Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He just recently said that he wants to spend the rest of his career in OKC.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lebron said similar things before leaving Cleveland.

For almost an entire year before he left CLE, he said he is going to keep his options open when FA rolls around. Maybe he once said he never wants to leave CLE, idk.... But I do know that as FA was getting closer, LBJ never said he wants to stay in CLE for the rest of his career.

KD was talking about how awesome it would be to stay with one team for the rest of his career like Duncan and Kobe did. That guarantees nothing, but it holds more weight than the speculation in the article posted.

Last edited:

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
For almost an entire year before he left CLE, he said he is going to keep his options open when FA rolls around. Maybe he once said he never wants to leave CLE, idk.... But I do know that as FA was getting closer, LBJ never said he wants to stay in CLE for the rest of his career.

KD was talking about how awesome it would be to stay with one team for the rest of his career like Duncan and Kobe did. That guarantees nothing, but it hold more weight than the speculation in the article posted.

Agreed. Also, Durant fought hard as hell to come back early this year, to his own detriment. He didn't take a 2 week vacation so his GM could find guys he felt he could play with. KD is a loyal guy. He's a humble guy. You can hear it in his comments all the time. LeBron is the exact opposite. He has no loyalty. He's anything but humble. I can guarantee you will never see KD purposely play in "chill mode" or check out of an entire playoff series just because he is heading into free agency the following season. He will likely give OKC every opportunity to retain him and won't put on a televised fiasco to trample his fans hearts if he decides to leave.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
im not really scared of him going to Miami

Wade has like 2 years left and Bosh is 31

not worried about a Durant-Dragic combo

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
:dunno: Doesn't anyone else wonder why a Portland newspaper is writing this a day after Portland beats OKC and knocks them into the 9th spot, and out of the playoffs? :thinking:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

KD was talking about how awesome it would be to stay with one team for the rest of his career like Duncan and Kobe did. That guarantees nothing, but it holds more weight than the speculation in the article posted.

That city is too small to support the two of them and I do not think that his partner over there is going to give up his superstar status wth Durant coming back. Durant, to me, is going to end up probably either in NY or LA. No way he stays in OKC with Westbrook there. That has become his town.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Durant I think will stay in OKC.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Durant is probably staying in OKC. If he leaves he is going to the Wizards.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I doubt Durant goes to Miami of all places. If anything the Wiz make the most sense were he to leave. Going home and all that.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/06/lebron_james.html

Liked Posts:

Spot on.

Liked Posts:

What does this have to do with anything? For months people had known James was going to free agency. Additionally, he wouldn't give the Cavs any guidance on what it would take to keep him. And you also had the tampering going on with Riley when the Cavs played in Miami early in that season to go along with the pact Bosh, Wade, and James made at the Olympics. Additionally, Miami was the only team that had gutted their roster to such an extent to make it plausible they could get all 3.

If LeBron said Miami in that interview it would have caused a huge controversy and people would have been screaming about tampering even more than they already were. Also, if LeBron was dead set on playing with Bosh and Wade but also wanted to go through the process, he would have undermined his ability to do due diligence because other teams might have backed off.

And in the end, your link doesn't mean squat.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
What does this have to do with anything? For months people had known James was going to free agency. Additionally, he wouldn't give the Cavs any guidance on what it would take to keep him. And you also had the tampering going on with Riley when the Cavs played in Miami early in that season to go along with the pact Bosh, Wade, and James made at the Olympics. Additionally, Miami was the only team that had gutted their roster to such an extent to make it plausible they could get all 3.

If LeBron said Miami in that interview it would have caused a huge controversy and people would have been screaming about tampering even more than they already were. Also, if LeBron was dead set on playing with Bosh and Wade but also wanted to go through the process, he would have undermined his ability to do due diligence because other teams might have backed off.

And in the end, your link doesn't mean squat.

It means you don't take anything players say seriously.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It means you don't take anything players say seriously.
IN general no, and Durant isn't going to come out and say "I think I'm going to leave OKC" This all becomes trying to read between the lines and sometimes there aren't any.

Its my general belief that Durant isn't going anywhere. I never thought LeBron was going anywhere either though for what its worth.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Put me in the camp that he is staying in OKC. The only other possible move I can see him making is going to Washington.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Put me in the camp that he is staying in OKC. The only other possible move I can see him making is going to Washington.
Same. He strikes me as the type who would "go home". And though we said the same thing about LeBron, I think KD is more likely to go to a team that would be more ready than Miami.

Miami needs to be able to bring in multiple big free agents.. Unless Durant had two other starts he plans on bringing with him....

Either way I fully expect Miami to stock up on some big free agent (s) in 2016.