Best Division in Baseball...the AL Central?

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
The talking heads on Comcast sports net, if you live in the area, Say the AL central is tougher than the NL central FWIW

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think preseason it is definitely the AL Central, but games aren't played on paper. Need to revisit this thread at the end of the season.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think that the central is a strong division at all. It may be balanced but being balanced isn't necessarily being strong. The NL West is the best division in baseball.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just may have been wrong about the Central being the best division in baseball. Amazing start by the Royals and Tigers. COme-on Reiny, pony up some dough and make this season a fun one to watch!

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just may have been wrong about the Central being the best division in baseball. Amazing start by the Royals and Tigers. COme-on Reiny, pony up some dough and make this season a fun one to watch!

Didn't you guys say they took some BIG steps backward?

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
One could definitely make an argument that the Central is the best. The only thing holding them down is the Twins, which is the worst baseball team in the league IMO

The Tigers are still the best team in the division, and probably the 3rd best in the AL. Their competition would be the AL West and NL Central for best division. I'd probably hand the West the slight edge though. Too early to really say though.

The Twins are the worst team by far though in the AL, likely the league

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No division with the White Sox and Twins in it can possibly be considered the best.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't you guys say they took some BIG steps backward?

I didn't. I just didn't think that they were this good. That young catcher of theirs is, to me , a GREAT PLAYER. And I watched some of their series with the Angels and that kid they have playing short-stop is also becoming a great player. He made a back-hand play in the hole on an extremely tough hop and threw out Trout by a step who was steaming down the line. I really doubt many short-stops in baseball could have made that play. I'm not one given to many superlatives, but those two guys really have impressed me.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
So much for my prediction that the Royals were a cute little team that wouldn't make noise for another 30 years