RIP Noely - Thoughts and prayers to Javier Baez and his family!

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Some things should definitely have their own thread. Javier Baez's sister, Noely, passed away Wednesday. She was a beautiful Woman that was challenged by spina bifida. Unfortunately, it took her life.

My only message with this thread is to show support for our MLB family, the Cubs family, Javier Baez, and his family, and to give them support through this very hard time of Life.

We feel for you, we support you and your family, and we want you to know that you are in our prayers. Take as much time as you need bro, be strong for your family, and know my Heart is broken for your loss.

By Carrie Muskat / MLB.com | @CarrieMuskat | 3:00 PM ET + 10 COMMENTS
CHICAGO -- Javier Baez's sister, Noely, passed away Wednesday, and the infielder will take an indefinite leave of absence from the Cubs' Triple-A Iowa team. Noely was 21.

Noely was born with spina bifida, a disabling birth defect which happens when the spinal column does not close all the way. The Baez family had moved from Puerto Rico to Jacksonville, Fla., so Noely could get better care. Javier was involved in a fundraiser for spina bifida in Jacksonville to raise awareness.

"We don't see her as someone who is different from us," Baez said in an interview in December 2013. "She's a miracle for us. She's a miracle in our lives." The Baez family asked for privacy during this difficult time.
The Iowa Cubs were scheduled to open their season Thursday in Memphis.

Carrie Muskat is a reporter for MLB.com. She writes a blog, Muskat Ramblings, and you can follow her on Twitter @CarrieMuskat. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Their was a touching piece a couple of years back and how Javy went out of his way to have fundraisers for his sister. I believe that was why he tattooed MLB on his neck to show his support for her if memory serves me right.

I think he was dedicating everything he had with his baseball career to her because of her illness, and that she was confined to a wheel chair.

Sounds like a very tight-knit family, and I am definitely sorry to here of any ones loss.

Javy, the prayers go out to you and your family.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Their was a touching piece a couple of years back and how Javy went out of his way to have fundraisers for his sister. I believe that was why he tattooed MLB on his neck to show his support for her if memory serves me right.

I think he was dedicating everything he had with his baseball career to her because of her illness, and that she was confined to a wheel chair.

Sounds like a very tight-knit family, and I am definitely sorry to here of any ones loss.

Javy, the prayers go out to you and your family.

That might have been the special that I saw. I'm trying to find it online. They were very tight from what I could tell.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
One less distraction for Baez now.

My sincerest condolences to his family members that are reading this.

Terrible news on all levels.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow Grimson, you might want to rethink those sentiments, I know it's tough to smash all the internet tough guys AND be a constant smart ass and do all you do for the world, but maybe you should consider being a bit nicer and adding less hate into the world pot. It's a stew, you keep tainting the whole pot with too much salt. But here is the thing, you are so frequently an insulting ass prick you don't even see it when you aren't trying. Grow the fuck up. One less distraction. His sister is a baseball distraction?