IST: Chicago Cubs (3-2) hosting Cincinnati Reds (4-2)

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure on the extra day thing either, I've seen it reported as fact, I've seen it rebuked and I've seen that it could be a legitimate issue for the MLBPA that they could exploit if it happens. I'm certain that Cubs legal has a handle on it though I'll leave it to their good graces.

FWIW if it were me I'd bring him up tomorrow. They'll be facing three very good pitchers in Shields, Ross and Cashner and they need the bat. The question is how much do Theo and Jed truly believe in only calling up prospects on the road and can there be an exception? We're all going to find out soon.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure on the extra day thing either, I've seen it reported as fact, I've seen it rebuked and I've seen that it could be a legitimate issue for the MLBPA that they could exploit if it happens. I'm certain that Cubs legal has a handle on it though I'll leave it to their good graces.

FWIW if it were me I'd bring him up tomorrow. They'll be facing three very good pitchers in Shields, Ross and Cashner and they need the bat. The question is how much do Theo and Jed truly believe in only calling up prospects on the road and can there be an exception? We're all going to find out soon.

The need is high right now with the injuries happening. The only thing I would think would hold it back was if they felt if he couldn't handle it but Kris is not a fragile type. His mental make up was one of the reasons why they drafted him. http://m.cubs.mlb.com/news/article/...-cubs-used-team-approach-to-draft-kris-bryant

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
How good is the Pad's offense? I get the bring Bryant up at Wrigley thing, but perhaps they feel they can win a couple of low scoring games.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
How good is the Pad's offense? I get the bring Bryant up at Wrigley thing, but perhaps they feel they can win a couple of low scoring games.

They have some bats in that lineup and if you really look at it from a talent perspective they're the second best team the Cubs have faced this year after the Cardinals. Like the Cubs they have a lot of new faces and are starting to believe they're a winning ball club. Either way it should be a good series. It would be a big victory to win 2 out of 3 before heading to Pittsburgh.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
This is already a fun team to watch. I was at the game last night and it's just a different atmosphere...

HCWS58

Liked Posts:
They have some bats in that lineup and if you really look at it from a talent perspective they're the second best team the Cubs have faced this year after the Cardinals. Like the Cubs they have a lot of new faces and are starting to believe they're a winning ball club. Either way it should be a good series. It would be a big victory to win 2 out of 3 before heading to Pittsburgh.

I agree that this will be a good one for a lot of reasons but mainly because both teams are in a similar situation. Both have been through tough times and finally have reason for optimism. Nothing I love more in sports than to see the dwellers fight their way out of the cellar.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I can't imagine Theo and Jed would bring him up on the exact day that works in the Cubs favor. That would make it look far less like he was sent down for a "baseball reason", not counting the factor of the extra day cushion needed in case of a tie at the end of the season.

It won't be long afterward. But not the first possible day. Maybe next week?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@BruceMiles2112: Mike Olt to go on DL with hairline fracture of ulna. Will be in cast 3 weeks. Bryant coming up for Friday. #Cubs