Let's think in advance of the WTF pick no one would see coming

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No one would be surprised if we drafted Cooper, Fowler, Beasley, Ray, even Shelton and Waynes.

Here are a list of WTF picks that could be drafted at 7:

Landon Collins - best safety in the draft but would be an incredible reach at 7 for his skill set.
Marcus Mariota - he would technically be BPA but most figure we would trade down in this scenario.
La'el Collins - would be a great WTF pick in my opinion. Could easily be the best tackle in the draft.
DeVante Parker - if Pace really wants a receiver and Cooper and White are gone, this reach would shock everyone.
Melvin Gordon - many feel he is the best running back in the draft. Would be a reach in today's NFL for running backs.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like your WTF picks.

Scherff is a pick I could see coming, but probably not THAT much of a WTF.
We've talked about Bud Dupree a lot, but at #7, even if the top DE/OLD were gone, this could be a good pick, but still a WTF at #7.
The #1 LB on Mayock's list - Paul Dawson. WHO? Exactly.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
If anyone drafts Parker Schnabel before the second round I will barf

Liked Posts:
I think Collins (safety) and Gordon are two good WTF picks along with Dupree at this point. I don't think Mariota, Parker, or either Scherff/Collins are.

Andrus Peat would be a WTF pick to me, however.

sravage

Liked Posts:
I really hope Pace wouldn't pick Collins at 7. No way he's bpa at that point. The board would have a meltdown of epic proportions.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Drafting Jake Fisher at #7, because last time we picked a raw O-lineman from Oregon in the 1st round, it was actually the best pick we've had in a long time. Why not do it again?

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Malcolm Brown?

Eddie Goldman

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Malcolm Brown?

If Pace selects a RB at #7, who most people have rated as a late-round prospect, I'd literally barf all over.

You're probably thinking of Malcom Brown, the DT. That would be a WTF-pick too, but wouldn't make me barf. I'd just be a tad suicidal, maybe.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
OJ Simpson. Just saying the way this guy slices through the defense, I bet he could rush for 2,000 yards. Would really allow the team to go for the jugular.

Madden

Liked Posts:
Leon Sandcastle

rww2332.jpg

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Any of the OTs would be a WTF pick for me.

Not a 1st round need neccasserily and none of the guys in this draft scream top 10 LT to me.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If Pace selects a RB at #7, who most people have rated as a late-round prospect, I'd literally barf all over.

You're probably thinking of Malcom Brown, the DT. That would be a WTF-pick too, but wouldn't make me barf. I'd just be a tad suicidal, maybe.

Malcom Brown would be a better pick than Danny Shelton.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No one would be surprised if we drafted Cooper, Fowler, Beasley, Ray, even Shelton and Waynes.

Here are a list of WTF picks that could be drafted at 7:

Landon Collins - best safety in the draft but would be an incredible reach at 7 for his skill set.
Marcus Mariota - he would technically be BPA but most figure we would trade down in this scenario.
La'el Collins - would be a great WTF pick in my opinion. Could easily be the best tackle in the draft.
DeVante Parker - if Pace really wants a receiver and Cooper and White are gone, this reach would shock everyone.
Melvin Gordon - many feel he is the best running back in the draft. Would be a reach in today's NFL for running backs.

Aside for kickers or punters....
Gordon or Gurley would be the biggest WTF for me. The bears got amazing production out of Forte last year.
I can understand an argument for literally every other position on the field needing an upgrade or another guy to shore up depth.