My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nelson-one-of-drafts-most-undervalued-players

Other undervalued players in link.

WR Tyler Lockett, Kansas State
The skinny: Analyst Daniel Jeremiah said it's easy to spot Lockett on tape: "He's the guy who's always open." This draft has a number of top-level receivers, Jeremiah said, which will cause Lockett to slide a bit; Jeremiah thinks he will be available in the second round. He would be good value there: "He's open on every single play," Jeremiah said.

Liked Posts:
If we miss out on Cooper at #7, this kid would be awesome at the top of round 3.

He is a perfect slot guy long term, and a stellar returner. He is going to be a star in this league.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I was at the TCU/K State game last year. He caught 11 balls for 196 and a TD. I was impressed.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Lot of mid round WR value. Lockett is a pretty decent route runner. Not a textbook great route runner like Antonio Brown, but a guy who can shake a defender to create separation. More like a TY Hilton type of WR, though not nearly as fast. After big WRs (led by our own Marshall and Jeffery) had big 2013's, the smaller guys really dominated 2014. Guys like Hilton, Brown, Cobb, Maclin, Tate, Beckham are all sub 6' guys who had huge seasons and are big time weapons. We already have a big guy in Jeffery (and Bennett and Wilson have plenty of height too), I'd love to add a fast, good route running, elusive guy, who can also return punts in the middle rounds (if they don't draft Cooper at 7). Agholor, Lockett, Diggs, Hardy, McBride, Greene, etc. are all guys who fit this mold.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is DaaBears' guy. I'm glad you guys like him too, but let's just get that straight. DaaBears called this one and it's his shit, as long as you remember this everything will be okay.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nelson-one-of-drafts-most-undervalued-players

Other undervalued players in link.

WR Tyler Lockett, Kansas State
The skinny: Analyst Daniel Jeremiah said it's easy to spot Lockett on tape: "He's the guy who's always open." This draft has a number of top-level receivers, Jeremiah said, which will cause Lockett to slide a bit; Jeremiah thinks he will be available in the second round. He would be good value there: "He's open on every single play," Jeremiah said.

People say he could be the best route runner in this draft. If not the best they say he's in the top 3.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is DaaBears' guy. I'm glad you guys like him too, but let's just get that straight. DaaBears called this one and it's his shit, as long as you remember this everything will be okay.

I'll vouch for that.

DaaBears gets all #calledit rights on this kid and Bringbackditka gets all #calledit rights on Bud Dupree.

Oh and Lockett will never make it out of the second round.

#calledit

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
lockett is a nice player, but I don't see the bears drafting him. he is exclusively a slot receiver, and the signing of eddie royal to play the slot kind of nips that idea. bears need a #2 WR to play on the outside, opposite of Jeffery

Liked Posts:
lockett is a nice player, but I don't see the bears drafting him. he is exclusively a slot receiver, and the signing of eddie royal to play the slot kind of nips that idea. bears need a #2 WR to play on the outside, opposite of Jeffery

While this is a reasonable point to argue, Royal has in fact played on the outside and Lockett could too if need be. Also, this is a prospect for the future, so if it isn't the perfect play for 2015 on a granular level, I don't think we refuse to draft him based on that. Also, we really could use a good returner.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
While this is a reasonable point to argue, Royal has in fact played on the outside and Lockett could too if need be. Also, this is a prospect for the future, so if it isn't the perfect play for 2015 on a granular level, I don't think we refuse to draft him based on that. Also, we really could use a good returner.

they might be capable of playing outside, but its taking their strengths away from them IMO. I will agree if he is the BPA at some point when the bears pick you go ahead. a good returner would be nice and he can always play some downs to give royal a break or what not

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
He's definitely a guy you watch for in the draft, but no way in the 2nd for the Bears IMHO....not even if we picked much lower in the 2nd.

I think his return abilities sort of nullify the Royal argument a bit. I was more thinking of him in round #4, assuming he dropped a bit. I think he is a 3rd round talent myself.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Thanks my man. I was reading through this thread, and starting reaching for my blood pressure medication till I read your post. And also a special thanks to Jamais Vu.

Taking him 7th in the 2nd round is too early, and 7th in the 3rd round will be too late. So either we take him too early (fine with me, he will be an NFL superstar), or trade down a bit with our 2nd pick.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Taking him 7th in the 2nd round is too early, and 7th in the 3rd round will be too late. So either we take him too early (fine with me, he will be an NFL superstar), or trade down a bit with our 2nd pick.

If you truly believe Lockett's a lock to be a NFL superstar, why is it too early to take him at #39? That's just putting too much emphasis on the different rankings around the internet. I'd rather Pace "reached" for players he's really, really high on, than just picking guys that are great value according to the "experts" around the internet.

I'm really intrigued by Lockett. I don't think he's a lock to be a hit in the NFL, but I sure wouldn't be surprised if it happened. If we hadn't signed Royal to be our slot-guy, I'd be EXTREMELY excited about this kid. But I don't think he's a great fit outside, and that limits his potential value for us.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
well damn, I have been really hoping he would be available in the third for us. He'd be given every opportunity to star here, and would give a bit more diversity to our offensive attack.

I feel like the third round is the earliest we can afford to go WR, given the state of our defense. I dont know who my second favorite would be after Lockett at that point in the draft.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
He's an excellent player and he's more like T.Y. Hilton or DeSean Jackson than an Eddie Royal or Welker, Edelman. Honestly, you see a lot of Steve Smith in him. You'd think he'd get dominated by tall corners but he just finds a way to catch the ball every time.

He should be fine playing outside in the NFL. The fact that he's a really good returner doesn't hurt, but I think he's got a shot of getting drafted in the 2nd round. he'd be a great 3rd round value.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
When you played backyard football who was OPEN on every play, the kid who could not catch. lol

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"Tyler Lockett - WR - Wildcats
Kansas State WR Tyler Lockett may have been "the best big-play wide receiver in college football last season," reports ESPN's K.C. Joyner.
Lockett led the country in 10-plus yard receptions against Power 5 teams and red zone receptions (19) and receiving yards (171) last year. "Add in his best in college football ranking in punt return average and it shows Lockett could give any young wideout a run for the money in terms of posting big plays," Joyner wrote. "He could be had on Day 2 after most of the big-name receiver prospects are off the board, and put up similar or better production."
Source: ESPN Insider Apr 19 - 9:15 PM"

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we miss out on Cooper at #7, this kid would be awesome at the top of round 3.

He is a perfect slot guy long term, and a stellar returner. He is going to be a star in this league.

All that and you give him a 3rd round grade?