Game 2 IGT: Blackhawks @ Predators 4/17 @ 8:30 p.m.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's how it typically goes, shaw always starts it, but steeg finds his way into an already existing melee.

Pretty much. Steeger always takes it a step further though by going out of his way to dick with the officials. Every single game.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Neither of Stans deadline aquidtions have paid dividends yet. They were both a waste of picks. we brought em in for this time of year and Vermette hasn't even touched playoff ice yet..

Actually there were three, and Desjardins was the best deal so far of the three. I'd suit Vermette next game, though, and sit either Nordstrom or Versteeg. Probably Versteeg, he plays out of control at times.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hahahaha "We'll see" is code for "fuck man Cory really fucked my ass tonight I need darling to medicate it"

How bout Saaad tonight, hit Weber so hard he knocked him out of the game.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
1st Rounder and Dahlbeck. Two big things given away for free. But somehow Stan is blameless.

TCD

Liked Posts:
How bout Saaad tonight, hit Weber so hard he knocked him out of the game.

Like opening a bottle cap that Nordstrom already loosened up.

Sadd was pathetic again tonight. That hit was nice though and he did have one wrap around chance which he never scores on anyways. Other than that? same old boring top line lw garbaage. That line was dreadfull tonight and it usually is when Saad is playing on it. He drags Hossa and Toews down. Put sharp up with them and let Sharp sit in the slot and shoot. At least Sharp does something usefull when he finds the slot and skated the perimeter. Saad doesn't know what he is doing unless the puck is on his stick and hes skating forward. Don't need that on the top line Toews and Hossa do that themselves just fine.

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
Actually there were three, and Desjardins was the best deal so far of the three. I'd suit Vermette next game, though, and sit either Nordstrom or Versteeg. Probably Versteeg, he plays out of control at times.

I was aware of Dezzy his deal helped that cap thankfully. But I'd be shocked to see him play in this series.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1st Rounder and Dahlbeck. Two big things given away for free. But somehow Stan is blameless.

Well, Stan did help rebuild the team for a Cup in 2013, after the dismantling of the 2010 Cup team, and the Hawks were one overtime goal from going to back to back finals last year. The trades this year at the trade deadline haven't worked out, and I'd rather see Ben Smith suiting up every night than Versteeg. Kane's broken clavicle hurt us in the regular season, and by opening up cap space when he went on injured reserve, it may end up hurting us this playoff and into the future. I don't hold much hope for Timonen (age and deconditioning) doing much, but I hope that Vermette can pull his mopey woe-is-me head outta his ass and start contributing.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was aware of Dezzy his deal helped that cap thankfully. But I'd be shocked to see him play in this series.

Ben Smith probably would've played, and if we go down 2-1, heaven forbid, Q may sit a few folks and dress Vermette and Desjardins, to shake things up.

I'd suit up mette and sit steeg next game, regardless.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like opening a bottle cap that Nordstrom already loosened up.

Sadd was pathetic again tonight. That hit was nice though and he did have one wrap around chance which he never scores on anyways. Other than that? same old boring top line lw garbaage. That line was dreadfull tonight and it usually is when Saad is playing on it. He drags Hossa and Toews down. Put sharp up with them and let Sharp sit in the slot and shoot. At least Sharp does something usefull when he finds the slot and skated the perimeter. Saad doesn't know what he is doing unless the puck is on his stick and hes skating forward. Don't need that on the top line Toews and Hossa do that themselves just fine.

Or Bickell, who can open up space for Toews and Hossa.

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
Ben Smith probably would've played, and if we go down 2-1, heaven forbid, Q may sit a few folks and dress Vermette and Desjardins, to shake things up.

I'd suit up mette and sit steeg next game, regardless.

You sit steeg over nord?

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Well, Stan did help rebuild the team for a Cup in 2013, after the dismantling of the 2010 Cup team, and the Hawks were one overtime goal from going to back to back finals last year. The trades this year at the trade deadline haven't worked out, and I'd rather see Ben Smith suiting up every night than Versteeg. Kane's broken clavicle hurt us in the regular season, and by opening up cap space when he went on injured reserve, it may end up hurting us this playoff and into the future. I don't hold much hope for Timonen (age and deconditioning) doing much, but I hope that Vermette can pull his mopey woe-is-me head outta his ass and start contributing.

If Dipshit Quennville would play him he could start contributing or is winning faceoffs and playing defense at the C position overrated now?

TCD

Liked Posts:
Corey Crawford: "I started feeling good for a little bit there and then just fell apart."

At least he is honest with himself. Probably too honest lol. But he didnt throw anyone else under the bus as he could have for a few goals. But I think saying this puts Q in a spot where he might have to start Darling next game? Maybe. I still never overlook his past playoff success and his ability to rebound. Had Darling not came in game 1 and gone lights out then I am sure Craw would still get game 3 without a doubt. But now there has to be some doubt.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Dipshit Quennville would play him he could start contributing or is winning faceoffs and playing defense at the C position overrated now?

I heard his face-off percentage is down since coming to the Hawks, he's minus 2, which is probably a wash since he's come here - but certainly not outstanding - and 3 secondary assists in 19 games, is well below his offensive output with the Yotes (13 points over an 82 game schedule). However, I wish Q would have sat him a game or two, with 5 or 6 games left in the regular season, and see how he responded the last 3 or 4 games, before deciding his status for game 1 of the playoffs, instead of playing him every regular season game after he arrives and then telling him, hey you benched for the first game. Anyway, I hope that Vermette has learned his lesson, suits up next game and starts making a contribution to the team.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Corey Crawford: "I started feeling good for a little bit there and then just fell apart."

At least he is honest with himself. Probably too honest lol. But he didnt throw anyone else under the bus as he could have for a few goals. But I think saying this puts Q in a spot where he might have to start Darling next game? Maybe. I still never overlook his past playoff success and his ability to rebound. Had Darling not came in game 1 and gone lights out then I am sure Craw would still get game 3 without a doubt. But now there has to be some doubt.

4th goal especially, looked like Forsberg wanted it more than #2. 2nd goal our D let Josi skate around wherever he wanted to - can't give up a goal that late in the period, either - and we couldn't clear the puck out of our own zone on the 3rd pred goal.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I am over game 2 now. Usually take 2 hours after an ass kicking like that one.

Here is what I think about an early Sunday game though...faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart!!! Not going to be in a good hockey mood on an early Sunday so Hawks better win and win big.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
There needs to be changes for game 3. Hawks could very well be down 2-0 if not for Darling standing on his head in relief. Hawks have been outplayed the majority of the time in the first two games.

Nordstrom fucking sucks, can't PK, can't win a board battle, and turns the puck over every time he touches it. I'm not sure he contributes ANYTHING positive at all. Fucking useless. He tried to lay several checks tonight, connected on one of them, and got obliterated. He needs to be out for game 3. That 4th line has sucked, and the PK has sucked.

Bickell can go fuck himself too. A complete piece of shit. Falls down pretty much every time he tries to "check" someone. Got away with a pretty fucking blatant charging tonight, completely leaving his feet on Ribeiro. Whether that was intentional, or the fact that he can't fucking stand up on his feet most of the time, who knows. I've yet to actually see him complete a pass through six periods in the playoffs. He is always out of position and two steps behind the play. Sit down asshole.

Versteeg has to be demoted. I like that he's playing with a bit of an edge, but how the fuck is he STILL playing on the PP? He has lost all benefit of the doubt and needs to be taken off of Kane's line ASAP. He has reverted to full WTF ARE YOU THINKING mode when he has the puck..

Rozsival. Words do not even describe how awful he is. Rundblad is fucking horrible too, so he can't play. You have to give Cumiskey a look in game 3, I think....

The lines suck right now. They need to be shaken up. Saad/Toews/Hossa just aren't clicking. They're not on the same page. This is what I go with Sunday:

Sharp/Toews/Hossa
Saad/Richards/Kane
Versteeg/Vermette/Shaw
TT/Kruger/Desjardins

Keith/Seabrook
Oduya/Hammer
Cumiskey/Timonen

You should be able to shelter that 3rd pairing pretty well at home...

I don't know what the fuck you do in net. I mean, if you start Darling, you better be damn sure. You don't bench your #1 and then expect to be able to go back to him if the decision backfires. That said, I'm not sure Darling could POSSIBLY be worse than Crawford was in the first two games.

The PP setup has to change. PP unit #1 has two lefties on the point... PP unit #2 has two righties on the point. I mean, what the fuck? Shooting options, please. You can't execute on the PP when only one guy on the ice can possibly shoot without stopping the puck first.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is what I think about an early Sunday game though...faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart!!! Not going to be in a good hockey mood on an early Sunday so Hawks better win and win big.

At least it's noon for us West coasters, instead of 9:30 AM or 10:AM, like it is at times.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Having a split series coming to Chicago is a good thing considering how the Hawks have played. I think Q needs to shake things up and insert Vermette and Desjardin into the line-up. Nordström and Versteeg can sit this one out. I know he won't scratch Roszy so won't bother about that. Place Shaw on the wing on the fourth line. Place TT on an actual scoring line and give him some PP time. As for the goalie decision. I would go with Darling, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Crawford get the nod for game 3. If he falters again, then Darling should take over for however long the Hawks can survive.
As a whole, the team needs to be so much better. And now if Weber is out with an injury, this is ready for the taking. But they need to execute.

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
For game 3 is like to see a handful of lineup changes. But the biggest would be getting Vermette into the lineup, take nord out. We need to have the most talent on the ice right now. Also darling in net may be for the better of the team right now.