"The Decision" for Bulls fans

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Is whether we quake in fear of how awesome the Heat are going to be in crushing the league 82-0, or whether we keep on believing we can actually win something. I think it's not only the era of the "superfriends", it can be a new era for the Bulls.

Yeah everyone expects the Heat to win. Good I say. The only time in the Paxson era anyone has expected anything from the Bulls we laid the turd of the 07-08 season. The Bulls have done their best work with their backs to the wall. How many times through the last 6 years have the Bulls looked dead and gone but rallied? I think everyone wanting to grant the next half a dozen titles to the Heat is exactly the atmosphere this team can thrive in.

We're well set here. You look at the leap Durant took, that Paul took, that Williams took in their third year. If Rose can take that leap, he's a top 10 player. We've upgraded massively at PF, and we still have 20 million or so to fix our shooting woes. We've also got a coach who is capable of turning our already good defense into league best. And unlike the Celtics, with this team missed shots wont result in 1000 offensive rebounds in game 7.

I just don't see our situation isn't hopeless. The Heat haven't won yet. They can be better than us on paper all they like, but you only have to win 4 games out of 7. And we can't focus on them too much anyway. Remember last year, how Cleveland built a team to beat Orlando? Turns out the Celtics killed them off before they even got a chance against Orlando.

We might not be favourites, but we're still building something here. Maybe we'll never be favourites, but we can hang around and you never know when your shot will happen. If we can beat the Heat "superfriends" would be just so massively satisfying, it's almost worth missing out on getting those guys. You think the Pistons kicking the butts of the media appointed Lakers championship team in 2004 wasn't awesome for their fans?

Speaking of fans: You look at all the things that Bulls fans have been divided on, Ben, Kirk, the 2010 plan, etc and they're all in the past now. Whatever differences remain are surely less than our hatred of the Heat.

So screw the negativity and screw Wade, screw Bosh and screw LeBron. If Noah says we're up to the challenge it must be true. A Frenchman knows when to retreat, and if he's still in then so am I. If it bleeds we can kill it.

mdot1986

Liked Posts:
Re:

Not afraid of Miami...beating them will be satisfying. We will see if they stay friends after they start losing.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Re:

Very well said Shakes. As of now, the war against the superfriends has begun.