The Crosstown Beatdown(WARNING: You are entering a war zone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Just sayin'.

Right. The cubs swept the Mets who are .5 games out of first place in their division, who are beating the pulp out of the 1st place Cardinals. The truth is that no one knows what SOS actually is until the season is over.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Right. The cubs swept the Mets who are .5 games out of first place in their division, who are beating the pulp out of the 1st place Cardinals. The truth is that no one knows what SOS actually is until the season is over.
True.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Our winning streak that was three games ago was against the worst teams in baseball. :(

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I have to say I find it quite satisfying that my 'meh' at all the Sox moves outside of Melky this offseason was justified.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Today is the day we have all been looking forward too, as the MLB's Chicago Cubs take on the Triple A Minor League White Sox. Should be a good one.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

SOS in professional sports is almost a non factor. The Cubs have a bevy of games coming up against sub .500 teams, and they weathered a pretty tough blip in their schedule. Should be prime time to start padding the win column in the next few weeks.

Is there a sight that breaks down head to head matchups in grid format? I thought ESPN used to do that, but didn't find any resources there.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Other than the walks, I like everything about Carlos Rodon. And the walks seem like something he can correct.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Other than the walks, I like everything about Carlos Rodon. And the walks seem like something he can correct.

Two shut-outs in a row!

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Today is the day we have all been looking forward too, as the MLB's Chicago Cubs take on the Triple A Minor League White Sox. Should be a good one.
Well put...how 'bout a high 5?
CJlpZ_bUYAEEUha.jpg

nelson-2.jpg

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

So does this mean the Cubs are AA now?

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Not necessarily. Typically, AA has better pure talent. But then again, we are speaking of the cubs.

What was actually somewhat saddening about yesterday's game, was that the cubs honored a 102 year old vet before the game...then proceeded to fulfill his lifetime expectations.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, as bad as the Sox have played this year, it is still great to know that the little Cubbies get overwhelmed by them:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like the Saladino kid. He showed well in the minors and spring training also. I hope he sticks. He's got some pop as well as hits for a decent average.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I agree. Its a nice rotation other than the back end. I still hope that they can trade Danks for a good young prospect. Be nice if they can bring Buerhle back next season and really nail down the rotation going forward.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Nope. Cubs still have the better record, the better team and the better playoff chances

Well, as bad as the Sox have played this year, it is still great to know that the little Cubbies get overwhelmed by them:)

I like the Saladino kid. He showed well in the minors and spring training also. I hope he sticks. He's got some pop as well as hits for a decent average.

I agree. Its a nice rotation other than the back end. I still hope that they can trade Danks for a good young prospect. Be nice if they can bring Buerhle back next season and really nail down the rotation going forward.

All of this could have fit into one post, little one.

Status
Not open for further replies.