Jahlil Okafor is slipping b/c he reminds too many of Eddy Curry!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One of the things that could help these players that have the talent to possibly go to the NBA and play would be a health insurance and earnings insurance contract that would cover them if they become severely hurt before their professional careers begin. I think that many of these young players think that if they do not sign with a pro team as soon as possible that they might lose everything if they get hurt. It isn't the only factor in a player's decision but I think that it is a significant one.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
One of the things that could help these players that have the talent to possibly go to the NBA and play would be a health insurance and earnings insurance contract that would cover them if they become severely hurt before their professional careers begin. I think that many of these young players think that if they do not sign with a pro team as soon as possible that they might lose everything if they get hurt. It isn't the only factor in a player's decision but I think that it is a significant one.

They already get that through Lloyd's of London. The bigger incentive is the bias against older players and the preference of potentiial over production.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For different reasons and with different actions required on the part of Bulls management, I'd love the Bulls to wind up with somehow one or more of Kaminsky, Sebonis, Huzinja, and Diop when the end of the draft and the corresponding trade stuff occurs.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i fear they take Kaminsky

last thing this team needs is another unauthentic white guy

a Gasol/Frank frontline would be toilet tissue soft

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

At the moment Frank is hovering around 17th.. We would be picking 21st at the moment.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
yikes Frank gave him big issues last night

he did come on late and hit 2 big buckets before he was regulated to the bench because he can't shoot freethrows....but was pretty ghostly up until that point...was in foul trouble and missed a few easy buckets

hes def got skill in the post but he'll be flawed...not a guy #1 option guy

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
yikes Frank gave him big issues last night

he did come on late and hit 2 big buckets before he was regulated to the bench because he can't shoot freethrows....but was pretty ghostly up until that point...was in foul trouble and missed a few easy buckets

hes def got skill in the post but he'll be a flawed...not a guy #1 option guy
And NBA defenses have taken away much of the post offense game that was traditional throughout much of the NBA after the rule changes. This decade they've finally adjusted to it and while having a low post man is nice, its much more a perimeter game these days and Okafor doesn't bring that and the fact he's an awful free throw shooter, and not a bruiser (aka BIG like Shaq) will bring him problems as a rookie.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At the moment Frank is hovering around 17th.. We would be picking 21st at the moment.

Kaminski would be an awesome pick-up.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Gasol is on the tail end of his career. Kaminski would be a very solid pick-up. BTW, what do you mean about a player being unauthentic and what does white have to do with it?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Okafor will be just another big slow piece of NBA meat. The league has evolved way beyond those kind of guys. He has virtually no skill and it is a skill league.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Okafor will be just another big slow piece of NBA meat. The league has evolved way beyond those kind of guys. He has virtually no skill and it is a skill league.

I won't go that far. There will always be a place for post guys. At best he is Al Jefferson, at worst he is Eddy Curry. It will depend on how bad he wants it.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I've always been for it. But I understand the legal reasons for being against it. But the NFL gets away with it, so why cant' the NBA?

The NFL 'gets away with it' because the age limit is collectively bargained. Generally speaking, collective bargained agreements between unions and employers are exempt from antitrust legislation. There is nothing stopping the NBA from doing the same thing if both sides want it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Kaminsky will have a long NBA career.