Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shakes wrote:
And Miller is having second thoughts about taking less money to go to the Heat, guys want to get paid before the lockout and all ... says it's not a done deal yet and he's still listening to other teams.
Steal him now...

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Probably don't have space unless Redick isn't matched. I'd certainly be talking to him and asking him to wait and see on Redick though.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shakes wrote:
Probably don't have space unless Redick isn't matched. I'd certainly be talking to him and asking him to wait and see on Redick though.
That's true. If he's available, I certainly hope the Magic pull another Gortat on Redick and allow us to get Miller.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Miller is going to sign with Miami...supposedly their are minor complications to the agreement but he is supposed to sign.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We have interest in Raja Bell. About time his name came up.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
So do Orlando. Whoever doesn't get Redick gets Bell?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Read somewhere that the Lakers are close to reaching an agreement with Bell. Also, Livingston agreed to a deal with the Bobcats. Looks like he might be starting there, good for him.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Well if Reddick gets matched, which all indications are that he's going to be, we should just go after Brewer, Miller, & Dooling with the rest of our cap. Sure Brewer doesn't have the range, but he's 10x's better on defense, with better size & length. Dooling I feel is the best backup PG still out there, who also plays solid D. Bell will more than likely sign with LA.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Yeah good for Livingston, if he can stay healthy he can be a decent starter, so not really surprising he went where the minutes are. Considering Felton just got paid 7 million per year, 7 million over two years for Livingston isn't bad value if he's healthy.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Bell will be going to the Lakers,especially after sitting down and talking with Kobe

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Apparently he's going to the Jazz, since they offered him the most money.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Hard believe we couldn't be competitive with that.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
We were offering more per year, but I imagine the third guaranteed year with the Jazz made a difference. From what I've read it seems Korver and JJ's offer aren't guaranteed in the third year, which suggests we're keeping our options open to dump Deng and retool in 2012 FA if the way we've built this team doesn't work out.

Anyway looks like Brewer is going to be our SG, all the other options are off the table and JJ is going to be matched more likely than not. Hopefully Rose's boasting about being a three point shooter is true.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
We were offering more per year, but I imagine the third guaranteed year with the Jazz made a difference. From what I've read it seems Korver and JJ's offer aren't guaranteed in the third year, which suggests we're keeping our options open to dump Deng and retool in 2012 FA if the way we've built this team doesn't work out.

Anyway looks like Brewer is going to be our SG, all the other options are off the table and JJ is going to be matched more likely than not. Hopefully Rose's boasting about being a three point shooter is true.

Really 3 mill in 2012 would kill us? With Rose and Noah getting extended by then (or on the qo) we won't have a lot of room with Boozer. Even without Deng, thats gonna be close to three max deals.

Could be Tmac too. I'm really disappointed that we couldn't address the sg postion better.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Apparently the Sun Times thought it was so interesting that they made an article out of this: Korver bears a resemblance to Ashton Kutcher. I suppose it's a bit true, but still...really?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls hired Scottie as a team ambassador. Yeah, screw you DWade. We have loyalty. :lol:

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I just read it, too. Gotcha Mr. Wade! :D

I like that move it´s nice to see him on the Bulls team again.

Btw I wonder why Sloan is coaching the Jazz and not the Bulls.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Really 3 mill in 2012 would kill us? With Rose and Noah getting extended by then (or on the qo) we won't have a lot of room with Boozer. Even without Deng, thats gonna be close to three max deals.

Don't know how much space we'll have with the new CBA obviously, but if we lose Deng it should be in excess of 10 million. Not saying we will gun for cap space, but looks like we're setting ourselves up to have the option. Ever since Paxson came on board cap space flexibility has been something he's big on, so I'd expect that trend to continue.

Could be Tmac too. I'm really disappointed that we couldn't address the sg postion better.

TMac is useless, ball dominant stars don't become good role players. Besides which he was never a great shooter, although he chucked up shots like he was. That wasn't so bad when he had athleticism to also get to the line, but now he's just going to be really inefficient.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

What did you expect them to do that would have addressed the sg position?