IST: Chicago Cubs (3-2) hosting Cincinnati Reds (4-2)

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
chicago-cubs-logo.png

(3-2, 1-1 vs. Division, 3-2 vs. NL)

at

dT45kLxGc.png

(4-2, 4-2 vs. Division, 4-2 vs. NL)

wrigley-field-1_C.jpg

Series taking place at Wrigley Field AKA the Port-o-Potty Capital of Chicago
1060 W Addison St, Chicago, IL 60613
Capacity: 41,072

Game times and probable starters

April 13th, 8:05pm EST
Jon Lester (0-1, 6.23 ERA) versus Mike Leake (0-0, 4.76 ERA)

April 14th, 8:05 PM EST
Jake Arrieta (1-0, 0.00 ERA) versus Anthony DeSclafani (0-0, 3.00 ERA)

April 15th, 8:05 PM EST
Travis Wood (0-1, 5.79 ERA) versus Jason Marquis (0-0, 4.50 ERA)

Last edited:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice OP, Josmin!

Hoping for a better outing by Lester tomorrow.

GO CUBS!

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a pretty good opportunity for the Cubs to :sweep: but that's asking too much...I'll say Lester gets his first win and they destroy Jason Marquis.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a pretty good opportunity for the Cubs to :sweep: but that's asking too much...I'll say Lester gets his first win and they destroy Jason Marquis.

LMAO Jason Marquis.... what is he... 55 years old by now?

Throwing those 85 MPH fastballs still?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
LMAO Jason Marquis.... what is he... 55 years old by now?

Throwing those 85 MPH fastballs still?

He's actually only 36. On his 9th team in his MLB career. Didn't look too atrocious in his first start... hopefully we can jump on him early and get to the Reds 'pen in each game. Well, maybe not Chapman. The other guys.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
The Reds offense is looking good as they are all healthy and can be problematic for the Cubs.

The Cubs bats are going to have to come alive and figure a way to take two of three from the Reds at least, considering they have Leake, DiSciafano, and Marquis going while we have Lester, Arrieta, and Wood. We have two of our top guys against their bottom half.

Sometimes you can get a gift when it comes to matchups, and this is a good time for the Cubs to take advantage of it because the following series with San Diego, they will face Shields, Ross, and Cashner.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Great comeback win today! It's nice to see the offense get going, hopefully we can take 2 of 3 from the Reds

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He's actually only 36. On his 9th team in his MLB career. Didn't look too atrocious in his first start... hopefully we can jump on him early and get to the Reds 'pen in each game. Well, maybe not Chapman. The other guys.

IIRC he's the stellar first half, awful second half type.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
This could be a series to see how competitive we can be, or how bad we will get blown out by a good team. Reds off to a good start. After the Cardinals and Yankees, Reds are my least favorite.

GO CUBS!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still dont see the Reds lasting. They would have to stay injury free and thats hard to do with aging players. Key to limiting run. Dont fucking walk Billy Hamilton. If he gets a hit, he gets a hit but make him earn it. If he gets on, he is stealing all day on Lester.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
This could be a series to see how competitive we can be, or how bad we will get blown out by a good team. Reds off to a good start. After the Cardinals and Yankees, Reds are my least favorite.

GO CUBS!

I caught the Reds telecast the other day I believe on opening day. They saw and talked to Pete Rose in the stands and asked what he thought of the Reds this year.

He stated that they would be good this year and he hoped the Reds would turn the Vegas odds makers upside down with their predictions. He said Milwaukee won't be good, the Cardinals would be the team to beat but that they could, and the Cubs.............well, they are the Cubs.

It got me to thinking that when indeed the Cubs are perennial favorites again, I wish someone would hold up a sign during a televised Cubs/Reds game that said "Hey Pete, I hope you put money on the Cubs".

I guess I got a little miffed by his comment and thought it to be unprofessional, so why not return the favor? That someone may be me. ;)

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I caught the Reds telecast the other day I believe on opening day. They saw and talked to Pete Rose in the stands and asked what he thought of the Reds this year.

He stated that they would be good this year and he hoped the Reds would turn the Vegas odds makers upside down with their predictions. He said Milwaukee won't be good, the Cardinals would be the team to beat but that they could, and the Cubs.............well, they are the Cubs.

It got me to thinking that when indeed the Cubs are perennial favorites again, I wish someone would hold up a sign during a televised Cubs/Reds game that said "Hey Pete, I hope you put money on the Cubs".

I guess I got a little miffed by his comment and thought it to be unprofessional, so why not return the favor? That someone may be me. ;)

Once the Cubs are good a bet on the Cubs is going to be a horrible wager. It is now in reality, but it will be so much worse when the team is better. Everyone wants to say they made a winning bet on the Cubs which causes the odds to be driven into dirt.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Eh, I have heard worse. Joe Morgan was employed by ESPN and would say all kind of shit about the Cubs. Thom Brennaman is a fucking doucher when it comes to the Cubs. All he has ever done is bash them even if they are good. HE may be the worst announcer besides Joe Buck and The Hawk.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I just don't care what people have to say about the Cubs, doesn't seem relevant to me. Let the Reds, former Reds and Reds announcers talk all they like. My interest is in this team having a good showing against them. You don't call any series in April a must win but I would call this a "very nice to have". If the Cubs as they figure stuff out as a team can come out of their third series with a plus .500 record that's a nice boost to carry into the rest of the year. I think a little bit too much is being made of the Lester not throwing to first stuff but teams are going to try to run on him until they can't. It hasn't hurt him much the last couple of years but this is a new league and teams are looking for an advantage. I think you've got to figure that Billy Hamilton will steal, so trying to keep him off base would be very helpful. I think by the end of the season the Cubs should be a better team than the Reds but for now Cincy has that edge. I'd like to see some competitive play, some improvement with RISP and a little power would be nice. Two out of three here is realistic if they stay focused.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I just don't care what people have to say about the Cubs, doesn't seem relevant to me. Let the Reds, former Reds and Reds announcers talk all they like. My interest is in this team having a good showing against them. You don't call any series in April a must win but I would call this a "very nice to have". If the Cubs as they figure stuff out as a team can come out of their third series with a plus .500 record that's a nice boost to carry into the rest of the year. I think a little bit too much is being made of the Lester not throwing to first stuff but teams are going to try to run on him until they can't. It hasn't hurt him much the last couple of years but this is a new league and teams are looking for an advantage. I think you've got to figure that Billy Hamilton will steal, so trying to keep him off base would be very helpful. I think by the end of the season the Cubs should be a better team than the Reds but for now Cincy has that edge. I'd like to see some competitive play, some improvement with RISP and a little power would be nice. Two out of three here is realistic if they stay focused.

I agree, especially with no Cueto. I see no reason the Cubs don't take the first two of the series.