Best argument for Rose shooting 3s: Jason Kidd

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Kidd was like 42 by the time he shot 3's a decent clip and he only did it for like 2 years

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
The only way for him to regain his rhythm of shooting 3s during the game is for him to actually shoot them during the game.

The few people criticizing him for shooting 3s are simply basketball dumb or Internet trolls.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
The only way for him to regain his rhythm of shooting 3s during the game is for him to actually shoot them during the game.

The few people criticizing him for shooting 3s are simply basketball dumb or Internet trolls.

you don't think a guy that was never a shooter, that is shooting 27% from 3 and is attempting about as many as Kyle Korver isn't a bit ridiculous?

Rose also has the habit of taking bad 3's...ones that would not be great shots for great shooters

Liked Posts:
Kidd was like 42 by the time he shot 3's a decent clip and he only did it for like 2 years

When Rose is 42, he'll never more worried about attending meetings and playing with his grand children. He's already more worried about this at 25.

When Rose signs his next contract with the Bulls, he'll probably check into retiring after the first year with hopes of continuing to get paid.

Liked Posts:

No. That would be the people defending his poor judgment.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

I think now you're totally right. It is the time for him to work on his shot. However, in the playoffs, I'd like to see him become very picky at when he shoots the 3. Shoot the 3 as a momentum thing, but work the mid range in the playoffs. Mostly, concentrate on setting everyone else up. I think if he does this, then the shot will follow.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I love Rose, but even I want to see him lay off the 3's a bit. I think his mid-range game is a heck of a lot better and he needs to use it more. His mid range jumper around the elbows and what not is really solid.

I would really like to see him model his game after Dwayne Wade.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I love Rose, but even I want to see him lay off the 3's a bit. I think his mid-range game is a heck of a lot better and he needs to use it more. His mid range jumper around the elbows and what not is really solid.

His mid-range game is much better than his shooting from the perimeter. In fact, the year before his MVP season Rose led the league in FG percentage inside the 3 point line. Considering he just came back from injury why not work on the three pointers in the offseason and focus on driving and easier shots, plus the defense Rose played last night. I get wanting to be at your best, but this year's Bulls team most likely has the best shot at winning the NBA Title for the next three to four years, so they need to take advantage of that chance.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

I think it's about shooting 'good' 3's. Let's remember that before he injured himself again, he had a clip where he shot 50+% in 40+ attempts shooting 3's this season. It's not that he can't hit them, it's about hitting them at the right time.

Rose has the ability to go off and hit 4-6 from 3 very easily. The times he has done this type of stuff is in the flow of the game. It's when he forces it that he shoots like shit, imo.

In the playoffs, he has to determine when he's hot and when he's not. His 1st priority should be to penetrate and dish to set up his teammates and get them going. He can throw in some mid range stuff along with his teardrop, imo.

Once he get's that going, then shoot a 3 or two and get a feel for it. He very well might hit 3 or 4 in a row. If he clunks a couple bricks, then go back to facilitating. Thib's needs to control this. Thib's also needs to have some shooters in the lineup when Rose is in as well.

Putting Rose with 3 defensive guys and Pau doesn't cut it, imo. I'd rather see Rose come off the bench and play with Niko and Snell so he can have shooters to dish to. Lastly, let Rose be the PG Thib's...cut out the Point Noah shit.

Let Noah bang the boards so he can be much more effective on offensive as well. This will also help out Rose tremendously as well!!!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose just needs a good shooting coach. His shot is way to flat for him to ever be a good 3pt shooter right now. He basically jumps as high as he can and tries to throw the ball into the basket. If he quit jumping so high and got a little more arc on his shot, he'd be way better.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rose just needs a good shooting coach. His shot is way to flat for him to ever be a good 3pt shooter right now. He basically jumps as high as he can and tries to throw the ball into the basket. If he quit jumping so high and got a little more arc on his shot, he'd be way better.
He had one. Paxson fired him :(

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That is very true and he radically changed the shot into a sort of set shot.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
This team needs a dedicated shooting coach, period.