Nashville's new attempt at silencing Hawks fans

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
In order to prevent Hawks fans from cheering during the anthem at Bridestone Arena, The Preds will ditch the anthem singer and have the fans sing the anthem.

"It would almost be against God, country and apple pie to shout and cheer through the person next to you singing the anthem of the United States of America, wouldn’t it?" Predators president Sean Henry said.

What a load of crap. Like that will stop the cheering.

I swerar they won't stop at anything to keep Hawks fans out. Give it up already. It's not working.

Full Article:

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/744329

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It boggles my mind that they would rather lose money and have a half empty arena than to have a full arena and alot more money.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like Sean Henry and his team of convicted child-molesters (true story) are having trouble keeping the red out of their panty liners as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCD

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
It boggles my mind that they would rather lose money and have a half empty arena than to have a full arena and alot more money.

Do you really think the stadium is going to be half full? It will be sold out.

This is a marketing ploy to try and rally the Nashville fans. Good for them if they are trying to be "creative" and are getting some press out of it even if fans around here think it is dumb. Most fans think it is stupid, but who really cares at the end of the day.

Not really a big deal.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nashville is pathetic.... they make the playoffs ahead of us and still need to try some bullshit to keep it from feeling like a Hawks home game in their own arena? Pathetic fan base..... lololololol

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you really think the stadium is going to be half full? It will be sold out.

This is a marketing ploy to try and rally the Nashville fans. Good for them if they are trying to be "creative" and are getting some press out of it even if fans around here think it is dumb. Most fans think it is stupid, but who really cares at the end of the day.

Not really a big deal.

That's not what I said. I know that arena will be full. My point was that the Predators organization would rather have an half empty arena if it means that only Preds fans are in there than to have a full arena with half Preds fans Half Hawks fans (or any other teams fans)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's not what I said. I know that arena will be full. My point was that the Predators organization would rather have an half empty arena if it means that only Preds fans are in there than to have a full arena with half Preds fans Half Hawks fans (or any other teams fans)

The fact that they have a fanbase locally which cannot manage to buy up enough of the tickets for it to feel like a home game without Preds management stepping in to try to "Keep the Red Out" is fucking embarrassing.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

They know that the arena will be full, even if they come out with these marketing ploys. They wouldn't rather have a half empty arena and they know that it won't be. That isn't the point of this at all because it is going to be full regardless and they are completely aware of that. This is simply a marketing attempt to get the local fans to buy more tickets and for the Nashville fans to rally around a common cause. Nashville had their arena filled at a 98.5% clip (no matter how they got there).

Once again...this isn't a big deal at all.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
this sort of shit should flatter Hawks fans. It does me.

I agree. Hey, as long as people stand and are respectful, its all good.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree. Hey, as long as people stand and are respectful, its all good.

Fuck Nashville and fuck USA I hope people scream their heads off and are obnoxious as shit. Nothing more annoying than honoring America before every god damn sporting event.

I refuse to stand or take off my hat during anthems at sporting events.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They know that the arena will be full, even if they come out with these marketing ploys. They wouldn't rather have a half empty arena and they know that it won't be. That isn't the point of this at all because it is going to be full regardless and they are completely aware of that. This is simply a marketing attempt to get the local fans to buy more tickets and for the Nashville fans to rally around a common cause. Nashville had their arena filled at a 98.5% clip (no matter how they got there).

Once again...this isn't a big deal at all.

Exactly! As fans, lets worry about winning the games instead of the other bullshit!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Overall Nashville isn't a horrible city, but they complete obsession with Chicago is getting a bit pathetic and it's making them look really bad and petty, they need to just take the money and enjoy it.

On a side note, I'm actually not a fan at all of hawk fans cheering and screaming during the anthem in opposing stadiums. The reason why we do it here is because it's evolved into a tradition to do here and one that is not out of disrespect. When you go to opposing stadiums you should respect their traditions and in most places that is silent reverence of the anthem so that is how it should be done. You don't go over to your friends how and shit on his wifes chest because that's what you do at home...

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Overall Nashville isn't a horrible city, but they complete obsession with Chicago is getting a bit pathetic and it's making them look really bad and petty, they need to just take the money and enjoy it.

On a side note, I'm actually not a fan at all of hawk fans cheering and screaming during the anthem in opposing stadiums. The reason why we do it here is because it's evolved into a tradition to do here and one that is not out of disrespect. When you go to opposing stadiums you should respect their traditions and in most places that is silent reverence of the anthem so that is how it should be done. You don't go over to your friends how and shit on his wifes chest because that's what you do at home...

waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

fuck the anthem... stupid ass song that shouldn't be forced on everyone

Reactions: TCD

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Grimson came to your house and shit on your wife's chest.... didn't he?

TCD

Liked Posts:
Fuck Nashville and fuck USA I hope people scream their heads off and are obnoxious as shit. Nothing more annoying than honoring America before every god damn sporting event.

I refuse to stand or take off my hat during anthems at sporting events.

Man, who let your dogs out? Wooof wooof wooof wooof.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

You make a good point and I am normally for what other teams do in their own rinks. I value tradition. However Nashville does not deserve this right anymore, with their pathetic obsession at keeping Hawks fans out. Not to mention they can't even fill their own building with their own fans despite having a team that for most of their existence have been a playoff contender