I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Festus Ezeli is a pretty good defender in his own right. Speights was considered the front runner for 6th man at one point. They were rolling at the beginning without Lee, they don't need him.

hmm so much for ezeli and speights making impacts. kerr doesn't even want to play them, they combined for 4 minutes total. and that's with david lee not playing lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
hmm so much for ezeli and speights making impacts. kerr doesn't even want to play them, they combined for 4 minutes total. and that's with david lee not playing lol
That small ball lineup is a killer man. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That small ball lineup is a killer man. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Anthony davis broke it lol....against a better overall team with a scoring big man itll be an issue for them I think

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anthony davis broke it lol....against a better overall team with a scoring big man itll be an issue for them I think
Perhaps. I only saw the first half and the Warriors were killing it. Guess in the 2nd half Pelicans turned it up and AD went to work. Guess I'll take your word for it.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Perhaps. I only saw the first half and the Warriors were killing it. Guess in the 2nd half Pelicans turned it up and AD went to work. Guess I'll take your word for it.

davis finished with 35 so id say he definitely put in work...golden st doesn't have anyone that can truly match up with him. pelicans just don't have enough around davis to make it happen

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
davis finished with 35 so id say he definitely put in work...golden st doesn't have anyone that can truly match up with him. pelicans just don't have enough around davis to make it happen
You can't stop AD...won't argue there. He's arguably a top 3 talent in the league so I won't fault GS for not having anyone who can hold him. They locked down on everyone else though. Evans, Holiday, and Gordon aren't crap players...they should play better in future games. Anderson too. Even so, the Pelicans definitely don't have the overall talent needed to take out the Warriors. They're solid though. If they were in the East they'd make some noise.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You can't stop AD...won't argue there. He's arguably a top 3 talent in the league so I won't fault GS for not having anyone who can hold him. They locked down on everyone else though. Evans, Holiday, and Gordon aren't crap players...they should play better in future games. Anderson too. Even so, the Pelicans definitely don't have the overall talent needed to take out the Warriors. They're solid though. If they were in the East they'd make some noise.

evans got hurt in the 2nd quarter. and you cant "stop" AD, but he definitely didn't average 35 a game during the year or anything close. golden st doesn't have anyone with the size/speed combo to guard him. bogut is too slow and draymond is too little

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
evans got hurt in the 2nd quarter. and you cant "stop" AD, but he definitely didn't average 35 a game during the year or anything close. golden st doesn't have anyone with the size/speed combo to guard him. bogut is too slow and draymond is too little
Don't disagree. But like you said, you can't beat a team with one dude. The rest of the team needs to step up and that is where the Warriors small ball plays to their advantage imo. If the supporting cast plays like that the rest of the series, AD can drop 50 a night and they'd still lose probably.

Didn't know Evans got hurt...he was in when I was watching and I watched until halftime so :shrug:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Don't disagree. But like you said, you can't beat a team with one dude. The rest of the team needs to step up and that is where the Warriors small ball plays to their advantage imo. If the supporting cast plays like that the rest of the series, AD can drop 50 a night and they'd still lose probably.

Didn't know Evans got hurt...he was in when I was watching and I watched until halftime so :shrug:

not saying the pelicans can beat them...just saying players like AD will give GS trouble because they don't have anyone to match up with him truly. a guy like lamarcus aldrige poses the same problem for them and has more help around him for example.

and you must of just been casually watching then bc evans def went down in the 2nd quarter...only played 12 min

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
not saying the pelicans can beat them...just saying players like AD will give GS trouble because they don't have anyone to match up with him truly. a guy like lamarcus aldrige poses the same problem for them and has more help around him for example.

and you must of just been casually watching then bc evans def went down in the 2nd quarter...only played 12 min
I thought I saw him on the floor near the end of the 2nd quarter, but I was mistaken I guess.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So LeBron easily took care of Boston, Atlanta dispatched Brooklyn, Memphis in control in Portland thus far.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
So LeBron easily took care of Boston, Atlanta dispatched Brooklyn, Memphis in control in Portland thus far.

well Memphis is taking care of Portland in Memphis actually but yeah so far they are putting a clinic on them

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
beno udrih 6 - 6 for 13 points so far

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well Memphis is taking care of Portland in Memphis actually but yeah so far they are putting a clinic on them
Ooops.. forgot they got HCA.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

and the Bulls could hardly pull away from the bucks is what you're getting at?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
and the Bulls could hardly pull away from the bucks is what you're getting at?
No, I was just recapping today.

Cleveland and Boston was "close" until the 3rd Q and even then Boston still threatened at times.. Kinda similar to Bulls-Bucks actually.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Kyrie had a very good playoff debut

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
kyle korver had a game high 21 on 5 threes :smug:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
well that was total domination by the grizz. they only had 5 turnovers until the last 3 minutes of the game when they put in the 3rd string PG and he committed 3 of em. they shut down LA and Lillard