Jordan Mills

kemuon

Liked Posts:
I think everyone forgets that Jordan mills showed plenty of potential and talent his rookie year then didn't have an offseason to train before last year, when the entire line except Long played poorly. He could very well be a quality starter and there would be no reason for any of the move Long to tackle talk in the first place.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think the Bears need to get younger across the OL, I believe they will draft an OT and a G/C in this draft.

The Kaiser

Liked Posts:
Mills regressed big time. That happens. And he wasn't that good as a rookie, he just was surprisingly not bad. Also, he got a lot of TE and 3rd tackle help in passing situations. After last season I think most of us have seen Mills' ceiling and it ain't too exciting. B

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I think everyone forgets that Jordan mills showed plenty of potential and talent his rookie year then didn't have an offseason to train before last year, when the entire line except Long played poorly. He could very well be a quality starter and there would be no reason for any of the move Long to tackle talk in the first place.

If by "plenty of potential and talent" you meant "plenty of potential and talent as a burger flipper", then yes, I see your point.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
mills actually played adequately after coming back from injury last year. overall he's been pretty bad but i think he'll be allowed to compete for a spot at least this season. don't see the bears investing heavily in the position so unless they move long to tackle mills has a good chance of starting in my opinion.

i also wonder if moving to a more run based offense won't help him.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Mills really wasn't that great his rookie year. I mean the whole line otherwise played great, and it was more like "oh hey, he's a rookie and not terrible"...but he wasn't great, not even good I would say.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wasn't he hurt for most of the season? Seems like the team should let him get healthy and see how much progress he can make before shit-canning him

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
All that being said, I've seen some tweets from Kyle Long with him and Mills, and Mills looks to be working his ass off in the off season here, so I wouldn't write him off, but I also wouldn't pencil him in as a starter.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

He rookie season was not as good as some like to think. It was a little below average at best.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I would like to see mills get another shot. I think with a full offseason we are going to see Improvement. Even if he doesnt win the startin spot he can be good backup

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Should we sign a FA RT?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mills graded out as one of the worst Tackles in football his rookie year. He gave up a fuck ton of hurries but his sack numbers were low so a lot of people assumed his PFF grade was bullshit because in their eyes low sacks must be because a player is good. The reality is his rookie year, the QBs and scheme did a better job of not having his fuck ton of hurries end in sacks by getting rid of the ball. This past year, the QBs and scheme were not as helpful and those fuck ton of hurries turned into sacks but fundamentally he was the exact same player.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
I read that as "FART" before noticing the spacing and realizing it was an abbreviation.

Joke_over_your_head.jpg

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All that being said, I've seen some tweets from Kyle Long with him and Mills, and Mills looks to be working his ass off in the off season here, so I wouldn't write him off, but I also wouldn't pencil him in as a starter.

Its tough to assess an offensive lineman's play when he is hurt like Mills was. He was pretty good as a rookie starting at RT in his first season. Wonder if he could play center?

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yeah Jordan Mills is an old man

LOL, you think I don't know how long Jordan Mills has been with the Bears? OK.

My statement is a general one concerning the OL of the Chicago Bears. I never said anything about Mills being old. Do you feel the Bears are fine across the OL? I don't, whether Mills is healthy and decent or not. He showed potential his 1st season, but I view him more of a guy that can play multiple positions in a backup role.