Who gets the start Friday?

Crawdads or Starling???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
It was a blast watching the hometown kid Darling blank the Preds last night, but the look on Crawfords face as he took a seat said he was pissed and I expect him to be more focused, and determined. It is telling that Darling saw very few shots when he first took over as the defense finally woke up.
If they played as well as they did for the rookie, Craw would've never been pulled..I think Q starts Crawford as the message has been sent and the team responded well..

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
defense woke up? Maybe in 2 but rest of game he was peppered. Crawford let in a mickey mouse goal that is why he got pulled. I would still go with him friday and see where he is at. If he still stinks we might see Darling rest of playoffs

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crawford is the #1 goalie and I think will start game 2. Oh my Darlings performance though will make it a tough decision for Q, as in last nights post game presser he wouldn't say who will start game 2.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
53% of the Tribune poll said Darling should start over the 46% who voted for Crow.

I agree with everyone else here. The message has been sent. Bring Crow back.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Game two on the road is the easy question.

You have your primary goaltender now rested against an opponent who played 5 periods. You take that advantage and hope Crow is ticked.

Darling played more than a game, so you give him some rest. If don't think Crow should lose his job unless he loses both game 2 and 3 and forces you to try Darling in game 4.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
I'd rather have the possibility of winning 2 on the road. Bring in Crow, yes, but if the game is similar to the first one, bring Darling in again.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dr. Craw should start, but I think the leash is going to be short. Crawford wasn't good but Darling didn't have to play behind the Indy Fuel like in the 1st either. That whole 1st period the entire team looked worse than a circumscision by Hellen Keller.

I wouldn't be upset with either. Darling was a wall.

My bigger concern, though, is Q getting the skaters prepped to play a full 60+. No more taking periods off.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would roll with Crow, but if things start going south much like Game 1 bring in Darling. I do think if Crow gets the nod, he will go beast mode. Darling was damn impressive last night, but Crow is the #1.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hot or not? Who tends goal friday?

Crawford is mah boi, and I really think he isn't deserving of blame for 2 of dem goals last night but WOWOWOW, Darling put on a mufakin CLINIQUE when he went in.

I think he's in those Nashville hillbilly's heads and think they need to start Darling next game. Did they have him wearing headphones blasting some serene type of tunes or something??? If I were a goalie, I'd have a play list of Brian Eno or Aphex Twin Ambient works blasting in my head to tune out the fury. But whatevs it was, that was quite the show last night!!!! Wut do you guys think???

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
per Hawks twitter, as reported by Hockey Central, on NHLN, Crawford to start game 2.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Egos be damned, I always say ride the hot hand.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
per Hawks twitter, as reported by Hockey Central, on NHLN, Crawford to start game 2.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As long as he's attached to a lasso to yank his ass off the ice if he has another hurr durr first period.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Here is the thing, we've seen it all season, hell all lifetime, the fans like the heroic goalie which ever it is. not too long ago folks were wondering what the fuck Darling was doing here when he gave up 4 goals to TB. And not to mention that Raanta still leads the team in GAA. Crow is the number 1, and you need a strong number one, not every game is going to be great, but you have to have a strong number one in the playoffs, he's shown he can be that so you give him every opportunity.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Crow will start, but I would start Darling.... I am not an NHL head coach doe.... Darling played 3+ periods of hockey and stopped 40+ shots... Crow is probably the better option from a fatigue standpoint and if Crow fucks up again Darling now has this aura of being unbeatable he can ride coming in from the bullpen.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here is the thing, we've seen it all season, hell all lifetime, the fans like the heroic goalie which ever it is. not too long ago folks were wondering what the fuck Darling was doing here when he gave up 4 goals to TB. And not to mention that Raanta still leads the team in GAA. Crow is the number 1, and you need a strong number one, not every game is going to be great, but you have to have a strong number one in the playoffs, he's shown he can be that so you give him every opportunity.
A lot of similarties between the TB game and the 1st period--specifically that while tne net minder wasn't good, the team bailed on him as well.

I'm not too worried about netminding...if fact last game gave me a shot in the confidence about Darling surviving the onslaught. I got a lot less confident since "the best team in the league" needed a goaltending change to decide to play in a playoff game. Talent means nothing if it's not brought to bear.

To have been a fly on the wall in the locker room after the 1st...