IST: White Sox v Royals

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, the Royals are not going to be easy to replace as the AL champs having just blown out of Angels. Their pitching is thus far amazing and this team is solid all around. Yeah, they are hot right now offensively and that won't last like it has been going. But when you can throw the ball and make the plays defensively, you will be in a whole lot of games for a season.

That guy Ventura who shut the Sox down on the opener appears to be a pretty loose cannon. He stared down Trout after Trout got a hit through the middle against him and then Trout scored later on a double and Ventura got kind of got in his face at the plate and both benches emptied. Fun stuff to watch, really. I love guys who play with an edge and it looks like the Royals are telling the rest of the league, don't mess with us, we'll fuck you up.

Tigers also undefeated but they lost their Ace and their closer in their first series. Offense is carrying them.

SO..... Sox still need another starting pitcher not named Rodon and at least one middle innings reliever. Their middle relief stinks.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly, he's a good 3, but going to be over-matched on Opening Day. I'm sure Boston will give him $200 million after this season.

What I like about the guy is that he doesn't give the opposition a free pass. He throws strikes and makes them hit the ball to get on base. He is an innings eater. Yeah, he's a good number three starter and that is fine by me. They need another guy like him if they are going to stay with the front running Royals and Tigers.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
I'm just glad he can actually hold runners on without rifling...correction, lofting, the ball into right field and at least has an ERA under 7

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
SO..... Sox still need another starting pitcher not named Rodon and at least one middle innings reliever. Their middle relief stinks.

I don't think the Sox need another pitcher not named Rodon. After watching his Charlotte start, he will be up shortly and Danks or Noesi as the 5 is much more acceptable than Danks and Noesi as the 4 and 5.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think the Sox need another pitcher not named Rodon. After watching his Charlotte start, he will be up shortly and Danks or Noesi as the 5 is much more acceptable than Danks and Noesi as the 4 and 5.

I don't want Rodon brought up right now. Let him develop. Reiny's got the money, let him let Hahn figure out how to add a right handed starter to replace Danks in the rotation. I hate Danks and Noesi sucks also. They cannot let KC get too far ahead, even at this stage of the year. Hahn needs to do his thing inclduing middle inning relief.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
If Rodon gets called up, he immediately becomes at least the 3 best SP on the team. I think he has the ability to finish off his development in the MLB.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If Rodon gets called up, he immediately becomes at least the 3 best SP on the team. I think he has the ability to finish off his development in the MLB.

Too much pressure on the rookie. He's still got some control issues, but it would be an upgrade over Noesi

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
I believe they have stated that he will not do a bullpen stint a la Sale