If we don't win the cup this year...

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Get rid of Q? Jesus, anyone who thinks Q is a problem is Special person. We're talking about a guy who has brought 2 SC to Chicago in 5 years and is arguably one of the best coaches in the NHL the past 20 years, and possibly top 10 if not 5 ever.

Everyone just assumes because the Hawks are loaded with great players that he has an easy job. The fact remains he has to deal with 20+ different personalities, playing styles while also making sure his systems are in place and things are gelling, while also adapting to whatever the opposition is throwing at him.

I'm not sure what these Q haters want else from a coach who has to try and find a balance in the day to day season.

Sometimes, I wish we would be a shit team again so people would have legitimate bullshit to whine about...

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I don't look at the current mess that the Blackhawks are in and think the GM is the top problem.

I think it may be Q.
The Hawks are struggling because of inconsistent offense from their top 3 scorers in Hossa Sharp and Toews...

If these 3 arent assisting or lighting the lamp come playoffs, they probably end up 1 and done...

Variable

Liked Posts:
Get rid of Q? Jesus, anyone who thinks Q is a problem is Special person. We're talking about a guy who has brought 2 SC to Chicago in 5 years and is arguably one of the best coaches in the NHL the past 20 years, and possibly top 10 if not 5 ever.

Everyone just assumes because the Hawks are loaded with great players that he has an easy job. The fact remains he has to deal with 20+ different personalities, playing styles while also making sure his systems are in place and things are gelling, while also adapting to whatever the opposition is throwing at him.

I'm not sure what these Q haters want else from a coach who has to try and find a balance in the day to day season.

Sometimes, I wish we would be a shit team again so people would have legitimate bullshit to whine about...

No one said it's an easy job. Every coach in the league has to deal with 20 something different personalities on his team. And I'd be willing to bet several of them could've managed those personalities and their way to those Cups here as well with the kind of core the Hawks have had. Because, again, at least some of the decision making was taken from Q's hands during that first Cup. Nobody in the league is or should be beyond reproach. I don't care how many wins you have or how many Cups you have, stupid decisions are stupid decisions are stupid decisions. There's no changing that or spinning it.

It's going overboard to say "if we don't win the Cup this season then start firing people..." because winning the Cup is insanely hard. That should almost never be the difference between keeping your job or losing it. You need a lot of things to go your way to win the Cup. But to not be able to admit that at least some of their problems are related to Q? That's just as dumb.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
No one said it's an easy job. Every coach in the league has to deal with 20 something different personalities on his team. And I'd be willing to bet several of them could've managed those personalities and their way to those Cups here as well with the kind of core the Hawks have had. Because, again, at least some of the decision making was taken from Q's hands during that first Cup. Nobody in the league is or should be beyond reproach. I don't care how many wins you have or how many Cups you have, stupid decisions are stupid decisions are stupid decisions. There's no changing that or spinning it.

It's going overboard to say "if we don't win the Cup this season then start firing people..." because winning the Cup is insanely hard. That should almost never be the difference between keeping your job or losing it. You need a lot of things to go your way to win the Cup. But to not be able to admit that at least some of their problems are related to Q? That's just as dumb.

I'm not sure what problems you think are Qs? Though, I'm sure you can give us examples and solutions to said problems...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The Hawks are struggling because of inconsistent offense from their top 3 scorers in Hossa Sharp and Toews...

If these 3 arent assisting or lighting the lamp come playoffs, they probably end up 1 and done...

Well, I think there's far more than just one reason. But I don't think Q has been helping matters at all by hitting his patented line blender seemingly after every game they lose.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure what problems you think are Qs? Though, I'm sure you can give us examples and solutions to said problems...

First problem, as I said the post above: ease up on the line blender.

Variable

Liked Posts:
From last season, one word : Handzus.

He willingly handcuffed Kane on that line having Zus as his center almost all damn season long. Whenever he was with anyone else, ANYONE, the change was almost immediate. Even in between shifts where Handzus either wouldn't be on the ice just yet or just got off the ice and Kane was still on. It was a joke. He scored one even strength goal with Zus on his line. And it took Q until their backs were up against the wall in the WCF to try something new. And it nearly saved them. Nearly. Had it saved it, they were going to win another Cup. And people were, amazingly, calling him a genius for it. When it was evident that Zus should've never been in that role to begin with. But two Cups lol.

That the Hawks got the kind of production they did from Kane last season was a minor miracle. That he actually paced Crosby in points at one time last season is incredible. Q took one of the most explosive offensive players in the league and put cement blocks on his feet. That was one of the worst coaching decision of that season. And it lasted nearly the entire goddamn year. And we've seen this season what he's capable of doing with a competent center. He'd probably be winning the Art Ross and maybe even the Hart if he didn't get hurt.

The team, too much of the time, succeeds in spite of Q's decisions, not because of them. That was the biggest example from last year.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
So because he played Handzus on the 2nd line he's got to get fired? Don't get me wrong, Handzus was slow, but was pretty good in his own zone and in the faceoff circle.

For a guy who is filled to the brim with Corsi stats, you'd think you'd notice that Kane has a worse Corsi On ice stats this year then he did last year with the anchor of Handzus.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
It's Q's fault Saad is a complete pussy that won't go anywhere along the boards to take a hit to make a play

Variable

Liked Posts:
One of these days you will actually point out something I actually posted and then I'll have to actually explain why I said it. That day has not yet arrived. I didn't say he deserved to be fired. I said I wouldn't mind a different head coach. I've said that are several problems the Hawks have that are related to what Q does and that a lot of times they succeed in spite of the decisions he makes. I've said this season that I hoped he's learned from the horrible mistakes he made during the last playoff going into this year's playoff. The type of mistakes that he DIDN'T make just the year before when they won the Cup against Boston. Or maybe that wasn't even his call, who the fuck knows. Like I said, we know Scotty had a lot to do with making up the lines the first time around they won the Cup, so who knows.

But knowing all that, all you say is "Two Cups". Look, if you don't want to actually discuss coaching decisions or criticisms, fine. Don't discuss them. But this is sort of the wrong place to be if you want everyone to just line up and have the same exact opinions and can't look beyond "Two Cups".

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Tell me specifically what decisions were taken out of Q's hands when they won the cup and specifically how you know as a fact they happened. Who in the organization told you this/that happened

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:

Constantly slotting guys in the wrong roles. Overplaying washed up dinosaurs. Constant double standards. Lack of tolerance for rookies learning the game and making inevitable mistakes. Inability to coach the PP or offensive side of the game. He doesn't seem to understand at all what players fit well with other players. The constant line juggling.

Look at the Hayes brothers and Pirri. Pirri has 20 goals and 11 in his last 14. Q hated him because he was an offense first player. Hayes has 18 and was never given ANY kind of a shot on this team. The Hawks are slowly becoming a team that young offensive minded players are going to avoid like the plague.

TT on the 4th line tonight. Because he is so physical and so great defensively. Versteeg once again on the top line even though he has been fucking USELESS since Kane got hurt. Rozsival will end up playing 20+ again tonight.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
They came an OT goal away from returning to the cup finals and Handzus is the "one word" problem with Q - who scored an OT goal in that same series

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Hawks would have won the cup if they could play with a lead at all....... How many blown leads in that LA series? Been a consistent problem his entire tenure here.

Q has played Richards and Vermette both at wing in the last two games while Shaw plays center. Why exactly?

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Who would Hayes have bumped in the top 6 wingers last year?

Hossa, Sharp, Shaw, Kane, Saad and Bickell. I know, I know, Bickell. Move Bickell and they don't sniff the Conf finals without his production

The next time Hayes or Pirri - two players notorious brother sense of entitlement - make the playoffs in their entire professional career, will be their first visit there.

You think Bickell is inconsistent? See what FLA thinks of Hayes

Variable

Liked Posts:
They came an OT goal away from returning to the cup finals and Handzus is the "one word" problem with Q - who scored an OT goal in that same series

That's fine. He just shouldn't have EVER been in that role as second line center. The difference that was made when Q took his head out of his ass and finally moved him is impossible to ignore. Maybe if he had done it sooner, with literally ANYONE, that series may have gone the other way. Something as simple as that, that everyone knew had to happen, took him that damn long to realize. Yeah that one word problem "Handzus" was a huge ongoing problem for the Hawks last season. You're the only person I've ever seen downplay that.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
One of these days you will actually point out something I actually posted and then I'll have to actually explain why I said it. That day has not yet arrived. I didn't say he deserved to be fired. I said I wouldn't mind a different head coach. I've said that are several problems the Hawks have that are related to what Q does and that a lot of times they succeed in spite of the decisions he makes. I've said this season that I hoped he's learned from the horrible mistakes he made during the last playoff going into this year's playoff. The type of mistakes that he DIDN'T make just the year before when they won the Cup against Boston. Or maybe that wasn't even his call, who the fuck knows. Like I said, we know Scotty had a lot to do with making up the lines the first time around they won the Cup, so who knows.

But knowing all that, all you say is "Two Cups". Look, if you don't want to actually discuss coaching decisions or criticisms, fine. Don't discuss them. But this is sort of the wrong place to be if you want everyone to just line up and have the same exact opinions and can't look beyond "Two Cups".

What's funny (or sad) is I didn't mention anything about "Two Cups" in my response to you. Pot, meet kettle.

Variable

Liked Posts:
You bring it up nearly every time somebody dares to criticize Q. That's what your argument always eventually boils down to. "Well he's won 2 Cups..." It's happened already on this page.