If we don't win the cup this year...

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stan Blowman needs to go. He's done so little to help this team since he took it over from Tallon and a hell of alot to hurt it. Handzus, Richards, Bring Versteeg back, Vermette so far, the list goes on. He trades all of our prospects for old dinosaurs or late round picks that likely won't turn into any thing. Remember Toews, Kane, Seabrook, and Keith were Tallon's doing, not Blowman's. Unfortunate that Stan gets all the credit. What has this moron done to fix our team? Cup or bust for the guy who's ironically named after the greatest trophy in sports.

I have alot of faith that this team can still make a run but I've lost all faith in Blowman.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Capt. Srs is that you?

Nope. I'm not a little cunt that tries to get people banned just because I don't like them. I just don't think Bowman is a good idea moving forward.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wonder what your thoughts were in 2011 when the team had to wait and see if they were going to be #8 seed.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who would be a better replacement for Bowman and Q?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I don't look at the current mess that the Blackhawks are in and think the GM is the top problem.

I think it may be Q.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Stan Blowman needs to go. He's done so little to help this team since he took it over from Tallon and a hell of alot to hurt it. Handzus, Richards, Bring Versteeg back, Vermette so far, the list goes on. He trades all of our prospects for old dinosaurs or late round picks that likely won't turn into any thing. Remember Toews, Kane, Seabrook, and Keith were Tallon's doing, not Blowman's. Unfortunate that Stan gets all the credit. What has this moron done to fix our team? Cup or bust for the guy who's ironically named after the greatest trophy in sports.

I have alot of faith that this team can still make a run but I've lost all faith in Blowman.

Well, after the great purge of 2010, he was able to bring in more talent then we had from that cup year to win us our 2nd cup in 4 years. He's had teams finish the season as cup winners twice, WC finalists once, and 2 1st round exits.

He's built one of the best prospect/minor league depth in the entire league, has drafted quite well while also being able to turn those picks into depth (jury is still out since most prospects need more than 3 years to develop) but we've gotten TT, Saad, Nordstrom, and Shaw from that.

He's also built a team that is a contender year after year and had Kane not gone down with an injury, we'd probably be in 1st for the conference.

He was able to get rid of Bollig for a 3rd! Round pick, John Scott for a 5th rounder, Troy Brouwer for a 1st, got Frolik for 3 minor leaguers, and got Leddy for Barker.

But none of that matters because he signed Handzus who was unfortunately put in a role that the team at the time needed him to play but he wasn't at that point in his career anymore, brought back Versteeg who has had a decent season for a 3rd liner after bouncing back from injury, got Brad Richards for dirt cheap and a total of 35 points for a guy who has bounced around the lineup so much and brought in Vermette as the Hawks still needed a 2nd line C and had lost their top playmaker for a prospect who we currently have quite a bit of depth at his position, and a draft pick.

I guess my question for you is, what the fuck do you want a GM to be doing? Would you rather they sat back and waited on prospects when they needed known quantities at that point or would you rather him make moves to try and better his team at that time when it was needed?

StanBo isn't the problem, nor do I think Q is, just a bit of a slump especially after you lose your best scoring forward, who is arguably in the top 5 in the league.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

TCD

Liked Posts:
Coaches and GMs dont get fired when the teams best player goes down with a major injury at a critical time.

If a firing was to happen though it would be Q first.

Variable

Liked Posts:
I think some of Bowman's mistakes come from trying to get players Q will actually play. Like that Versteeg trade should've probably never happened. But Q was fucking dressing Brookbank as a forward so something had to be done. Bollig should've never been re-signed to that asinine contract, but he was able to rectify that by somehow getting a 3rd rounder for him. But he also overpaid for Bickell and gave him a limited NTC, which is going to come back to bite him in the ass probably this offseason. And he gave out a huge goalie contract which you just don't do anymore when you have a good enough team like the Hawks had in front of the goalie. I think he's made more good moves than bad, and some of his bad moves are tied into trying to appease Q.

I wouldn't mind a different head coach though.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think some of Bowman's mistakes come from trying to get players Q will actually play. Like that Versteeg trade should've probably never happened. But Q was fucking dressing Brookbank as a forward so something had to be done. Bollig should've never been re-signed to that asinine contract, but he was able to rectify that by somehow getting a 3rd rounder for him. But he also overpaid for Bickell and gave him a limited NTC, which is going to come back to bite him in the ass probably this offseason. And he gave out a huge goalie contract which you just don't do anymore when you have a good enough team like the Hawks had in front of the goalie. I think he's made more good moves than bad, and some of his bad moves are tied into trying to appease Q.

I wouldn't mind a different head coach though.

Is Bickell overpaid ? Any GM in the league (even you because you like to play one on the internet) would have given him that contract under those circumstances at that time. Would they now ? Hell no, but to criticize Stan for that signing based on hindsight isn't really a fair assessment. Stan got burned on that one for sure, it would ease the pain if bigfoot could return to form now. As far as the Crawford contract, I know thats your 2nd favorite after Bickells. You seem to think a 1.5 mil per goalie is going to pop up out of nowhere and do as well as Crow. :wacko:

TCD

Liked Posts:
So Q forced Stans hand to pay Bickell and Crawford those contracts? Q was there when negotiating was taking place btw team management and the players agents?

I didnt understand your post as setting examples of how stans signings and deals were related to doing so under Qs wishes. Versteeg isnt a good example because that was a GMs dream deal when the other team is picking up half salary. I doubt that had as much to do with Qs wishes and was more so an accounting bonus. Everyone thought steeg coming back was a good risk at the time esp when the team was only paying half salary. Both Q and stan got their guy on that one. Wouldnt have happened unless florida was taking half salary...had less to do about the player and more to do about the savings. Was a good GM move and worth the risk. Still worth it? Sure why not..im not going to deabte that aspect.

Coaches and GMs do indeed talk bit at the end of the day its a GMs decision. Thats what GMs get paid to do make the final decision based on the information they are given. Q is just one fish in that think tank. Stan is the final say under ownership. Q doesnt handle cap or accounting, Q doesnt get final say in trades and draft picks. Q is too busy coaching, watching tapes, talking to his own coaching staff about coaching decisions and traveling with the team all the time. Just outstanding how fans dont understand what coaches do and what GMs do. They actually dont work as close together as people think.

Variable

Liked Posts:
So Q forced Stans hand to pay Bickell and Crawford those contracts? Q was there when negotiating was taking place btw team management and the players agents?

I didnt understand your post as setting examples of how stans signings and deals were related to doing so under Qs wishes. Versteeg isnt a good example because that was a GMs dream deal when the other team is picking up half salary. I doubt that had as much to do with Qs wishes and was more so an accounting bonus. Everyone thought steeg coming back was a good risk at the time esp when the team was only paying half salary. Both Q and stan got their guy on that one. Wouldnt have happened unless florida was taking half salary...had less to do about the player and more to do about the savings. Was a good GM move and worth the risk. Still worth it? Sure why not..im not going to deabte that aspect.

Coaches and GMs do indeed talk bit at the end of the day its a GMs decision. Thats what GMs get paid to do make the final decision based on the information they are given. Q is just one fish in that think tank. Stan is the final say under ownership.

No I never said that about Bickell or Crawford, those two were Stan's missteps. Versteeg though, yeah I would say that was heavily influenced by Q's insistence of playing a 7th d-man (who isn't even in the league anymore) as a third line forward. It wouldn't have hurt as much if Q hadn't kept dressing Versteeg while he was absolute dogshit and had no business being on the ice during the playoffs, but that's on Q, not Stan.

Like I said, a lot of what has happened with some of the moves Stan made might come out looking bad on him, but it's really more because of Q. Like with Handzus, yet another player not in the league. That signing for a "dinosaur" should've been for nothing more than a role of a bottom six/4th line center/PKer. But Q used him as 2nd line center for the majority of the season and in doing so handcuffed one of the league's most dynamic offensive players. I would hope that's not what Stan signed him for, but that's what Q made Handzus into. Not a whole lot Stan can do about that.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Is Bickell overpaid ? Any GM in the league (even you because you like to play one on the internet) would have given him that contract under those circumstances at that time. Would they now ? Hell no, but to criticize Stan for that signing based on hindsight isn't really a fair assessment. Stan got burned on that one for sure, it would ease the pain if bigfoot could return to form now. As far as the Crawford contract, I know thats your 2nd favorite after Bickells. You seem to think a 1.5 mil per goalie is going to pop up out of nowhere and do as well as Crow. :wacko:

I'm sure there would've been (and were) teams that were willing to give that kind of money to Bickell, possibly even more. That still doesn't make it a smart signing. Then or now. That's like Toronto saying "Well team X was going to give Clarkson that type of money too, so we're not alone in thinking that..." No they weren't alone. There are always a lot of dumb, bad signings. Every single year. Bickell was one of them. We knew what Bickell was, he wasn't going to magically change. There's always a playoff hero that gets overpaid. That doesn't mean you HAVE to be the one who does it too.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would I be incorrect in presuming that as Senior Advisor to Hockey Operations, Scotty acts as a sort of backstop to Stan's decisions?

Variable

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure at one point he did more than that, think he was eventually making up Q's lines for him at some point during their first Cup run.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
He still retains that position/title, does he not?