QBs Destined For 2016 Relocation

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I would love to see Cutler have a 4 year stretch like Gannon did in Oakland. That would be the best 4 straight seasons he has ever put together, if he could accomplish that. Unfortunately players accomplishing what Gannon did that late in their careers after playing like a mediocre pile of dung is not common...it's actually pretty rare. Some would even call it an anomaly. But we can all once again hope that this will be the season Cutler finally "gets it".

#calledit

Just because Gannon did it doesn't mean Cutler will, but I specifically left that out of my analysis of his situation because I'm not here to argue with trolls about Cutler potentially having his BEST FOOTBALL YEAR EVER. I'm just #callingit and if I'm wrong, it's everyone else's loss because the Bears will have done really poorly when 2015 is all played out. Haters can hate, trolls can troll, but my reasoning for him playing his best football of his ENTIRE LIFE is sound. It's SOUND!

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this is it for Cutler. Perform or not only be out of Chicago but he'll struggle to get a starting job anywhere in the league. The only option he has is to perform at a very high level. But since that hasn't happened before with him for the Bears I think he's gone. Depending on his attitude and performance he might not even be starting at the end of the season. I'm more concerned who is QB in 16.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love to see Cutler have a 4 year stretch like Gannon did in Oakland. That would be the best 4 straight seasons he has ever put together, if he could accomplish that. Unfortunately players accomplishing what Gannon did that late in their careers after playing like a mediocre pile of dung is not common...it's actually pretty rare. Some would even call it an anomaly. But we can all once again hope that this will be the season Cutler finally "gets it".

I agree Gannon's late success is not common.

But pretend you could compare Gannon after 9 seasons and Cutler after 9 seasons and then bet on who you thought would go on to 4 Pro Bowls.

9 year Gannon:
56.4%, 7218 yards, 43 TD's, 43 INT's

Cutler:
61.7%, 27,749 yards, 183 TD's, 130 INT's

Cutler is the better QB, not just by the numbers. I'm optimistic for Jay to be highly successful. I just hope it is not with the Bears.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I agree Gannon's late success is not common.

But pretend you could compare Gannon after 9 seasons and Cutler after 9 seasons and then bet on who you thought would go on to 4 Pro Bowls.

9 year Gannon:
56.4%, 7218 yards, 43 TD's, 43 INT's

Cutler:
61.7%, 27,749 yards, 183 TD's, 130 INT's

Cutler is the better QB, not just by the numbers. I'm optimistic for Jay to be highly successful. I just hope it is not with the Bears.

The point is Gannon's late success is unheard of, no one could have predicted that...not even Gannon. So to use Gannon as an example of how Cutler can turn it around after 9 years is weak. Trust me I hope I am wrong, nothing would make me happier than to be wrong...I just don't see it happening.

Two of Gannon's best seasons were under Trestman. The Bears should hire him to help fix Cutler!!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
#calledit

Just because Gannon did it doesn't mean Cutler will, but I specifically left that out of my analysis of his situation because I'm not here to argue with trolls about Cutler potentially having his BEST FOOTBALL YEAR EVER. I'm just #callingit and if I'm wrong, it's everyone else's loss because the Bears will have done really poorly when 2015 is all played out. Haters can hate, trolls can troll, but my reasoning for him playing his best football of his ENTIRE LIFE is sound. It's SOUND!

IF they don't put together a good running game, they are doomed with Cutler back there to fuck things up once more.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The point is Gannon's late success is unheard of, no one could have predicted that...not even Gannon. So to use Gannon as an example of how Cutler can turn it around after 9 years is weak. Trust me I hope I am wrong, nothing would make me happier than to be wrong...I just don't see it happening.

Two of Gannon's best seasons were under Trestman. The Bears should hire him to help fix Cutler!!

Don't get me wrong, I get your point.

And you are right in that no one could have predicted Gannon's success. Gannon was a bum for 11 seasons.

Cutler has potential. I know that story is getting old to Bears fans but it's true. And unlike Gannon, people have been predicting success for Cutler. I think Michael Irvin predicted that he would be MVP last season. I know I personally thought he'd make the Pro Bowl. Cutler's going to prove his growing number of doubters wrong one of these years. I hope it's in his 12th season playing for the Raiders :)

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And you are right in that no one could have predicted Gannon's success. Gannon was a bum for 11 seasons.

Cutler has potential. I know that story is getting old to Bears fans but it's true. And unlike Gannon, people have been predicting success for Cutler.

Cutler is a national joke to almost memetic levels. He doesn't have potential, he has a big arm. Potential is having or showing the capacity to become or develop into something in the future (per the dictionary); Cutler has already demonstrated repeatedly that his flaws far outweigh his talent at the NFL level. In the past he teased coaches with his arm. This time it's just the contract. As soon as Pace cans him (probably ater 2015), he's done.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler is a national joke to almost memetic levels. He doesn't have potential, he has a big arm. Potential is having or showing the capacity to become or develop into something in the future (per the dictionary); Cutler has already demonstrated repeatedly that his flaws far outweigh his talent at the NFL level. In the past he teased coaches with his arm. This time it's just the contract. As soon as Pace cans him (probably ater 2015), he's done.

What did you see in Cutler when you thought he was definitely better than Rodgers? Just the strong arm? You defended him to death over a strong arm? That's kind of dumb.

He has potential. You saw it. I see it. It's there. He'll prove you wrong.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What did you see in Cutler when you thought he was definitely better than Rodgers? Just the strong arm? You defended him to death over a strong arm? That's kind of dumb.

He has potential. You saw it. I see it. It's there. He'll prove you wrong.

Of course, and yes I once thought so too, as you know, but he's just shown too much to the contrary. I realized he wasn't who I thought he was after a couple of seasons here and I got off the wagon and have been hoping for better ever since. It's that simple.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course, and yes I once thought so too, as you know, but he's just shown too much to the contrary. I realized he wasn't who I thought he was after a couple of seasons here and I got off the wagon and have been hoping for better ever since. It's that simple.

It's not that simple. You took a leap off the Jay wagon and onto the hate train. Jay has been a good to average QB in the NFL. You seek greatness. Hall of fame greatness. I don't get your expectations from the QB position much like I don't get your love for the above average back that is Matt Forte.

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
It's not that simple. You took a leap off the Jay wagon and onto the hate train. Jay has been a good to average QB in the NFL. You seek greatness. Hall of fame greatness. I don't get your expectations from the QB position much like I don't get your love for the above average back that is Matt Forte.

Cutler had the most interceptions in the league. How about just seeking non-awfulness... it is that simple.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's not that simple. You took a leap off the Jay wagon and onto the hate train. Jay has been a good to average QB in the NFL. You seek greatness.

This is just as wrong as it was the last time you said it. There's a gulf of space between greatness and a fundamentally awful turnover machine.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is just as wrong as it was the last time you said it. There's a gulf of space between greatness and a fundamentally awful turnover machine.

Yeah. Ignore the 191 Touchdowns and 85.2 passer rating. He's been a solid quarterback.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah. Ignore the 191 Touchdowns and 85.2 passer rating. He's been a solid quarterback.

Ok, well not too many people agree with you, including me.

His flaws transcend the stats (which are mediocre anyway).

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, well not too many people agree with you, including me.

His flaws transcend the stats (which are mediocre anyway).

Do you know who Dave Krieg is? He ended up with a 19 year NFL Career. My memory of him was being a solid QB. He was a 3 time pro-bowler. He fumbled 153 times and only started 175 games. His QB rating was 81.5. You are grasping for greatness instead of accepting above average. It's sad. Did you not watch Krenzell, Quinn, Orton, Grossman, the million others?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Meh. Cutler would be better if he was just average. Problem is, he's one of those bipolar QBs. Yes, when you look the sum total of his stats, they look better than decent. But thats only because you are evening out the peaks and valleys.

At the end of the day, Cutler just isn't consistent enough to be reliable.

And thats not even getting into the leadership and locker room shit. Cutler has shown time and again that he will clam up when shit starts going haywire. Dude says fuck it too easy.