Minnesota's remaining schedule: (44-25-7) 95 pts
Screen%20Shot%202015-03-31%20at%2012.21.09%20AM.png

St. Louis' remaining schedule: (46-23-7) 99 pts
Screen%20Shot%202015-03-31%20at%2012.19.54%20AM.png

Chicago's remaining schedule: (46-24-6) 98 pts
Screen%20Shot%202015-03-31%20at%2012.19.21%20AM.png

Nashville's remaining schedule (47-22-8) 102pts
Screen%20Shot%202015-03-31%20at%2012.20.31%20AM.png

I keep trying to positive rep this, but it says I need to "spread [it] around before giving it to BlackHawkPaul again."

So... I'm gonna go have a smoke and maybe grab a bite to eat before I give "it" to you again, Paul.

:rolling:

Last edited:

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oduya won't be on third pairing though. Unless he's playing absolutely terrible, which if he is then the Hawks have huge problems. We all know what Keith and Seabs bring, we know what Hammer and Oduya have been in the last few years, so if Oduya continues to play well and just one of Rozi/Timonen/Rundblad can be....semi-decent in the playoffs on that third pairing, then they'll be in good shape.

I didn't say Johnny O would be on the 3rd line. My point was that if Roszival and whoever he is paired with #5 or#6 (not Oduya) stink it up, then the top 2 pairs (whatever combination of K,S,O,H)will see heavier minutes. So in a backward ass way M.R. is pretty damn important.

It is the same way every year just not real good play from the 3rd pairing, so the top 4 guys carry a lot of minutes.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Well Q basically only plays 5 d-men in the playoffs anyway. So as I said, if just one out of the potential 3 players that will play third pairing can just not be horrible all the time, which I don't think is a lot to ask, they'll be good to go.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Rozi being bad isn't nearly as big a loss as Oduya being bad would be. Its not the end of the world if he cant play well for a third pair d man but they're fucked if Oduya can't play well in the role he's in.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Losing Kane really REALLY hurt. I know that I am not telling you guys anything but this is not the same team without Patrick Kane who was headed for the MVP award as far as I am concerned. I hope that I am wrong but the Cup to me is the hardest championship in all of sports to win and I just don't think that they have enough unless Crawford becomes magical again:(

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Losing Kane really REALLY hurt. I know that I am not telling you guys anything but this is not the same team without Patrick Kane who was headed for the MVP award as far as I am concerned. I hope that I am wrong but the Cup to me is the hardest championship in all of sports to win and I just don't think that they have enough unless Crawford becomes magical again:(

If they play hockey like they did against the Kings on Monday they will be fine... especially if the Oduya/Hammer pairing can get back to being a lockdown 2nd D pairing

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Yes, Kane is great, and the best player on the team, but hey guess what, this team has a lot of great stars and they are the same team without him, as a matter of fact before that game the had played 60 games to a record of 35-20-5. For a total of 75 out of a possible 120 points. That's equals 62.5 percent of possible points. While since that day they have played 15 games if my math is correct and they have gone 10-4-1. for a total of 21 out of a possible 30 points. Or 70 percent of the possible points during this time. So you can cry and worry all you want, but as a team they've actually come together to over compensate for the loss and actually do better so far without him. Does that mean I don't want him back, hell no, but as long as they continue to play strong until he's fully healthy great, then get him back and watch his ride fresh legs.

TCD

Liked Posts:
All they have to do is believe and play hard and have fun

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never understood where "Hammer" comes from, seems more like the nail. (a damn good nail)

But yeah....I personally think it should be Hammer and Timonen on line 2. And Oduya as the 5th, wish we could get a final look at TVR

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I never understood where "Hammer" comes from, seems more like the nail. (a damn good nail)

But yeah....I personally think it should be Hammer and Timonen on line 2. And Oduya as the 5th, wish we could get a final look at TVR

Unfortunately that's not going to happen. About to start another thread for this ... he got hurt again.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rozi being bad isn't nearly as big a loss as Oduya being bad would be. Its not the end of the world if he cant play well for a third pair d man but they're fucked if Oduya can't play well in the role he's in.

Definitely. Hammer and Oduya are the Hawks top shut-down defensive pairing, by far. They will, and should, receive the toughest defensive assignments on a nightly-basis. Plus, those two being together and playing well make what Duncs and Seabs do best, possible.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
There is no justification to separating Hammer and Oduya that makes sense. It limits the team to do it completely. You might say if come playoffs you want Keith-Seabs together then you do worry about Kimo-Rozi/whoever is on the pair but Oduya-Rozi is just as worth worrying about if you put that out for some time. That's what the pair was when Oduya was really at his worse this season in the stretches before his injury. The combo of Oduya-Hammer is so significantly stronger than anything made up by having some decent split pair groups by them.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is no justification to separating Hammer and Oduya that makes sense. It limits the team to do it completely. You might say if come playoffs you want Keith-Seabs together then you do worry about Kimo-Rozi/whoever is on the pair but Oduya-Rozi is just as worth worrying about if you put that out for some time. That's what the pair was when Oduya was really at his worse this season in the stretches before his injury. The combo of Oduya-Hammer is so significantly stronger than anything made up by having some decent split pair groups by them.

Exactly. Oduya can't play his game when he's also gotta worry about covering Rozi's ass. It forces him to over-think instead of merely reacting to the play in front of him, effectively keeping him on his heels.

Rozi's always on his heels regardless of -- well, anything.

Last edited:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly. Oduya can't play his game when he's also gotta worry about covering Rozi's ass. It forces him to over-think instead of merely reacting to the play in front of him, effectively keeping him on his heels.

Rozi's always on his heels regardless of -- well, anything.

But Hammer is always on his toes.
He cracks me up. He goes so many games with hardly a hit and out of the blue he just CRUSHES someone. You never know when it's coming, but it happens every year. At least one HUGE hit.