CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It costs owners more money and keeps a slow, fat guy in the league longer than he should be. It isn't going to happen in the NL.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It costs owners more money and keeps a slow, fat guy in the league longer than he should be. It isn't going to happen in the NL.

I wouldn't be to sure about that. They are going to even the leagues soon. And, I highly doubt the players association would let the dh go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
MLBPA isn't cutting the checks.

When has that ever mattered? The nl is also a distinct disadvantage at signing FA sluggers because it's a bigger risk.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
The casual fan wants to see offense, or a pitcher try and stop an offense. Clayton Kershaw making minced meat of Jon Lester trying to hit proves little. all it does is pad the stat sheet.

No one wants to see an .096 to .134 hitter up there laying down a bunt most of the time, and then have trouble doing that. Also, there is time to let's say give Rizzo a rest at 1B and Soler in RF without taking them out of the batting order and sacrificing the offense.

I see much more positives than negatives.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
When has that ever mattered? The nl is also a distinct disadvantage at signing FA sluggers because it's a bigger risk.

one could argue that the NL is at a bigger advantage at signing pitchers since they don't need DH money

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Listen, I've been a Cubs fan and primarily an NL fan for a very long time and there was a time when I didn't want the DH in the NL but that time has passed. The DH is used at pretty much every level of baseball except for the National League. Rather than create elaborate rules to create offense why not just add the extra batter and be done with it? There is plenty of strategy in the game in other areas. Oh and don't kid yourselves the MLBPA will be all for it once they get some concessions that they've been angling for saying they may not want it. It really is inevitable.

HCWS58

Liked Posts:
I'm pretty much impartial on the whole DH debate but I feel strongly that it should be the same across the board. Never made sense to me for the NL and AL to have such a major difference between them. Pretty sure if/when push comes to shove, the NL will be adopting another hitter in the lineup.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm pretty much impartial on the whole DH debate but I feel strongly that it should be the same across the board. Never made sense to me for the NL and AL to have such a major difference between them. Pretty sure if/when push comes to shove, the NL will be adopting another hitter in the lineup.

That is probably the unfortunate facts. When the two leagues only played in the World Series or All-Star game, it wasn't a factor. But now that they play meaningful regular season games there is a need for conformity. I don't want to see it but Im afraid the damned DH will be leaguewide in the near future.

Long live 40 year old players that can't run.......:cubspalm:

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
That is probably the unfortunate facts. When the two leagues only played in the World Series or All-Star game, it wasn't a factor. But now that they play meaningful regular season games there is a need for conformity. I don't want to see it but Im afraid the damned DH will be leaguewide in the near future.

Long live 40 year old players that can't run.......:cubspalm:

Or, long live 36 year old players that can't field and win WS MVP honors like "Big Papi" did. ;)