KC Johnson Thibs Update: Don't expect him to walk away from Bulls

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
One could argue that most of the games in that 2011 series were also fairly close. I think each team got one blowout and the rest were ones that could've gone either way before the Bulls got locked down.

In any case, this team is of a way different makeup than the 2011 team and Cleveland isn't even close to what Miami was. I don't expect that same type of disappointment (win game 1 by 20 and lose 4 straight in a rather lackluster fashion).
Well the key to beating the 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 Bulls was shutting down their offensive playmaker in the 4th. The Bulls have many more now, so that of course helps a TON. That is of course assuming a team, which hasn't stayed healthy all season can survive another 16-20 games (lets just assume deep playoff run) without anyone major getting hurt.

And yeah, we've covered the 2011 series... Games 2, 3, and 5 the Bulls offense was pretty much shut down in the 4th Q.. In Game 4, it was neck and neck, but Rose missed a key free throw and then died offensively in over time in that game.

Cleveland obviously doesn't have the shutdown ability that Miami had in my opinion. Their defense has been better the 2nd half the season, but they're still mainly winning by simply just having too much offense, which historically has been shown not to last in the playoffs (unless Cleveland all of a sudden plays great defense in the playoffs ala the 2001 Lakers).

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
why? that was good times
Also a huge reason to why Thibs rotation was 10 guys that year.. Bogans didnt play more than 15 mpg most games.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also a huge reason to why Thibs rotation was 10 guys that year.. Bogans didnt play more than 15 mpg most games.
And you also couldn't play just Korver or just Brewer so there was that as well. If you could've magically combined Korver and Brewer into one player and booted Bogans off the team, you'd have a solid 8 man rotation lol.