IGT: BULLS vs Nets Monday April 13th @ 6:30pm on CSN

Who Wins?

• Nets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why couldn't we sign Joe Johnson in 2010?!?

• Players whose first and last names start with the same letter

• Total voters

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IMO he earned it a long time ago.. But with a fully healthy roster Thibs seems to forget him.
IMO Snell has earned rotation minutes...at least like 15-20, but since he wasn't really doing all that great while starting I can see playing him less with a fully healthy roster. Thibs also seems to want an 8 man rotation (which Niko is already making him break) and whenever Hinrich is healthy, Snell seems to be the odd man out since we can already chalk up Brooks, Taj, and Niko getting minutes in addition to Hinrich. Personally, I think if you really must go with an 8 man rotation and not cut Hinrich out, you go offense/defense between Niko and Snell depending on what you need. I'd rather you just do a bench mob deal though and play 10 guys.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Thibs needs to settle for a 9 man rotation.. This team is too good for an 8 man rotation. He needs to look at Pops and see how he has run the 10 man rotation the past two years with success.. Thibs himself ran with 10 guys in 2010-11, so its not like Thibs doesn't know this. And given the Hinrich love, throw him in there and you have your 10 man rotation.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thibs needs to settle for a 9 man rotation.. This team is too good for an 8 man rotation. He needs to look at Pops and see how he has run the 10 man rotation the past two years with success.. Thibs himself ran with 10 guys in 2010-11, so its not like Thibs doesn't know this. And given the Hinrich love, throw him in there and you have your 10 man rotation.
The Spurs model is the way to go

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I miss Steve Kerr.... the original ToasterRabbit

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Clone, need your opinion... on Reddit this exchange happened:

Um.. what? He has returned to form?
Hinrich's defense all year has not been up to his standard. That said, the last game that Hinrich played, his defense was pretty good on DWade. Say what you want about Wade, but Hinrich guards him well. Has he returned to form? HECK IF I KNOW. Is he valuable to the team? He can be in certain circumstances. Brooks definitely can't guard anyone like Hinrich can and there is some value in that.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hinrich's defense all year has not been up to his standard. That said, the last game that Hinrich played, his defense was pretty good on DWade. Say what you want about Wade, but Hinrich guards him well. Has he returned to form? HECK IF I KNOW. Is he valuable to the team? He can be in certain circumstances. Brooks definitely can't guard anyone like Hinrich can and there is some value in that.
Wade sucked against everyone who guarded him that night and most of the game it was Snell.... But Hinrich has historically guarded Wade well, so I do give him that.

I argue in the playoffs Hinrich is useless outside of a breather for someone... Brooks is bad at D, but he can score points, which is the most valuable thing in the NBA. I also don't think Brooks defense is as bad as some guards in this league though.

Also in close games in the 4th quarter this year the Bulls can afford to throw Butler or Snell on the PG to force them elsewhere.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wade sucked against everyone who guarded him that night and most of the game it was Snell.... But Hinrich has historically guarded Wade well, so I do give him that.

I argue in the playoffs Hinrich is useless outside of a breather for someone... Brooks is bad at D, but he can score points, which is the most valuable thing in the NBA. I also don't think Brooks defense is as bad as some guards in this league though.

Also in close games in the 4th quarter this year the Bulls can afford to throw Butler or Snell on the PG to force them elsewhere.
Definitely Hinrich is not a 4th quarter player.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Definitely Hinrich is not a 4th quarter player.
Yeah I mean vs Atlanta I don't think throwing Butler on Teague would be too bad of an idea. Vs Cleveland you probably don't need to, Rose has been good at staying with Irving and forcing him into bad shots.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Hinrich is done its no need to even debate it...even if his defense was back to form which its not...you can't have a guy that is such a liability on offense and makes mental error after mental error every game

Kirk should only play 15 minutes (if that) and should be bought out after the season

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hinrich is done its no need to even debate it...even if his defense was back to form which its not...you can't have a guy that is such a liability on offense and makes metal error after mental error every game
Can you go to r/chicagobulls and help my cause?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll add this as well, I don't think Hinrich will play a lot. When everyone is reasonably healthy, and especially recently, we've seen Hinrich play no more than 15 minutes. I don't see a place for Hinrich playing 30 minutes in the rotation with everyone healthy, so we need not worry about that.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'll add this as well, I don't think Hinrich will play a lot. When everyone is reasonably healthy, and especially recently, we've seen Hinrich play no more than 15 minutes. I don't see a place for Hinrich playing 30 minutes in the rotation with everyone healthy, so we need not worry about that.
I can agree to 10-15 minutes... Not much beyond that given who else is playing and assuming Rose is off minute restrictions.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah I mean vs Atlanta I don't think throwing Butler on Teague would be too bad of an idea. Vs Cleveland you probably don't need to, Rose has been good at staying with Irving and forcing him into bad shots.
Closing with Rose, Snell, Butler, Gibson, and Pau should be good enough to play good defense on Atlanta's players without relying on Rose and Butler to score all the points.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
and ruin my comment karma? no thank you
lol.....

It all balances out in the end.. Praise Rose you'll get +500000... get on Hinrich's case and you'll only lose like 500 points... Get on Rose's case though and you'll lose like 10 million.