IST: White Sox v Royals

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That game was a perfect example of how a score in a game can really misrepresent what actually happened in the game. Little broken bat dinks, dribbles between infielders, etc totally can skew a game. I left the game after it got to be 6-1 and don't know what happened after that but the Shark didn't pitch bad. He got unlucky and also made a couple of bad pitches that cost him. Stuff happens.

A couple of comments:

1. Flowers sucks. Weakest position over-all on the team. Poor offensively and defensively. I guess they will give Soto a chance to win the job at some point.

2. Abreau is going to have a tremendous year. Especially now that he has someone hitting behind him who can handle the bat.

3. K.C. is definitely going to be tough once again. Ventura is the real deal. HE throws strikes and gets ahead in the count and their BP is the best in the AL.

4. The Sox still need to bring in another starting pitcher and a quality reliever. THe fact that Cleto is still in the pen is a farce.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
It would be awesome if Flowers didn't suck this season.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Well that inning could've been a lot worse.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Is it the whole league or just the royals pitchers that get a 28" plate this year? I missed the rule change. :facepalm:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yup. Tune in lets you listen to pretty much every radio station in the US. If I didn't have that I would be so lost with sports because of my work schedule and no DVR.

You are outside of Chicago, right? Inside you get a replacement show.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Not going to win many games this year. Bullpen is awesome yet again.

jwmann2

Liked Posts:
Not surprised about Samardzija's performance, don't think he is a number 1. He's the 3rd best pitcher on the team and could be 4th if Rodon comes up. Nervous about the bullpen already.

Way too early to be having those concerns. We all knew plenty about Samarzija from his days with the Cubs. At least he didn't get blasted like Mat Latos did in the 1st inning.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Can't let every leadoff man on, Danks back to having one awful inning. :sigh:

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
That catch by Eaton was fucking ridiculous
Yes...yes it was.

CCLHTCBWgAAavvk.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CCLXgI6WAAEIWwt.mp4

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
You are outside of Chicago, right? Inside you get a replacement show.

I am. But my area gets all Chicago media. Even the same time zone as Chicago, while most of Indiana is in Eastern, NWI is in central. I do not have a radio or TV at work. So Tune In is a godsend.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I am. But my area gets all Chicago media. Even the same time zone as Chicago, while most of Indiana is in Eastern, NWI is in central. I do not have a radio or TV at work. So Tune In is a godsend.

Very lucky

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Where is everybody?

Don't you know a new series is going on?

Some people may be at the game. Most, however, are probably living their lives this weekend instead of play by play posting about a shitty team.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Undisputed, you need to be making some IST and sticking them as a mod.