rusher, which is what he needs at this point in his career. There's no way he rebounds in terms of sack numbers, but at least this should translate into him being a more effective/efficient player.

Well, I hope you're right!

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
I'll be glad if he just doesn't completely suck and embarrass himself again. So, I'm not setting the bar very high for him.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
"I'm still good. Really."

Sounds appropriately desperate and delusional.

The guy is done, and stands as Emery's second-worst signing. We all know who's the first ...

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
"Situational Pass Rusher".......might work.....but I don't see him breaking into Pass Coverage.....?!

TheDane

Liked Posts:
"Situational Pass Rusher".......might work.....but I don't see him breaking into Pass Coverage.....?!

He's a natural in pass coverage, mate:

[video=youtube;RVpbIBllHAg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVpbIBllHAg[/video]

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

The OLBs in Fangio's system rarely drop into coverage and the situational rusher will never be asked to drop into coverage. One of the ILBs will have coverage responsibilities and one of the OLBs may be asked to drop into the flats from time to time, aside from that very little is asked other than to rush and set the edge.