Crawdads or Starling???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
As I wrote in this article for the home page which all of you schmucks should be reading, you don't bench Crawford after one bad period. Go back to Crow for Game 2. Having a relief option as good as Darling just makes the Hawks that much better.

Well, that's your opinion, but I listened to the radio today and they said Darling should start because he's the hot hand right now. I don't think it's going to damage Crawford's ego, at least not to the point where he starts fucking other player's wives.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Well, that's your opinion, but I listened to the radio today and they said Darling should start because he's the hot hand right now. I don't think it's going to damage Crawford's ego, at least not to the point where he starts fucking other player's wives.

Well your first mistake was listening to the radio and assuming any of their opinions on hockey were educated ones.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm fine either way but this is Crow's last chance. He plays like crap again and we have to go with Darling and play him unless he gets injured or goes through a funk.

I think Crawford will take the starting job and never look back. The look on his eyes last night told me everything I needed to know. He'll get it together and you can quote that and stick it in your sigs.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well your first mistake was listening to the radio and assuming any of their opinions on hockey were educated ones.

They made some compelling arguments, but you are probably right. I hope this doesn't ruin our relationship.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm fine either way but this is Crow's last chance. He plays like crap again and we have to go with Darling and play him unless he gets injured or goes through a funk.

I think Crawford will take the starting job and never look back. The look on his eyes last night told me everything I needed to know. He'll get it together and you can quote that and stick it in your sigs.

I agree...I think Crawford does feel like he's staring down the barrel right now and he did look hyperfocused on the bench. That should bode well.

I know that salaries don't happen in the playoffs, But if we take cap hit/game: Darling should be getting the $838k that everyone else we iced combined would have made and let the other 19 players fight over the $6,951 he made.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I hope Q gets to see this poll and make his decision to start Danny next game.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Crawford for game 2:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/16/this-one-was-easy-chicago-to-start-crawford-in-game-2/

I think Q saying it was an easy decision was his way of helping Crawford get past game 1. No way you could discount what Darling did in game 1 like that without a reason.
It's more about Q going with an entire body of work and sticking with the goalie who the jennings, has won at least 30 games in the last 4 full seasons and a cup win, instead of the knee jerk reaction of switching it up to a goalie who had an amazing performance in only his first playoff game. If Darling would have started that game I don't think you'd have seen the same time of play. He might not have been bad, but sometimes a goalie coming in cold in a situation like that doesn't have time to over thins things and just plays. not to mention the team got ripped a new asshole.

Oh and I shaved my beard last night. So you can all thank me. I finished with about 8 minutes to go in the first so that was the real problem.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Radio Good! Real Good! Only one opinion on radio. Love Darling, darling!

Crow bad, ...bad Crow.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Craw is the right choice for game 2. Q picked the right guy. Some fans are pissed about it which i dont understand. Why cant they just be beside themselves that the hawks have a great backup goalie who can come in when needed and have big games or moments? Darling is a great guy to have on the roster that should be all anyone asks for. Craws an experienced playoff keeper with a great back up. Other teams wish they had what we have.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How soon people forget how well Crow was playing at the end of the season.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
All of the above. I feel very confident that Crawford will come out tomorrow and play at the top of his game tomorrow night

Had it been Darling, I would have been excited as well. Two sound options, if we can play defense and capitalize on the PP again, it won't matter.

Predators won't score more than once tomorrow. Crow coming out guns a blazin

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How soon people forget how well Crow was playing at the end of the season.

I didn't even know in the first place how he was playing. It's all about PLAYOFF HOCKEY for me, bud. That's where the magic happens.

Look at it this way, was KANER even PLAYING at the end of the season???

NOPE.

PLAYOFFS!!!!!

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crawford is the right choice. The whole team played like shit out of the gate. Then the boys got their nuts punched by Q and never looked back.

Last night will haunt the Preds for a long time.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Eh for me this is tough. Darling gave a great performance but Crow is the starter and has a cup to his name. You go with Crow and yank him if he let's in a couple beach balls.

my problem is Crow is a boring goalie.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eh for me this is tough. Darling gave a great performance but Crow is the starter and has a cup to his name. You go with Crow and yank him if he let's in a couple beach balls.

my problem is Crow is a boring goalie.

Who has won a Cup.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Well it isn't false... [video=youtube;B35vsgBzMh4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B35vsgBzMh4[/video]

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
A lot of similarties between the TB game and the 1st period--specifically that while tne net minder wasn't good, the team bailed on him as well.

I'm not too worried about netminding...if fact last game gave me a shot in the confidence about Darling surviving the onslaught. I got a lot less confident since "the best team in the league" needed a goaltending change to decide to play in a playoff game. Talent means nothing if it's not brought to bear.

To have been a fly on the wall in the locker room after the 1st...
I wondered the same thing, the fly on the wall would have self combusted. Coach probably lit the guys up but good and probably blamed them for being forced into pulling shell shocked Crawford.