large.png

Results:
Game 1:

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Capitals in 5

This Islander teams in one of the worst teams I've ever seen luck themselves into a play off spot. They have crappy goal tending, terrible special teams, an incompetent dipshit behind the bench, and a mediocre offense that can and will be shut down in playoff hockey. The Caps on the other hand have Ovechikin playing great hockey and Hotby having himself a great season.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Toughest one to call so far even though I am going to get all my predictions wrong anyways. My head says the Caps home ice is going to make the difference but my heart says the Islanders and Tavaras rule!!

Islanders in 7.

Leddy will have a shitty playoffs like all the ones he had for Chicago then eveyone will shut the fuck up about him being traded finaly. Yet Islanders win.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Capitals in 5

This Islander teams in one of the worst teams I've ever seen luck themselves into a play off spot. They have crappy goal tending, terrible special teams, an incompetent dipshit behind the bench, and a mediocre offense that can and will be shut down in playoff hockey. The Caps on the other hand have Ovechikin playing great hockey and Hotby having himself a great season.

BTW, Where's the Poll?

Poll is there.... this gay dumb site makes you create the poll AFTER you make the thread.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bitch gunna be a bitch!!! I picked this prediction first slut!!

I tried to pick the same picks as you, you're puck smart, but I messed up on the Blues/Wild, and a couple of others. Short-term memory issues, I reckon.

My brother has a photographic memory and my mom did. I just learned that I have a short-term photographic memory at times.

Reactions: TCD

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Fuck I hate that we are agreeing on so many of these.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I think that since the Isles have sucked for so long and don't have much playoff experience they will actually not know that they are supposed to suck in the playoffs, and play well, while the caps surely are a constant reminder to themselves that they choke in the playoffs.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Islanders are the only team in the playoffs you really can't make a case for to win the cup. They're a joke.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The Islanders are the only team in the playoffs you really can't make a case for to win the cup. They're a joke.

Which is my exact reason for saying they'll be int he finals. haha.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Penguins?

I think they have next to no shot but they have one thing the Isles don't: goaltending: I know Fleury usually chokes in the playoffs but he has had a solid regular season and I think he could get hot. Meanwhile Halak has been a joke recently.

Something else to consider is the Pens have a lot of playoff experience. Isles have next to none. With how many inexpierneced teams there are in the playoffs this year, the expierence the Pens do have could be crucial.

Again, both teams stink and I doubt either make it out of the first round. I'm just proving a case can be made for the Pens, while I don't think a case (at least a solid one) can be made for the Isles.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Nevere thought I'd see Caps and good goaltending in the same sentence. Haven't seen that since Olag Kolzig was in between the pipes.

That said, its better than the choke job the Isles have put up since the All-Star Break.

Caps in 6. What a way to end the history of Nassau Coliseum than to defeat the Isles there during a playoff game.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nevere thought I'd see Caps and good goaltending in the same sentence. Haven't seen that since Olag Kolzig was in between the pipes.

That said, its better than the choke job the Isles have put up since the All-Star Break.

Caps in 6. What a way to end the history of Nassau Coliseum than to defeat the Isles there during a playoff game.

Finally someone who sees the Isles as they really are.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Finally someone who sees the Isles as they really are.

I've been following the Isles a tad after the break to see what kind of threat they would pose. Turns out, they're like that little fruit fly that flies around your face, nothing more than that.

They choked against the Rangers several times alone this year, one even with Max Talbot between the pipes, and that was when he started to sub in for Lundqvist during his little break.

The Isles tend to beat the lesser teams. During big games, however, their big time players are nowhere to be seen. Most of Tavares' numbers are basically padding against terrible teams.

The coach also tends to be a bit unpredictable, putting in the backup goalie during crucial situations, which tells me he has little faith in Jaro Halak.... Frankly, I don't blame him, but that's what Garth Snow got him for, and Halak isn't even in the net for those situations.

This Isles team is far more of a mess than people give them credit for.

The Caps are hot right now, and through this series, they'll continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.