Any Advice for Someone Visiting U.S. Cellular for the 1st time?

jwmann2

Liked Posts:
Don't know what to expect. Everyone complains about how shady the Southside is. From what I understand, there isn't too much to do immediately outside of "The Cell". I also know that if you have upper level tickets, you won't be able to sneak down to the lower level. Seeing the Cubs the following night at Wrigley Field. I almost want to postpone that visit due to all of the construction.
Any advice you can send my way would be greatly appreciated.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's plenty to do close by the Cell.
Go extra early and hit up Pilsen and eat at Honky Tonk. Not that far (about a 5-10 minute drive).

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Come early. There is so much to see and do you want to make sure you get that done prior to the game.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Pilsen is a good start. Turtles on 31st is a great outdoor bar before games, and it's a quick walk to the park. Can't speak to Cork and Kerry. And certainly there are good places up and down Halsted. The Skylark is a great place, I believe 22nd and Halsted.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If you're a craft beer guy, cannot recommend Maria's enough. It's about a mile or two from the stadium at the intersection of 31st and Morgan, but they always have great beer.

As others have said, the talk about the area outside the stadium being shady is overblown. But with actual parking lots for tailgating, you may not need to do so.

I'd highly recommend tailgating if you've got a group of people. If not, the food inside the stadium is outstanding, although it can get pricey.

And I'll echo the suggestion by others of taking time to explore the stadium. It's really a gorgeous facility and I can't wait to get there myself this summer.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Chinatown is less than two miles north of US Cellular. That's a place to hit up before and after a game. Plus, Reggie's is down the street at Cermak and State.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's fine. I went in to get a new plan and the guy tried to sell me an iPad. I almost bought it too.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
I've got some advice...don't go support these pathetic fucks until they at least appear to give a shit.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Had to clean this thread up. Just wanted to let you guys know your post that was totally off subject can be found in the Crosstown Beatdown thread, located here in the White Sox forum.

Any questions? I will give you answers if you send it in a PM.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Had to clean this thread up. Just wanted to let you guys know your post that was totally off subject can be found in the Crosstown Beatdown thread, located here in the White Sox forum.

While I disagree about it being off topic, I thank you for not deleting all of the posts and banning everyone like the previous mod would have.

You're doing a great job so far.

Mitchapalooza

If youre a white sox fan you'll be good but if youre not, good luck. Stadium is always half empty when i go for the annual red sox white sox series

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Can we lie? Or does it have to be the "Undisputed" truth?

Icculus

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I've got some advice...don't go support these pathetic fucks until they at least appear to give a shit.

They'll start playing up to their capabilities as soon as Special person Robin is fired.

Icculus

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Chinatown is less than two miles north of US Cellular. That's a place to hit up before and after a game. Plus, Reggie's is down the street at Cermak and State.

Don't sleep on Hyde Park, Kenwood, or Bronzeville either.

Svic

Liked Posts:
Come early. Park is great. And you actually sometimes can sneak down just don't get greedy with your sneaking down. 3rd base out field is nice place to sit. Look at the statues and important of them all. Try all the food you can. White sox have one of the best menus at a ball park.