IST: White Sox v Indians

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
Don't want to stir up a hornets nest, like on Cub boards when a question like this is asked, but do you think Robin's too laid back?
I KNOW IT'S EARLY, but they spent some money and are expecting results. Hopefully they play up to their capabilities. Robin was a hell of a player but sometimes that doesn't translate.
Ask Larry Bird.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Ventura is bad. There is a reason the Sox are bad at basic fundamentals like base running, defensive lapses, and walking guys.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
I have been thinking the same about Ventura. He has been a flop, at least in my opinion. If he is here next season, it would be a tragedy. But it is what it is, and obviously it is not just his fault. I hope what we have seen so far is just growing pains and not a taste of things to come.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Oh cool a walk scores because of a mental mistake, that's par for the course this season. Too many other sports on tonight to watch this horseshit.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh cool a walk scores because of a mental mistake, that's par for the course this season. Too many other sports on tonight to watch this horseshit.

Never know when your horseshit will evolve into Gold Manure!!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have been thinking the same about Ventura. He has been a flop, at least in my opinion. If he is here next season, it would be a tragedy. But it is what it is, and obviously it is not just his fault. I hope what we have seen so far is just growing pains and not a taste of things to come.

He really pissed me off when he didn't ask for a replay of the call at second base. I don't know what the hell he was thinking:( They put that rule change in for a reason and the reason was just for that kind of play? It ended up costing the Sox(HIS FUCKING TEAM!) the game.

I loved Robin as a player. Best Sox 3rd baseman in my life-time but even as a player he reminded me of just a nice guy playing a sport, kind of just meandering around letting things happen. I wish he had more of grit to him, I guess. Ozzie was the total opposite. He goes through life just wanting to stir crap up but didn;t have the balls to follow things through. I just wish that the Sox would find someone who was somewhere in between the polar opposites of Robin and Ozzie.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Never know when your horseshit will evolve into Gold Manure!!

That reminds me of a scene from a stupid movie called something like 1000 ways to die in the Old West. A kid loses a tooth and his old man tells him to put it under his pillow and the Tooth Fairy would leave him something. So he does and goes to sleep, wakes up and finds a pile of horse-shit under his pillow and his father yells at him and tells him that there ISN'T ANY FUCKING TOOTH FAIRY AND TO CLEAN THE DAMN HORSESHIT UP!!!! That was pretty funny!!!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Noesi was fine, Rodon, loads of nerves. Gotta get em today boys

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Noesi was fine, Rodon, loads of nerves. Gotta get em today boys

And so they shall. Sam$@&;:)ia didn't have his good stuff, but got out of his jams. Abreu is becoming beastly. When (if) it warms up, he'll only get beastlier.

Now if they can string a few together...

Sale goes tomorrow, so that looks promising.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What is encouraging to me is that the bull-pen at the end is looking pretty solid and in control. Middle relief, not so much. Catching is still a weak spot as is the back of the starting rotation. They cannot win with the back end of this rotation. Reiny needs to shake the money tree for Hahn for a starting pitcher and another reliever.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
What is encouraging to me is that the bull-pen at the end is looking pretty solid and in control. Middle relief, not so much. Catching is still a weak spot as is the back of the starting rotation. They cannot win with the back end of this rotation. Reiny needs to shake the money tree for Hahn for a starting pitcher and another reliever.

Yet both Noesi and Danks pitched well.
And they got the extra pen arm in Rodon

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yet both Noesi and Danks pitched well.
And they got the extra pen arm in Rodon

I don't think that either of them have pitched well and they didn't bring up Rodon for middle relief. Something is going to happen pretty soon. I can almost feel it. Danks is going to be traded and Rodon will slide in. They will keep Noesi in and out until they bring a better guy in. This is not a nice to have situation. They will not beat the Royals and Tigers with Danks and Noesi in the rotation. I would bet that Hahn is in Reiny's ear on both a trade as well as canning Ventura. From reading an article about that replay incident it is clear to me that hahn did not like what happened or rather didn't happen. IF they continue to flounder like they have, I think Hahn will fire Robin if he can.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I dislike Robin as a manager and want him gone. I never wanted him in the first place. The issue with the replay isn't Robin's fault. He had the replay and the angle he saw showed the runner safe. The Tigers had a different replay angle (Something needs to get changed there by MLB). It showed the runner out. That one is on MLB for not providing all replays to both sides.

Noesi and Danks last outings were more than fine for the 4/5 slot. I agree they cannot keep it up. History says they are mostly #5/6 type pitchers.
Rodon might be starting Monday for Shark if he's suspended and they do not appeal.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dislike Robin as a manager and want him gone. I never wanted him in the first place. The issue with the replay isn't Robin's fault. He had the replay and the angle he saw showed the runner safe. The Tigers had a different replay angle (Something needs to get changed there by MLB). It showed the runner out. That one is on MLB for not providing all replays to both sides.

Noesi and Danks last outings were more than fine for the 4/5 slot. I agree they cannot keep it up. History says they are mostly #5/6 type pitchers.
Rodon might be starting Monday for Shark if he's suspended and they do not appeal.

It was Robin's fault and Hahn said it himself. The absolute WORST part of it was that Robin didn't even ask Alexi if he tagged him. He did nothing and looked like a wuss in the process.